Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    hey N1 users....froyo is out for your enjoyment...i'm flashing now (had to revert back to stock but oh well)...still have an unlocked bootloader tho.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686326&page=96
    Nexus One
    CM 6-nightly build
    ClockworkMod recovery

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    mcgoo99,

that shows as an invalid url

This is the one I downloaded, but afraid to try. Various posts are showing some problems and not sure if this official. Different steps to install on different posts. Some apps don't work.

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...7.1e519a24.zip

Since we are both cbw let me how it works and your steps to install, some confusion on that too.

I have an SD card in mine I took directly from my BB. I read somewhere you have to have your card partitioned to xfer apps. No idea how to do that. I have a page bookmarked on downloading Adobe Mobile if I get that far.

May wait for OTA.

Ken

Ken
    Phones Owned: Motorola Bag Phone; Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126x2; Blackberry 8700g; 8900; Nexus One; HTC One S; Galaxy S4 32gb; iPhone 6Plus: Carrier AT&T.

Feedback Score
    using speedtest app I was getting 3.6mb today at work, nothing below 2. Not sure if sense UI has something to do with or Im just off from previous test. Friends droid was only getting 1.5mb.....

I do have the sent folder on both settings I guess. As for the app killer, read a few sites about it, people say that phone will kill it eventually after its not being used for awhile, or you can go ahead and kill it yourself

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I use mobilespeedtest.com. Is yours the same link. I know these speeds can very even 5 minutes later.

I'll keep Advanced App Killer, I can select what doesn't close and what closes. Not 100% sure if I am doing anything though, based on coments on a droid developer forum. But, I like it.

Are you talking about the (IMAP)/Sent Label when you say Sent Folder. If so, I will leave it on phone as I can't see a way to delete it. Just not sure when it is used. I'll check on a Google Help Forum.

Still have my GMail working, if it bypasses Inbox again, I have an option from a Google Help Forum post I made.

Awaiting OTA 2.2. Too many people with problems trying the manual links currently posted on web. I misunderstood the wifi/hotspot tethering. I take it you need to be on wifi not 3G to tether. Guess I may still need to find my best way to tether while on vacation twice a year. Heard 2.2 has a louder speaker. Hope that is true.

Ken

Feedback Score
    yes froyou is out! stayed up alittle later to install it. Im having a few errors though where it forecloses.... I think where I messed up is on the reformatting, I was impatient and just turned off phone since it was taking awhile. Anyways the rom does work, will reflash everything today while at work. I still have bits of the desire rom on my phone, maybe from titatium backup. Main issue is browser isnt up and running yet, but I think I know the issue

Froyo,
    as the tethering and wifi built in, and working
    home button!! do like it, phone, apps, browser
    not for sure on the speed aspect yet, will play with it today

As for flashing I still have root access, not sure exactly what I lost, you can install cyanogen 5.06 and flash on top of that for froyo. adobe 10.1 must be downloaded from market, there will be errors on apps since they arent updated to 2.2.

Feedback Score
    update....up and running smoothly!!! WOW...speed is impressive, loading webpages is faster than before, phone is more responsive as well, may try overclocking for fun. Back to the stock look, dont really mind it but I liked being able to change the live wallpaper colors in cyanogen. Still rooted and can install my old root apps I had. Everything is working great,

pros: the home run, phone, apps, browser.....really like the set up of this, reason I changed roms in the first place
    speed speed speed.....searching web is faster,
    adobe flash! pretty good
    speed test...excellent connection low so far 3.2 mb high 4mb

cons:
    lost a few root apps which were for cyanogen
    other than that Im happy with the 2.2 update, more still to come though

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    osugsxr,

Glad you got it working. I will wait for the OTA, not that good at this stuff and phone is still new. Got to rethink just how to set profile ringtones etc.

I hope my 16gb SDHC card I put in straight from my BB is no problem. Everything on it works fine on the N1. It is not partitioned. But, I would think the OTA would guide you thru everything. I think 2.2 gives you the ability to transfer apps to the SD Card, so maybe something may need done anyway???

Am I correct in that you must be on wifi to tether and 3G won't tether?

Ken

Feedback Score
    ken,
    just tested the tethering app installed on 2.2..... tetehering just click it and its up and running when connected through usb, can mount the sd card though
    Wifi....just tested this out with my employees g1, turned on the wifi and his phone picked it up as android ??? forget the last few letters, but Im connected to my network only

Apps2sd....still in process of being worked on from what I read. I know cyanogen had this good to go before but I really nevered used it, do have a few apk downloaded and installed though

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

osugsxr

osugsxr,

Are you saying tethering worked on 3G?

On the Ap2SD, I guess that is a radio button to the right of the app in the app list put there by the devs.

ken

Feedback Score
    ken,
    Yes 3g tethering works..... wifi hot spot makes the phone a 3g connection for any wireless device,

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    osugsxr,

That's great news, no need to purchase a progarm. I have done a lot of work with my 16gb SDHC. So, I am familiar with it on this phone enough to handle the 2.2 upgrade. Can't wait for the OTA. Actually, becoming more familiar with phone in general. It is awesome. One dummy question What does it mean to flash rom. If that is the correct term. I know what rom is.

Ken

Feedback Score
    Flash a rom, I wasn't families with doing any of this. Flash you open a zipped file from your SD card which is typically a rom, update, custom file, etc. Can do it manully or use rom manager app. I prefer manually. I have the following roms on my SD card, cyanogen, desire, froyo update and stock. Can just wipe old data, cache etc and flash any of those roms basically for a new phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    osugsxr,

Thanks, I understand. It is same as instaling an OS or OS's on previous BB's. In their case, I just installed to PC and upgraded or downgraded thru PC. On Androids you can do it thru the SD Cards.

Thanks Again for the Help. I am learning a lot quickly.

Ken

Feedback Score
    Same here I picked up fairly quickly on rooting and flashing roms on the N1, may play with the cpu settings for fun. Overall n1 is a great phone, I do miss my iphone but I like having 3g coverage. Cincybell for the price is the best way to go, hit the 6gb data mark today!!! Play with this too damn much and do use it to tether some, its up b/c of those roms I download...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    osugsxr,

Thanks for all your help, I'll post when I get the OTA 2.2.

Ken

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast