Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Can anyone give me the internet, mms, wap settings for CinciBell for my MotoQ9h running WM 6.1. Love the phone but can't get any internet at all. Yes, I'm paying for unlimited internet and mms. Got the phone from AT&T it's sim and app unlocked, and almost completely unbranded D4MN rom startup.
    Here's the guide straight from CBW for a Touch Diamond running WM 6.1. Should be the same setup.

WAP/Internet:

http://cbwportal.wdsglobal.com/wap?c...nufacturerId=9

MMS:
    http://cbwportal.wdsglobal.com/mms?c...nufacturerId=9

Feedback Score
    I just had FiOptic installed. The Internet speeds are CRAZY! 20mb d/l and 10mb u/l. Holy crap!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    Cinci Bell
    Feedback Score
    Still stuck, I used the settings for the HTC S621 as the Q is not a touchscreen. Still cannot get any internet, IM, or MMS. Looks like a trip to the store for some higher tech support.

Device(s)
    Nexus One (on Cincinnati Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Connections
    ADVANCED TAB - Select Network. Use "My Work Network" for both.

PROXY - NONE

Modem - CBW Internet:

Name - CBW Internet
    Modem - Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G)
    Access - wap.gocbw.com
    User/Pass/Domain = Blank

In MMS Options
    PREFERENCES - check ALL but reject all messages, retreival mode = auto, attempts = 2, resolution = original

SERVERS - Cincinnati Bell:

Name - Cincinnati Bell
    Gateway - 216.68.79.202
    Port - 80
    Server - http://mms.gocbw.com:8088/mms
    Connect via - the internet
    Send limit - 300K
    Wap - 2.0

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    Cinci Bell
    Feedback Score
    Well ******... Finally got internet working, but 2 different stores and tech support have no idea why I'm not getting MMS to work. Thanks for the settings cboy, they are the same ones that I'm using but can't get yahoo to work from the IM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamo62
    I just had FiOptic installed. The Internet speeds are CRAZY! 20mb d/l and 10mb u/l. Holy crap!!!

yea, when i was living there i was constantly around 30mb up and down. i miss that

Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Good info. We should rename this the "Official Cincinnati Bell thread". I noticed they just added a new smartphone; the Blackberry 8520: still no 3g, this is driving me nuts, plus they want $100 more for the Blackberry 8320 . . . Huh? Side note: they list the nokia 7510 as wifi capable, (not in any spec sheet I've seen). Maybe I should have put this in the provider rant thread!

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    Cinci Bell
    Feedback Score
    Chatting with the Cincinnati Bell guy at WPAFB BX yesterday while he was fighting with my Q. He was amazed that they were adding more phones that don't work with their 3g network.

Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Being a Reds and Bengals fan, I've become quite familiar with the word "hope"! I would "hope" they add a 3g Smartphone for the holiday season.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    Cinci Bell
    Feedback Score
    Just like with the Browns "there's always next year."

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score

Talking CBW 3G BlackBerry

I spoke with a CBW store employee "off the record" a month or so ago and asked about a 3G BlackBerry. At the time I was contemplating upgrading from my Curve 8300 to a Curve 8900. He told me they were testing one and it would be out in late 4Q this year (4Q being Oct-Dec 09). That seems to correspond with the announcement of the BB Bold 9700 being released sometime in November. There are two models of the 9700, one of which has 3G 2100/1700/900. Boy, I hope this is it!
    Friar

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly135s
    I spoke with a CBW store employee "off the record" a month or so ago and asked about a 3G BlackBerry. At the time I was contemplating upgrading from my Curve 8300 to a Curve 8900. He told me they were testing one and it would be out in late 4Q this year (4Q being Oct-Dec 09). That seems to correspond with the announcement of the BB Bold 9700 being released sometime in November. There are two models of the 9700, one of which has 3G 2100/1700/900. Boy, I hope this is it!
    I can confirm this. More likely Q1 2010 though
    @UCBearcats Look for the Blackberry Bold 9700 in Jan 2010 at Cincinnati Bell Wireless! Thanks, Susan, Cus Relations Mngr, Cin Bell
    http://twitter.com/CBTNiles/status/5066676879

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Dang. I was hoping they would get the 9700 before the end of the year. I guess better late than never

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly135s

Okay so I'm in a conundrum!
    I want to switch to CBW ASAP, mainly because T-Mobile doesn't get reception at my work, and with the "Why pay for two" plan I get to have a REALLY cheap plan!

My issue is, what phone do I get ? I want 3g, and preferably a Blackberry (ues BBM as free overseas texting )

What phones are out there with 3g currently ? or do you advise me of buying the BB 8520, then selling that and buying the new 3g CBW BB ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I really don't know why Cincinnati Bell doesn't offer/label which phones are 3G. Doesn't make any sense to me

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast