Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99,

Your welcome, I get it tomorrow then start learning and experimenting. Knowing me, I will probably root it if I see something of big value to me personally. I will do a lot of research on the net and forums before I attempt that. Also, I will ask my sales rep on the 8900 and 8700g being locked to CBW. Never used Craigslist, thought I would just mention it on some BB Forums.

osugsxr,

It is my understanding from talking to CS awhile back that there is no data limit if you have the unlimited plan. It states "Unlimited" on my features page.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Motorola Bag Phone; Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126x2; Blackberry 8700g; 8900; Nexus One; HTC One S; Galaxy S4 32gb; iPhone 6Plus: Carrier AT&T.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99, osugsxr,

N1 is going to be here today then need to get it set up at my CBW store.

Question:

I will try Craigslist to sell 8900 and 8700g, am assuming they are CBW locked.

I will not sell with sim cards in them, actually they will use the 8900sim card for the N1, I think. The 8700g still has the sim card in it. I will wipe the 8700g and 8900. Must the sim card be in the phone to wipe it and must it be in phone to get it unlocked. I know many places will unlock phones. But, don't know if sim card needs to be in to unlock. Logic would say no, since people don't sell phones with sim cards in them.

Thanks,

ken

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc
    mcgoo99, osugsxr,

N1 is going to be here today then need to get it set up at my CBW store.

Question:

I will try Craigslist to sell 8900 and 8700g, am assuming they are CBW locked.

I will not sell with sim cards in them, actually they will use the 8900sim card for the N1, I think. The 8700g still has the sim card in it. I will wipe the 8700g and 8900. Must the sim card be in the phone to wipe it and must it be in phone to get it unlocked. I know many places will unlock phones. But, don't know if sim card needs to be in to unlock. Logic would say no, since people don't sell phones with sim cards in them.

Thanks,

ken
    correct, take the SIM cards out of your BB's (they sometimes contain personal information, contacts, numbers, etc). move one to your N1 and take it to the CBW store. they may just give you a new 3G sim card for the N1, i don't know. i don't think a SIM is necessary to wipe phones, at least that is true for my old G1 that I still use (but doesn't operate on the CBW cell network anymore) at home
    Nexus One
    CM 6-nightly build
    ClockworkMod recovery

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99

Got phone and opened. Quick guide says insert batt and charge till green light comes on. Then power up and touch android set up.

Should I charge first without sim card from 8900 before going to store. They said they would use same sim card.

ken

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99

Got phone and opened. Quick guide says insert batt and charge till green light comes on. Then power up and touch android set up.

Should I charge first without sim card from 8900 before going to store. They said they would use same sim card.

ken
    never mind figured it out. am charging without sim.

how long to charge enough to take to store. the screen actually comes up with instructions on getting started, so must be some charge there.

ken

Feedback Score
    enjoy it.... recommend rooting it wish I wouldve done it earlier! Although would wait till froyo rolls out I think tomorrow. Like being able to switch between the two roms anytime, both loaded on the sd card... Cyanogen and desire rom, enjoying the sense ui, few bugs still but itll be in beta shortly and good to !

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am now learning but can't get calender to sync, lots of entries thru 2028. Is that too large. They are all on web calendar. At store had only 2g so I came home and set up my wifi. But I think syncing stopped due to low batt. Lots of entries are missing. I think I need to delete cal and start over, but how.

ken

Feedback Score
    Reset the phone or delete Google account on the phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I deleted my calendar then readded it. It syncs for awhile then stops. There are entries all over but only one for a day that has 5 etc. Randomly missing events. I will have to take it back and have them call google. My web calendar may be to big.

Otherwise a lot of cool things to do on this phone.

ken
    Last edited by rugmankc; 05-18-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I deleted my calendar then readded it. It syncs for awhile then stops. There are entries all over but only one for a day that has 5 etc. Randomly missing events. I will have to take it back and have them call google. My web calendar may be to big.

Otherwise a lot of cool things to do on this phone.

ken
    Solved, just took time and some operator error. Syncing fine now.

Question: How do you stop a song from playing. It only has pause. My old 16GB Sd card was put in N1 and all pics, movies, songs are there. So I synced up my Plantronics 590 bluetooth stereo headphones and played a movie. It was awesome since I recorded it at high res on BB with Mobiola Studio, but would get audio skips when playing on my BB 8900. Probably too much bandwidth for a slower processor. No problems on the N1. However, when I went to hit the pause on the 590 my last song I paused off the sd card started playing over the movie. So the song was never stopped. Not sure what would have happened if I paused movie from the screen. There should be a stop somewhere.

And BTW the Google GPS is great, but the voice directions suck. Too low volume even on highest setting and hard to here. Would like that fixed. Telenav was much better on voice. But, I like screen layout better on GMaps.

Ken

Ken

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99, osugsxr

Loving the N1, sold both my BB's on Craigslist in 24hrs. Thanks for that advice.

GCal and GMail are working great. But, I have had one problem that CBW was of no help with and Google phone support solved by having me completely power off/on phone. Should have thought of that having had BB's for the last 6 years. Problem was GMail going straight to All Mail and not to the Inbox. However, after 2 days I had to reset again. This time I did a battery pull. Will see. Only net info has to do with Web GMail settings. But, none of them have been changed. So, not sure what will happen on that. When the GMail goes to All Mail, I get no notifications on phone.

Only other option given me by Google was to reset phone to factory settings and reloading Google account and all apps etc. Anyone have this problem?

Ken

Feedback Score

gmail...

with the gmail Im having no problems, I didnt set up the email through cbw site nor have I looked at their settings. I have gmail account and a hotmail account set up, both get their own notifications. Enjoy the n1, very fun and a solid phone, gets even better when you root it!!!Trackball colors for notifications, and able to improve speed of phone as well. Currently using desire rom and its pretty solid like the sense, but it lags a bit.

Question for cbw users, seems like my speed of my n1 dropped. Was averaging around 3-5mb now Im down around 2 range. Im at 4.9gb on my data plan (unlimited) and I read somewhere in the contract that the limit is 5gb...would this cbw slow down my connection? or it is because of the desire rom Im running? Stock os & cyangen I was near 4mb

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Afraid to root now, will wait for 2.2 and see if I have any need to do that at this time. Do you get OTA updates from Google if rooted.

I use mobilespeedtest.com and got 2.7 wifi and 1.8 3G. Don't know if that is a good site. Forgot which site I used on my BB.

You are not limited to 5gb on CBW unlimited plan, so no intentional interference from CBW.

All is now working great including my large calendar. Just working on my GMail issue. May have to reset N1 and readd account, but have one other option from Google Help Forums to try first.

Again, how do you STOP songs and movies, only have pause option on both?

Feedback Score
    okay, may have something to with sense you or the kernel Im currently running with the rom. Before I was averaging higher speeds, but if you are around 2mb then its probably fine.
    Rooting is very simple after the first time through, you will not get ota updates once rooted unless you back to original rom. As for the music player, its the same way for me, I just hit pause and back out of it. Itll eventually close on its own, or you can use a task killer to stop it. Read mix things about the task killer apps, I no longer use one and batter life is pretty solid, although the sense ui does use battery alittle more.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Those are acceptable speeds to me, just not sure how accurate that website is. I had a better one on my BB, forgot the site and BB's are sold.

Does seem odd about no stop but task killer should handle that. It was just wierd listening to my movie thru the Plantronics 590, hitting pause, and having the last song I was listening to 20min ago or longer start to play.

I am sure, knowing me, after 2.2 and when I am more familiar with the, I will probably root. But, as with your your comment on app killler, I read problems with rooting. I am not real tech savvy and would hate to screw it up.

Do you have a (IMAP)Sent folder on your phone in GMail. It is empty and not sure what it does. I hid it on my web gmail settings. But, don't see a way to hide it on the N1.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast