Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Web And MMS Settings Check Here First....

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    not sure...did you delete the shortcut from the windows/startup folder?

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Yea and when I deleted it in there I started and kept getting that error...
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 01-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Feedback Score
    How can you guys configure wap type metropcs.net .net is n't a valide domain name .
    why its not metropcs.com instead of .net ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kajkool
    How can you guys configure wap type metropcs.net .net is n't a valide domain name .
    why its not metropcs.com instead of .net ?
    Just cause there isn't a website doesn't mean that that domain isn't being used for something

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DNyed
    Sprint Mogul - PPC 6800 WAP & MMS

This is just a compilation of all the instructions and information from other peoples' hard work. I'm putting it altogether into one tutorial due to the numerous PM's that I receive since I've stated I got mine working. I take no credit for all the hard work that went into figuring out this information.

This assumes you are using the SPRINT Mogul PPC-6800, other 6800 models may vary.

WAP

1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
    Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
    Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
    MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
    NAI = [email protected]
    Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
    HDR AN AUTH User Id = [email protected]
    PPP USER ID = [email protected]
    PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: metropcs
    Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion. Too big to post here and I'm a bit nervous about the whole 7 day ban thing so you'll have to find it on your own. Google for "GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24" and you should find it for download.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
    Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
    Port number: 3128
    Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
    Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
    ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
    ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

Thanks and Credits:

I doubt I'll get everybody that's worked so hard on getting WAP and MMS working on the PPC's and other phones so if I forget or omit anybody its not intentional or malicious. Some of these people are from these forums and others are from ppc geeks where I got a lot of help from as well... the main players whose info helped me:

L0GiC4L 3ViL, beermaster, demon510, berry_lthird, bossman23, fred_dj
    Got more questions anyone who knows what to do...

Okay I can't delete iota.exe and iotaconf.txt (I'm in ResCo Explorer) I changed properties and unchecked read only box... When I renamed them it created duplicates, also WHERE do we put HTC_CM_Gaurdian.exe it just tells us to delete HTC_CM_Gaurdian.lnk which the exe is rather useless since it isn't a dummy lnk file... So what how do I do this again?

Also once I rename iotaconf.txt to iotaconfOLD.txt ResCo Explorer closes all by itself then when I open it back up theres two new iota.exe and iotaconf.txt files... How do I stop this???

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo
    Got more questions anyone who knows what to do...

Okay I can't delete iota.exe and iotaconf.txt (I'm in ResCo Explorer) I changed properties and unchecked read only box... When I renamed them it created duplicates, also WHERE do we put HTC_CM_Gaurdian.exe it just tells us to delete HTC_CM_Gaurdian.lnk which the exe is rather useless since it isn't a dummy lnk file... So what how do I do this again?

Also once I rename iotaconf.txt to iotaconfOLD.txt ResCo Explorer closes all by itself then when I open it back up theres two new iota.exe and iotaconf.txt files... How do I stop this???
    its going to make copies the files are built into the rom and thats normal put the dummy guardian file in the windows directory reset the phone and your good
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL
    its going to make copies the files are built into the rom and thats normal put the dummy guardian file in the windows directory reset the phone and your good
    Ohh put the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe in the main directory and not the Windows/Startup directory..

And okay thanks I wasn't paying attention to the files the first time so I never noticed them duplicating themselves automatically...

After I do that (renaming and adding files) I reset, and then go about adding the Internet and MMS Values and Settings or after I finish everything?

I think heres where I got lost and messed up last time when I go to connections and delete any existing connections do I: "Add a new modem connection", Set up my proxy server" or "Manage existing connections"?

Also for Socks do we choose 4 or 5? I'm guessing 5 since it requires our username and password...

-

Oddly enough after the hard reset to clear out any old attempts at setting up Internet and MMS, all my settings in ##778# are all still the same as before the hard reset..

~

Jesus this is pissing me off now!!! I went through all that correctly now my internet setting does not show up in the list and the metro Store I paid 47 bucks to get it flashed at said yeah keep your receipt and when we get internet and mms added we'll do it for free just keep your receipt and I helped him figure out how to do it and now he said we'll forward you a copy of how to do we aren't allowed to do it... And so WTF ever happened to the reflashing for free and adding the internet settings as long as I had my phone and now I'm stuck with a phone I can't use internet on or multimedia messaging since I'm doing something wrong in the process and so I'm just S.O.L.....

Guess I'll look around on Craigs List or find someone local here who can do it for me... IDK What I keep doing wrong...
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 01-20-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC Hero (coming soon)
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Hello guys i have a question.... im new with all this flashin and hackin stuff....But i have a Samsung Omnia i910 i know you can put on metro pcs that is what ima do but i want to know if it is possible to get the Web and MMS setting working??? please and thank you

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    with windows mobile anything is possible just use some of the applied knowledge in this sticky on your omnia

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    Well thought I'd post an update here..

-

I found a guy on Craigs List who is gunna teach me hands on right in person how to add the Internet and MMS Settings, plus show me how to add and unlock GPS for my phone and Tether my phone to a laptop so I can use it as a wireless modem... Also how to further customize my today screen i.e.: TouchFlo and what not(Even though I know about most of that) and if needed update to Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro with a custom rom and flash my phone and add all the settings all over again for me all for 50 bucks...

Device(s)
    LG Voyager Titanium V09 [On MetroPCS w/Working V Cast Apps]
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    do the lg voyager (vx10000) WAP settings work the same for a lg enV (vx9900)?

BACK ON T-MOBILE W/Blackberry Curve 8900

PEOPLE STOP PM'ING ME ASKING HOW TO GET WAP ON THE LG VOYAGER SEARCH THE FORUMS!!! YOU NEED TO USE THE LG DARE TUTORIAL!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DNyed
    Sprint Mogul - PPC 6800 WAP & MMS

This is just a compilation of all the instructions and information from other peoples' hard work. I'm putting it altogether into one tutorial due to the numerous PM's that I receive since I've stated I got mine working. I take no credit for all the hard work that went into figuring out this information.

This assumes you are using the SPRINT Mogul PPC-6800, other 6800 models may vary.

WAP

1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
    Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
    Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

3: Open your phone and enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
    MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
    NAI = [email protected]
    Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
    Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
    HDR AN AUTH User Id = [email protected]
    PPP USER ID = [email protected]
    PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: metropcs
    Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
    wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup.

Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

MMS

MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!

Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.24 from Verzion. Too big to post here and I'm a bit nervous about the whole 7 day ban thing so you'll have to find it on your own. Google for "GC VZW Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24" and you should find it for download.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings:

Server Name: metropcs
    Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
    Port number: 3128
    Server address: http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE OR "The internet"
    Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]

DELETE KEY -> "X-VzW-MDN"
    ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
    ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

Thanks and Credits:

I doubt I'll get everybody that's worked so hard on getting WAP and MMS working on the PPC's and other phones so if I forget or omit anybody its not intentional or malicious. Some of these people are from these forums and others are from ppc geeks where I got a lot of help from as well... the main players whose info helped me:

L0GiC4L 3ViL, beermaster, demon510, berry_lthird, bossman23, fred_dj

see i dont have that file (HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk) in vx6700 so what do i have to do

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mo3jab

see i dont have that file (HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk) in vx6700 so what do i have to do
    if the shortcut is not in the startup folder your good

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo
    Ohh put the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe in the main directory and not the Windows/Startup directory..

And okay thanks I wasn't paying attention to the files the first time so I never noticed them duplicating themselves automatically...
    drop the dummy guardian file in the windows folder and reboot, then delete the shortcut in startup folder

After I do that (renaming and adding files) I reset, and then go about adding the Internet and MMS Values and Settings or after I finish everything?
    after you take care of the guardian file configure your web, you cannot get the mms working until the web is done

I think heres where I got lost and messed up last time when I go to connections and delete any existing connections do I: "Add a new modem connection", Set up my proxy server" or "Manage existing connections"?
    you add a new modem connection, after that is added you then configure the proxy for that connection

Also for Socks do we choose 4 or 5? I'm guessing 5 since it requires our username and password...
    just do what it says, add the address for the socks WITHOUT the username and pw, thats all you need to do
    -

Oddly enough after the hard reset to clear out any old attempts at setting up Internet and MMS, all my settings in ##778# are all still the same as before the hard reset..

~

Jesus this is pissing me off now!!! I went through all that correctly now my internet setting does not show up in the list and the metro Store I paid 47 bucks to get it flashed at said yeah keep your receipt and when we get internet and mms added we'll do it for free just keep your receipt and I helped him figure out how to do it and now he said we'll forward you a copy of how to do we aren't allowed to do it... And so WTF ever happened to the reflashing for free and adding the internet settings as long as I had my phone and now I'm stuck with a phone I can't use internet on or multimedia messaging since I'm doing something wrong in the process and so I'm just S.O.L.....

Guess I'll look around on Craigs List or find someone local here who can do it for me... IDK What I keep doing wrong...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score
    I got it to connect but everytime I try to go to a page I get this page instead: http://mpcs.downloads.blue-cdp.com/wnf/t122/0/m, then if I try again typing in the original it'll finally connect.... So what did I do wrong or how do I correct this?

-

Also how do we set it to disconnect us for incoming calls..
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 01-29-2009 at 05:53 AM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast