Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    I cant believe cincinnati bell still has no 3g smart phones available. Speaking of limitless lameness, they just posted the availability of the Pantech Slate under PDA/Smartphones heading. They have a very strange sense of humor.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix (i907) Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cxoakes
    I cant believe cincinnati bell still has no 3g smart phones available. Speaking of limitless lameness, they just posted the availability of the Pantech Slate under PDA/Smartphones heading. They have a very strange sense of humor.
    This is June 2009. I want 3G.
    pm me if you have vitamin 3G.

EDIT:
    ps. I have prepaid account. They tell me my headset is not worthy.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, this is a joke that they are supposed to have 3G but don't have any devices that support it.

Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    They do have the Nokia 3555, 6263 and Sony Ericsson TM 506 that support 3G but no smart phones. (where people could actually get the fullest experience). Side note: I noticed they offer the HTC Diamond for business customers and they state it supports HSDPA. Nowhere in my searches have I seen it support the 1700 mhz frequency. False advertising unless somebody can explain it to me.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    cincinnati bell
    Feedback Score
    I think they made a horrible decision on selecting AWS for the bands for 3g... If i could get past the bundles that we have and cheep plans, i would switch in a heart beat.
    Recents:

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    cincinnati bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cxoakes
    They do have the Nokia 3555, 6263 and Sony Ericsson TM 506 that support 3G but no smart phones. (where people could actually get the fullest experience). Side note: I noticed they offer the HTC Diamond for business customers and they state it supports HSDPA. Nowhere in my searches have I seen it support the 1700 mhz frequency. False advertising unless somebody can explain it to me.
    I like how on there other 3g phones, they don't advertise it's 3g..

Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    I've got a 3 year old Nokia 6126: how long do I have to wait to upgrade to 3g (on a smartphone). This is almost criminal.

Device(s)
    Nexus One (on Cincinnati Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Or you could be smart (like me) and get a T-Mobile G1 unlocked and use it with Cincinnati Bell's 3g .

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    My wife's Samsung T636 works in Cincinnati with 3G with no problems. Right now, however we're on vacation in Los Angeles and there's only EDGE. Talked to a friend that has an unlocked G1 on CBW and he's been in other cities that should have 3G but he's EDGE only as well.

My Touch Diamond EDGE speed also is s...l...o...w... out here.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdo77
    My wife's Samsung T636 works in Cincinnati with 3G with no problems. Right now, however we're on vacation in Los Angeles and there's only EDGE. Talked to a friend that has an unlocked G1 on CBW and he's been in other cities that should have 3G but he's EDGE only as well.

My Touch Diamond EDGE speed also is s...l...o...w... out here.
    That would be because 3g roaming is not available. You will only be able to use 3G on Cincinnati Bell's native network. You will be using EDGE or GPRS when you roam on another carrier's network.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcats913
    That would be because 3g roaming is not available. You will only be able to use 3G on Cincinnati Bell's native network. You will be using EDGE or GPRS when you roam on another carrier's network.
    I wonder what explains the really slow (or non-existent at times) EDGE connections. For example when at the LA airport coming back it just creeped along. Shut off phone when on plane and turned it back on in Cincy and it was as zippy as it ever was. Had the same problem on both of our phones and it happens wherever we happen to roam -- LA, Chicago, Cleveland, etc.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    I experienced similar problems when I was roaming. I was recently on vacation in Georgia and also Florida. Along the drive and while on vacation, I had crappy signal. I never had any trouble with the phone signal, even though I didnt make too many calls, but EDGE was rarely normal. My browser would often time out or it would be ridiculously slow. I thought it was just a problem with the network that I was roaming on but it sounds like it could be a Cincy Bell roaming problem.

Feedback Score
    I have a Nokia 5800 with Cincinnnati Bell. Well I have the 3G Blue Sim card. I'm roaming on AT&T's networks down in North Carolina as I'm in the Army. How can you make it work on 3G down here? Any help is appreciated.

Device(s)
    Nexus One (on Cincinnati Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney3265
    I have a Nokia 5800 with Cincinnnati Bell. Well I have the 3G Blue Sim card. I'm roaming on AT&T's networks down in North Carolina as I'm in the Army. How can you make it work on 3G down here? Any help is appreciated.
    Sorry, but 3g with cincinnati bell doesn't work while roaming...basically cincinati bell's 3g and AT&T's 3g are on two different frequencies so while roaming it's impossible to get 3g.

Device(s)
    Nokia 3555
    Carrier(s)
    CinBell
    Feedback Score
    ^^ The 5800 works on ATT 3G bands (the 850/1900) so how is it possible to get 3G on the 5800 while outside of CinBell's network? Basically, it should be able to use ATT's 3G but I know right now it doesn't for me. If it could get 3G while outside of Cinci it would be awesome as it's just too slow with EDGE. I've messed with setting up new internet APNs as well as a WAP APN using some of the settings I've seen in this thread but no luck yet. Not sure what I need to do. If you go into adding a new APN, it has 4 options: Wireless LAN (wifi), packet data, high speed (GSM), and data call. Which of these might help to get it to work? The high speed wants me to enter in a dial-up number so I'm not sure what to do really.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast