Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: flashing HTC to metroPCS network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metalheavy View Post
    My HTC works with MetroPCS and I did it myself through alot of searching on these awesome forums. But I had to use my girlfriends old MetroPCS ESN number off her phone and programmed it into the HTC. After that I got the phone to work after doing all the necessary requirements. Besides MMS and WAP which I am working on It's fairly easy and you dont have to spend a dime if you do alot of searching and have a existing MetroPCS phone thats currently active. Of course after the switch you cannot use your old phone.
    Hi metalheavy,

could you please describe the software/steps used to do the flashing ?
    have you managed to have MMS working on Hero for MetroPCS ?

thanks,
    Marvado

Feedback Score

Can I use an HTC Touch Pro with WCDMA on Metro PCS?

Not to sound like a real newbie but I'm going to buy and flash a TP onto MetroPCS but I've read conflicting threads about this. Some indicate you can flash and get everything working on both CDMA and WCDMA and some say you can't. Can someone shed some light on this as I don't want to waste any money purchasing the wrong one. I currently use a PPC6800 and recently dropped it braking the digitizer and screen. Time to upgrade. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    I know how to program, so the web and mms will work on the metro pcs network even the online. And I would love to help you out step by step. I can email you the instructions. That is if you still need my help. If you do the let me know, I teach you for free, all I want is if you can add my htc esn id unto the metro data base.? let me know....

Feedback Score
    I really need help!!!! I have a new Sprint HTC Hero flashed to metropcs, but i was able to get the web working. No Apps, MMS I have a use HTC - XV6700 phone that I will give it to who ever helps me make my mms and apps to work. I had flashed th HTC-XV6700 to metropcs, its fully unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by carliitoz88 View Post
    Can you post how u did it, Cause i flashed mine but still had to do a Houdini, Let me know and i will show how to put MMS & WAP in it ! Thank you

Feedback Score
    Yes, MetroPCS does flash a number of phones, and HTC HERO is one of them. There is a "however" of course. You may call and text all you want; HOWEVER, you will not be able to utilize any service that uses GPS or the internet. Any program you already have downloaded from "Market" - as long as it doesn't require use of the GPS or internet to function - will still work. My son has done this, since he wanted a cheap voice and text service and doesn't use anything other than the games he already had, plus the programs which don't require GPS connectivity or internet use. His bill went from $80 a month (with limits) to $40 a month (unlimited to any carrier and landlines).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by metalheavy View Post
    You dont need houdini at all to clone the phone if you have an existing one. I didnt even use houdini at all. Completely different process. PM me and I'll give you the tutorials.
    hey metalheavy

can u pls send me the tutorials for the cloning i do have an active phone with metro but wana get a sprint phone tht i really like and want to use instead but i dnt wana get it metro flashed. ive tried searching info on google abt it but no luck yet, cant seem to find exact step by step tutorial.

any help greatly appreciated anybody who can help me wit this please?

Feedback Score
    Hi my name is Ronald,, will you provide me the instruction on HOW to flash the HTC EVO to metropcs. Thank You
    ronmuckle@gmail.com

Feedback Score
    Can somebody please PM me, the steps to flash an HTC to Metro?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3