Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Web And MMS Settings Check Here First....

Feedback Score
    will this work for the lg dare?

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus Fully Flashed to Metro PCS! 3G Web And MMS
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score

How To: Wap on the Dare

Allright.

Due to Berry's request, I have been asked to post a tutorial on the Dare and how to get Wap working on it (he really does love you guys)...

*Note: I wrote this tutorial with the newb in mind. However I highly suggest that you do not attempt this if you lack basic computer skills. The LG Dare is one of only a few phones that if you brick is immpossible to fix...

BRICKING THIS PHONE WILL RESULT IN A PERMANANT PAPER WEIGHT!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INABILITY TO FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS!

If you find this tutorial too complicated PM me. I can remote hack this phone from any location for a fee....

1. Flash phone for use on Metro PCS

2. Install BitPIM v 1.0.6 Software

3. Connect phone to computer using USB Cable

4. Click the “Find Phone” to locate the phone.

5. A window will pop up asking you to name the users phone. Name it anything; Example “Dare 1”
    (BitPim uses the ESN to locate a previously connected phone. If you have already connected the phone to BitPIM it will locate the users phone automatically when you click the “Find Phone” button.

6. Click the “Filesystem” Tab. If the “Filesystem” tab is not available, click view- view filesystem.

7. Click the “+” symbol to view the filesystem on the phone.

8. Once expanded, click browser – setting – and locate “FileDB”

9. Right click on “FileDB” and select “Overwrite”

10. Browse to, and select the cracked “FileDB” (Attached below)

11. After selecting the cracked “FileDB”, click the “Send Phone Data” button to send the cracked file to the phone.

12. Once you click the “Send Phone Data” button, another menu will pop up asking what data to send to the phone.

13. Select the “T9 User DB” checkbox and click “OK”

14. BitPim will send the user data to your phone. After a short pause the phone will restart and it’s WAP settings will now be editable.

15. Press the "Send" key

16. Type these keys exactly. #, #, p, r, o, g, r, a, m, 9, 7, 0, 0, send.

17. Another menu will pop up asking you for the service code.

18. Enter “000000” for the service code.

19. You are now in the phones program menu. Navigate down to menu “WAP setting”

20. Enter these WAP Settings Exactly.

Proxy Address setting
    - Primary Address = wap.metropcs.net
    - Secondary Address = wap.metropcs.net

Proxy Port Setting
    - Primary Port = 3128
    - Secondary Port = 3128

Username = 0000000000

User Password = Blank/Nothing (Delete any text that is in this menu)

Homepage = http://www.google.com

Do not mess with any other settings

21. Hit end to get out of the program menu and go back to the phones desktop

22. Connect the phone to your computer

23. Open LG Download v 1.3.6.3

24. Hit "Select DLL" Button

25. Hit "Choose DLL" Button

26. Click "Tri Mode"

27. Select "9100.Dll" (Too big to attach, Just google Humpa and you'll find it)

28. Select "NV Edit"

29. Click "NV Edit Start"

30. Select "Data Tab" and change only the settings located below

31. Select "MIP Profile Tab" and change anything that reads [email protected] to [email protected]

32. Click "Write"

33. Phone should reset

34. After reset navigate to the browser and select it. When the browser starts up you will get an error message. just select "menu- go to url" and enter your address.

Enjoy!

If you found this tutorial too complicated PM me. I can remote hack this phone from any location for a fee....

Link for cracked fileDB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R9B3AFDM
    METRO MAFIA!

Code Name: Reemo

Quote: C:/DOS - C:/DOS RUN - RUN DOS RUN

Past exploits: Alot to list...

Future Exploits: Currently working on an easier way to modify VIA Chipsets. So far have only been succesful with 2.
    -----------------------------------------

Have an STD and single? Check out www.stopswithus.com %100 Free Dating Site!

Feedback Score
    i heard when pplz add web and mms to there metro flashed phone that it stops working in a few months...will this happen if i do this to my dare????

Device(s)
    htc touch
    Carrier(s)
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    hi guys! i have spent a whole week trying to figure out how to add the mms and i cannot find the download for Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24.

can someone please help me?

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DNyed
    Sprint Mogul - PPC 6800 WAP & MMS

This is just a compilation of all the instructions and information from other peoples' hard work. I'm putting it altogether into one tutorial due to the numerous PM's that I receive since I've stated I got mine working. I take no credit for all the hard work that went into figuring out this information.

This assumes you are using the SPRINT Mogul PPC-6800, other 6800 models may vary.

WAP

1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
    Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
    Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
    MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
    NAI = [email protected]
    Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
    HDR AN AUTH User Id = [email protected]
    PPP USER ID = [email protected]
    PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: metropcs
    Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion. Too big to post here and I'm a bit nervous about the whole 7 day ban thing so you'll have to find it on your own. Google for "GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24" and you should find it for download.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
    Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
    Port number: 3128
    Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
    Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
    ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
    ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

Thanks and Credits:

I doubt I'll get everybody that's worked so hard on getting WAP and MMS working on the PPC's and other phones so if I forget or omit anybody its not intentional or malicious. Some of these people are from these forums and others are from ppc geeks where I got a lot of help from as well... the main players whose info helped me:

L0GiC4L 3ViL, beermaster, demon510, berry_lthird, bossman23, fred_dj
    I've found: Arcsoft MMS 5.0.71.33 for Titan, but was writing to see if it definitely has to be 5.0.70.24.. I found those yes I say those since there was 5.0.70.24 normal, beta-1, beta-4, beta-5 and beta-6 which kind baffled me as to which one to get or if indeed the 71.33 would actually be better since it's for the Titan aka Mogul...

Device(s)
    instinct
    Carrier(s)
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    followed everything, no go on my instinct. on qpst there is no m.ip tab, other than that did everything..

Device(s)
    Samsung Instinct m800 flashed to Metro
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by instinctMAN69
    followed everything, no go on my instinct. on qpst there is no m.ip tab, other than that did everything..

yes there is but its after you read the phone on the top bar there are options that say settings - cdma - cdms2 ... etc all the way to the right there is a right/scroll bar and if you scroll right you will see the m.ip

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    now its my turn to be a noob lol... i installed QPST 2.7 Build 264 and every thing seems fine but when i put my instinct on the usb cable, my computer will only recognise the instinct if the Mini Sd card is in... and qpst just doesnt see the phone at all. I'm stuck on the phone selection screen with the phone selection part greyed out and the option is to work off line with a scroll bar with what looks to be model #'s or serial numbers.... if i click ok with out choosing a phone i get the menu with the m.ip option but its not doing anything on my phone... any suggestions? I know the guy who started this thread said he doesnt want to hold anyones hand... but im pretty tech savy and if i could get the damn thing to show im sure i could do the rest

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    never mind i figured it out... i got the web working but i cant send pic texts did i do it wrong or was it not figured out how to get that working yet?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    mms for the instinct has not been cracked yet you have done nothing wrong
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus Fully Flashed to Metro PCS! 3G Web And MMS
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    MMS for the Instinct will probably never be cracked... Unfortunatley it is impossible to have MMS on the Instinct...

Feedback Score
    please help! Can someone do something as intuitive as this for the Diamond touch for Sprint settings?

Feedback Score
    I cant connect my sprint htc touch diamond to the internet! please help! thanks! email me at [email protected]

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Reemo4580
    Thank you so much

I used this on my Voyager and it works perfectly!!

Feedback Score
    hello, do you know how to set up mms on htc touch diamond please?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast