Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    osugsxr,

When you upgraded to 2.2 you had to go back to stock rom. Did you notice any increase in speaker volume? It is very low. I know on rooted phones there are some fixes available, but how about the nonrooted one on 2.2?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Motorola Bag Phone; Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126x2; Blackberry 8700g; 8900; Nexus One; HTC One S; Galaxy S4 32gb; iPhone 6Plus: Carrier AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Ken,
    Currently my back nandroid is completely stock rom, anytime Ive flashed I usually dont run a back up of any sort, so I can always goto stock. I flashed the froyo update over cyanogen, which worked perfectly fine. Froyo returned me to stock rom, I no longer have the H, now Im back to 3g. The volume speaker seems to be better to me now, yes there are rooted apps that will allow better volume.

Personally I would just go ahead and root the phone, its a fun experience being able to flash any rom you want, love the customization. One thing I hated when I first traded for the n1, was the phone app, being only on one page. Went with ahome for awhile, then read about desire rom sense ui.....and went for it...havent looked back since Ive been rooted. Froyou is sweet, cant wait for cyanogen to come out with it though.
    Ill probably be leaving this forum for awhile or for good, came across this when searching for iphone on cincybell, and then came the n1. Anyways Ill send you a pm with my email to contact me regarding anything about rooting,....

Feedback Score
    I am interested in getting a Cincinnati Bell data plan (with no voice or texting). What is my best option? Am I able to get something like the Unlimited Media plan with no voice plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any CBW users using any IM on the N1. CBW didn't support Yahoo IM on my BB8900 and don't on my N1. They say it is Google problem and BB problem, I think it is their's.

Ken

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've used YIM on my BB8900 and also on my N1.

However, CBW doesn't support either as on the BB, it's a 3rd party app and same for the N1(which they don't even technically provide full tech support for the N1 either).

However, the network does not prevent either from functioning. I just double checked and my 8900 still works with YIM. I haven't used it on my N1 for a few weeks.

There are some issues with Yahoo Mail potentially if you have a free account, but lots of information on the web about that and not specific to CBW.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks tullnd

Got it working thru Google Chat.

Thanks

Ken

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    Hi: I am in San Francisco area with AT&T and T-Mobile as GSM carriers. Just want to confirm if I can get a unlocked Moto XT720 from Cincinnati Bell: http://www.cincinnatibell.com/consum...rola_milestone it will work on T-Mobile 3G and not on AT&T because Cincinnati Bell is on AWS. Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

my experience

I had Cinci Bell from '99 - '08. They were pretty good the whole time and even offered free international roaming data until July '08. (Wish I knew that sooner cuz I traveled extensively internationally.) Anyway, I had a Nokia bar phone. But when I switched to AT&T they wouldn't unlock the phone for me. I complained I was with them for 10 yrs and still nothing. So.... good luck!

Feedback Score
    Update on Cincinnati Bell 3G roaming for anybody following this thread:

Cincinati Bell now has a roaming agreement with T-Mobile which includes 3G and they still have their roaming agreement with AT&T.

I had been using T-Mobile for 3G coverage in cities such as New York and San Francisco where AT&T's 3G had often been unusable, but I was frustrated by T-Mobile's coverage outside metro areas - particulalry in locations where they had cut their roaming agreements.

Cininnati Bell now offers access to 3G in all T-Mobile's 3G locations but can use either T-Mobile or AT&T for 2G coverage, so overall the coverage is better than I could get as a T-Mobile customer.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlo8 View Post
    Hi: I am in San Francisco area with AT&T and T-Mobile as GSM carriers. Just want to confirm if I can get a unlocked Moto XT720 from Cincinnati Bell: http://www.cincinnatibell.com/consum...rola_milestone it will work on T-Mobile 3G and not on AT&T because Cincinnati Bell is on AWS. Thanks.
    correct, CBW and TMO use the same 3G frequencies. Since the Moto is unlocked, it will work on either carrier. Drop your SIM card in and go. If you use it with an ATT SIM, you will only get Edge connections.
    Nexus One
    CM 6-nightly build
    ClockworkMod recovery

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Mobile View Post
    Update on Cincinnati Bell 3G roaming for anybody following this thread:

Cincinati Bell now has a roaming agreement with T-Mobile which includes 3G and they still have their roaming agreement with AT&T.

I had been using T-Mobile for 3G coverage in cities such as New York and San Francisco where AT&T's 3G had often been unusable, but I was frustrated by T-Mobile's coverage outside metro areas - particulalry in locations where they had cut their roaming agreements.

Cininnati Bell now offers access to 3G in all T-Mobile's 3G locations but can use either T-Mobile or AT&T for 2G coverage, so overall the coverage is better than I could get as a T-Mobile customer.
    This has been true for some time now. I have seen 3G speeds in many other cities, wherever TMO has 3G. CBW also has roaming agreements with ATT, but obviously you only see Edge speeds in these locations.

WARNING: CBW has a condition in their T&C's that you MUST SPEND NO MORE THAN 30% of your data usage while roaming, either on ATT or TMO. They analysis your data usage over 3-month time spans, and if your data usage goes beyond 30% outside the CBW area (cincy and dayton mostly) then they reserve the right to cancel your account.

While I live in Cincy and had been a faithful CBW customer for 12 years, I traveled a lot this summer and they canceled my account due to roaming data charges they were incurring from TMO and ATT (something like $450 in one month, versus the $60/month i was paying them). I was forced to port my number TMO. Ironically, I haven't been on the road since, but that's life I guess. I was hoping for more customer loyalty, but business is business I guess.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo99 View Post
    WARNING: CBW has a condition in their T&C's that you MUST SPEND NO MORE THAN 30% of your data usage while roaming, either on ATT or TMO. They analysis your data usage over 3-month time spans, and if your data usage goes beyond 30% outside the CBW area (cincy and dayton mostly) then they reserve the right to cancel your account.
    The voice requirement is that at least 30% of use must be in the CBW area on each device over a 3 month period. For data the requirement is that no more than 20% of usage can be outside the CBW area per month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have CBW's corporate phone nimber. Had it from an employee of cbw a couple years ago and can't find it. I have a Nexus One in the Dayton area and more of my job has me in areas they don't have coverage. Reluctantly after 12 years I need to find another carrier, at least until i retire in 3 years. My wife and son have Nokia 6126's, BB5 phones and they say they don't have the codes, but can't get further up the chain. I know they do. Since, I have legit reasons for leaving and have been with them for many years, I don't feel they should withhold that info from me. My wife and son like the phones and want to keep them.

Any info appreciated,

Ken

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18