Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Web And MMS Settings Check Here First....

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Web And MMS Settings Check Here First....

before you ask every phone is different this is not deffinative but if you have anything to add that would be helpful to others plz feel free to post here try to keep the thread clean..

web settings (note web and mms spyder off evdo, and rtt data)

Homepage - http://wap.metropcs.net
    User ID - %[email protected]
    Password - 00 (i tried it and it worked on mine but it could be different[it may also work to leave password blank])
    Gateway IP 1: 000.000.000.000
    Gateway 1: wap.metro.net
    Service Type 1: HTTP
    Port 1: 3128
    E2E Port 1: 443
    LXL Port 1: 3128
    Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000
    Service Type 2: HTTP
    Port 2: 0
    E2E Port 2: 0
    LXL Port 2: 0

MMS: settings (note mms will not work without web)

Server MMS

MMS addy http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc

upload addy
    [email protected]

http://uaprof.metropcs.net/uaprof/model of phone

user agent
    user-agent model of phone

http header
    X-DEVICE-MIN

LG vx-8500 settings

Originally Posted by thegame460
    I have MetroWeb working on my LG VX-8500. It's not perfect yet, but its working.

Here are the settings I am using:

Primary Address: wap.metropcs.net
    Secondary Address: wap.metropcs.net

Primary Port: 3128
    Primary LXL Port: 3128
    Secondary Port: 0
    Secondary LXL Port: 0

Username: 0000000000

User Password: Blank (Nothing)

Homepage: http://wap.metropcs.net

You must have MetroWeb on your account. After you access the browser, you have to restart the broswer from the settings menu. It might take a couple of restarts, but it does work.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436455
    thanks to berry for the screen shots!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1435492
    New Ev-Do prl

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1439471
    Thank you BeerMaster!!!

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...54&postcount=1
    My Htc Touch Tutorial.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...25&postcount=1
    My Htc Diamond Tutorial

Many thanks to all those making progress and not starting new threads asking for the same old information

MMS on the LG's is still up in the air.
    MMS is a no go on the instinct PLZ stop asking...

*Thread Cleaned-Up by Forum Moderator: Please stay on-topic--thread hijacking will NOT be tolerated!*
    Last edited by L0GiC4L 3ViL; 09-04-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul 6800 (with working WAP & MMS)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) WAP and MMS

Sprint Mogul - PPC 6800 WAP & MMS

This is just a compilation of all the instructions and information from other peoples' hard work. I'm putting it altogether into one tutorial due to the numerous PM's that I receive since I've stated I got mine working. I take no credit for all the hard work that went into figuring out this information.

This assumes you are using the SPRINT Mogul PPC-6800, other 6800 models may vary.

WAP

1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
    Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
    Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
    MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
    NAI = [email protected]
    Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
    HDR AN AUTH User Id = [email protected]
    PPP USER ID = [email protected]
    PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: metropcs
    Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion. Too big to post here and I'm a bit nervous about the whole 7 day ban thing so you'll have to find it on your own. Google for "GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24" and you should find it for download.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
    Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
    Port number: 3128
    Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
    Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
    ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
    ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

Thanks and Credits:

I doubt I'll get everybody that's worked so hard on getting WAP and MMS working on the PPC's and other phones so if I forget or omit anybody its not intentional or malicious. Some of these people are from these forums and others are from ppc geeks where I got a lot of help from as well... the main players whose info helped me:

L0GiC4L 3ViL, beermaster, demon510, berry_lthird, bossman23, fred_dj
    Attached Files Attached Files

Device(s)
    HTC-Touch
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thank You, it works flawlessly!
    Last edited by kngri; 11-03-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Feedback Score
    How detailed it is! thanks

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    got the 6800 web working....thanks bro, i didnt bother with mms but im sure its good to go thanks again

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Samsung Instinct WAP How to

I got some of the info from Cricket Phone Talk courtesy of midiology:

Step 1.

Remove your MicroSD card and plug the phone into your PC via USB cable then open QPST (QPST Configuration, then go to Start Clients and select Service Programming) and then read the phone.

Once you read the phone, go to the m.ip tab and change from mobile ip to simple ip. Then look at the first 2 user profiles under m.ip open each one up and change the Nai to [email protected], for both standard and tethered...
    remove any ip address that you find in these 2 profiles. and remove any other profiles except the first 2.
    also make sure both of them say enabled.

Now go to ppp config tab...
    look at the tabs that say um and an... under these 2 tabs,, the user id should be [email protected] tethered id should be the same,, password is metropcs in lowercase on both tabs, remove any dns ip address you find in either tab also. just make sure all ip address are blank.

once you are completed with this make sure you write to the phone and move on to the next step..

Step 2.

click on phone icon (on the phone)
    click on the dialer..
    enter ##3282#
    click user name
    click edit
    enter your spc which should already be 000000 by now

Here are the settings:
    User Name "[email protected]"
    SPI MN-HA "1234"
    SPI MN-AAA "1234"
    M Home Address "000.000.000.000"
    Prim Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
    Sec Ha Ip "255.255.255.255"
    Rev Tunneling "Off"
    AAA Password "metropcs"
    HA Password "metropcs"

click done and allow the phone to reboot...

Step 3.

Now do ##3282# again.. this time go to browser
    click edit
    enter spc
    youll see gateway1 and gateway2, under both of these
    you will see primary and secondary,,, set primary and secondary ip`s for both gateways to 10.221.18.134,, they will all be the same ip address,, and set the Port 3128 and secure Port 443 for all gatways to ,, hit done and reboot.

Also this should work on quite a few other Sprint phones,,
    This is what I do for a living at the wireless company I work for,, and so far it has worked on Samsung upstage, Instinct,, Sanyo katana, and many others,,,

I have this working on my Instinct and if you have any questions please let me know via this thread.

Dennis

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    well done this should help out alot of people

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    question for you guys...i had the mms working on the touch and now it says all the pictures are unsupported content..so i cant send it anymore...any thoughts??

i went over all my stuff and its all in check still

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    got it to work all i did was reinstall everything

Device(s)
    Metro Diamond WAP MMS GPS
    Feedback Score
    Can someone do something as intuitive as this for the Diamond touch for Sprint settings?

Feedback Score
    hey man, absolutely great work, i have the sprint htc 6800, i have tried to delete the htc-cm-guardian exe file which is in the windows folder on mine but not the windows/startup, but it wont let me, i also have resco file explorer but that exe file doesnt show up when i search through resco, pls what do i do? after dialing ##778# what shud be my unlock code? pls help me out. 1 other thing, if i have it flashed at a metro store,will i still be able to get internet and mms using ur settings? pls anyone that see's this, and knows what to do, dont hold back.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Will this work for a Voyager v09?

Feedback Score
    pls coach me tru how u got ur 6800 working with internet n mms

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul 6800 (with working WAP & MMS)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    that's what the big long detailed walk through in this thread is for. Read that and its all you need to get it working on your 6800.

Feedback Score

Bell

Quote Originally Posted by derfel3
    hey man, absolutely great work, i have the sprint htc 6800, i have tried to delete the htc-cm-guardian exe file which is in the windows folder on mine but not the windows/startup, but it wont let me, i also have resco file explorer but that exe file doesnt show up when i search through resco, pls what do i do? after dialing ##778# what shud be my unlock code? pls help me out. 1 other thing, if i have it flashed at a metro store,will i still be able to get internet and mms using ur settings? pls anyone that see's this, and knows what to do, dont hold back.
    what i did with the same problem with my touch is just flash a bell rom (let customazations run (doesnt matter) ) you dont do that step you skip that step and go right to enterin you unlock code and change the setting etc... none of that iota b/s also.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast