Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    Nexus One (on Cincinnati Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i'm using an unlocked g1...it's not from cincinnati bell...and i have the correct settings - they worked on my tilt, but now they won't work (see above...).

Feedback Score
    CBW's 3G will be in the 2100 MHz freq range. I can't remember the exact frequency, but it is just on the upper side of Channel 7 for the new BAS spectrum.

T-mobile is on 1700 MHz, no?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i thought both cincinnati bell and tmobile were going to be on AWS 1700/2100 or something...but i'm not sure.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile and CBW will both use the AWS 1700/2100 frequency. They are used as a pair together. 1700 is for uplink and 2100 is for downlink.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks for all the info so far. i still have a few unanswered questions however (putting mms issues aside for now)

according to popwar, "The 3g network is gonna be set up n 3 steps. Voice, text, then data, there isnt full coverage so hardly anyone has their 3g network right now. Dont matter what phone you got."

if i'm using a t-mobile g1 on cincinnati bell, and my brother has a nokia 3555 on cincinnati bell. when our phones are right next to each other, his shows "3g" at the top, and mine shows "E". why would this be?

speculation : does it have something to do with the "voice" part of cbw's 3g being rolled out and thus his phone is saying it has 3g voice connectivity and mine says it has edge connectivity?

when can we expect cbw 3g to work? (someone said q1 09...). will they be piggybacking off tmobile? or will they have their own network?

i think that's it for now. thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    anyone? ^^^

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell,
    Feedback Score
    Cboy, hey, I've got 3g up and running perfectly fine on my g1 with Cincinnati Bell.
    The MMS, however, I'm still working on...
    Here's how I went about getting the 3g to work, because for about an hour when I first got the phone I was stuck on Edge.
    First, I deleted every single apn that was listed, then created a new apn.
    My settings are:

Un-check "use only 2g networks"
    Data roaming checked
    Name: CBW Web
    APN: wap.gocbw.com
    Proxy: 216.68.79.202
    Port: 80
    Username: cbw
    Password: (leave blank)
    Server: 216.68.79.199
    (not listing mms because it isn't working)
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 420
    APN Type: default

Then, I turned Airplane Mode on, waited about 20 seconds or so, then turned it off. It got 3g for a few seconds, then no connection at all.
    Powered off the G1 with the power button, then powered it back on - bam, 3g ALL the time.
    And I'm getting right around 1.8-2.0Mbps downstream. It's suprisingly fast as **** for what it is.

I'll let you know if I get the mms working, I saw your posts on xda, also.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the 3g is almost completely rolled out. I'm in Dayton, and I've got 3g coverage all over the place.

Not that it matters any, but I'm a Cincinnati Bell dealer, also.

Edit 2: Also, it doesn't matter if you're using a 2g or 3g sim card, either. I've used my 3g sim card and my sister's 2g card and gotten 3g signal/speed on both.

Hope this helps out for ya'.
    SonyEricsson Xperia X1i:
    -SIM Unlocked
    -HardSPL 0.72 OliNex
    -Touch-IT 5.061

HTC Magic:
    -completely stock

HTC G1:
    -SIM Unlocked
    -JF 1.52
    -ADP 1.1
    -Engineering BL
    -Modified spl

HTC Touch Pro:
    -hardSPL/unlocked
    -Mighty Rom 5 wm 6.5

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    didn't work for me . i DID delete all the APN's and no wust have "CBW Web" one.

I'll read to you my settings in case I followed one of yours wrong. Also can you add the MMS part of yours just in case that makes a difference? Would 3g still not be rolled out in Cincinnati? If my brothers Nokia 3555 says 3g, then should my phone? Or would that be referring to voice or something. I really want this to work.

Anyway here are MY settings.

Data roaming checked.
    Use only 2g networks unchecked.
    Operator selection is automatic.

Name : CBW Web
    APN : wap.gocbw.com
    Proxy : 216.68.79.202
    Port : 80
    Username : cbw
    Password :
    Server : 216.68.79.199
    MMSC :
    MMS proxy :
    MMS port :
    MCC : 310
    MNC : 420
    APN type : default

still only have edge...i'm living in Cincinnati (wyoming to be exact). do you think it's rolled out here yet? is there something wrong with this phone ?

any other ideas? and thanks for your help thus far.

UPDATE: not that it matters, but hwen you pull the white bar at the top down does it say Cinbell USA? mine does...just checking.

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cboy007
    do you think it's rolled out here yet? is there something wrong with this phone ?

any other ideas? and thanks for your help thus far.

UPDATE: not that it matters, but hwen you pull the white bar at the top down does it say Cinbell USA? mine does...just checking.

I'm not sure of any of the rollout dates...they really don't talk much about 3g at ALL, for some reason.
    And yeah, I was actually gonna' ask you that, too... Mine does say CinBell USA all of the time.
    I was thinking at first that was why it was 3g, because I've never seen it say that before...kinda' weird.

I dunno, if I figure anything out, or figure anything out about the mms I'll let you know.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ok good plan. for the time being i'll just assume my phone isn't broken and that 3g simply hasn't been rolled out yet...

yeah the cinbell usa thing is what its supposed to say when roaming so they really surprised me when i saw that and not cbw or something. i'm also surprised that cincinnati bell isn't having all of its commercials say "CINCINNATI BELL NOW HAS CINCINNATI'S BEST 3G NETWORK!"

but maybe they're waiting to fully roll it out.

also, i had SOME luck if i made a new apn and put in all the same settings and put "mms" for the apn type at the bottom. that + msesing around with the mms things got the E up/down lights to flash...whereas they didn't do anything before i added that new apn. i guess i'd start with that and see if you can figure anything out.

thanks and i'll let you know if/when i get 3g or figure mms out!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    ok try this for me. go into the dialer and do *#*#INFO#*#* (info is 4636).

that will open an app called testing...then go into phone information...scroll down...then can you tell me what your preferred network type is?

and if it says Ciphering ON?

basicallyy all that.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    sorry for the million posts. yeah my edge also SUCKS. and its really starting to piss me off. like in google maps if i open it it sometimes takes a minute to open one square. could this phone be broken? i'm the only one i know with cincinnati bell and unlimited internet so it sucks for testing purposes...i hope to god its not the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    more updates!

i rode with my family to lebanon today and on the way up i DID get 3g...in the middle of freaking nowhere. it was really fast though!

so i can't get 3g in cities...but can in the middle of nowhere. wow.

also, has anyone else experienced this: when i DONT have "use only 2g networks" checked, then i sometimes dont get even EDGE?

like i mean that if i have it "looking" for 3g networks, sometimes it just won't even connect to 2g EDGE. so then i have to check that in order for it to get 2g. its frustrating. also my phone gets "connection problems" on google maps quite often when on EDGE...and it doesn't load stuff...overall data on this phone seems extremely buggy .

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    sometimes its a pain to connect because the ip version is 6 instead of 4. that will cause you to almost never connect. i change it by going to my streaming settings for real player. like when im in real player options i go to advanced settings. i can change the gprs,edge,lan,umts bandwidth. dont know how you would do that with your g1. i cant wait until the 3g **** is out . will be much better speeds since i tether my n95 as a modem. its decent browsing speed on internet, but downloads max are only 17kb/s if not alot of ppl are on the network.

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    also. when i goto www.mobilespeedtest.com on my phone. it always comes out to between 6-6.5 mbps. theres no way. i wish

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast