Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

Device(s)
    iPhone 1st Gen 4GB
    Feedback Score

Halifax Cincinnati Bell 3G Question

does anyone know when Cincinnati Bell gets 3G??? I was looking at my phone today (nokia 6263) and noticed it says 3G on it now where the signal bars are...
    On and on reckless abandon.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i think you just answered your own question... do you have a internet package on your plan? and what pulls up in a manual network search?

Device(s)
    iPhone 1st Gen 4GB
    Feedback Score
    i have the unlimited text and web feature...and i can select UMTS (which brings up 3g icon) or GSM which is what it normally is....

when i connect to the internet when it says "3g" instead of a E icon with a square around it, there is now a G with a square around it....and it seems slower.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The G is what is on my phone but that is because i have only GPRS and not edge here with T-mobile. from what i understand it reverts to that to show ACTIVE data connection and the 3G replacing the signal bars shows that you are actively connected to the UMTS network. you should now be able to have active voice and data simultaneously and point your browser to www.dslreports.com/mspeed and let us know what your speed test yeilds. try and be in a good coverage area when conducting this test

Device(s)
    iPhone 1st Gen 4GB
    Feedback Score
    665kbit/sec...
    12.414s d/l time...

I had it on the 1MB test, using Opera Mini.

I have the 3g icon next to my signal bars...but the G with the square around it is showing...again, like i said...normally it shows a E

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    dont use opera mini, as that will do an inaccurate test due to opera mini being proxied in norway

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

3G @ Cincinnati Bell

I kinda know someone who works for CBW. He said it's being slowly turned on for select customers. It was supposed to be announced in mid-October, but that's just how CBW rolls.

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    i got told that some 3g towers are up but it wont b til q1 2009 until it has full area coverage

Feedback Score
    Cincinnati Market 3G Towers are all 'live'. About 200 sites currently have 3G (mostly Cincinnati, N Ky and a few north of 275. Only roughly 50 handsets (as of early October) were activated so that they could use the 3G for testing purposes.

They have been selling a 3G compatible handset for a few months now, and those were supposed to be turned up randomly by October/November. Spectrum clearing by the DOJ and DOD have slowed things down and I am not sure when they are currently set to launch fully.

Hope they get it launched soon, I can't wait to tether my laptop on the 3G network.

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    Hope they get it launched soon, I can't wait to tether my laptop on the 3G network
    exactly what my plan was

Device(s)
    Nexus One (on Cincinnati Bell)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    hey guys i have a tmobile g1 unlocked running on cinci bell wireless...unlimited web and text plan...and i have a 3g SIM card. isn't the g1 supposed to be running on the same frequencies that cincinnati bell 3g is using? then why can't i get 3g (anywhere i go)?

is there some other setting i have to put in...i have EDGE up and running...but i'm not sure if i need to do something extra to get 3g.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    MMS also wont work...here are all the settings i have for the "CBW DATA" connection:

Name : Cincinnati Bell
    APN : wap.gocbw.com
    Proxy :
    Port :
    Username :
    Password :
    Server : 216.68.79.202
    MMSC : http://mms.gocbw.com:8088/mms
    MMS Proxy : 216.68.79.202
    MMS Port : 80
    MCC : 310
    MNC : 420
    APN Type : default

Any suggestions???

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    can u not read what i said? The 3g network is gonna be set up n 3 steps. Voice, text, then data, there isnt full coverage so hardly anyone has their 3g network right now. Dont matter what phone you got. As far as the mms thing. Use cbw mms and not cbw data. Should fix it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell Wireless
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the info. i'll be patient. however, the mms sending still isn't working after adding a new "CBW MMS" apn and setting the apn type to mms...and also if my brother's nokia 3555 shows 3g at the top then shouldn't mine as well if we are in the same place? even if it IS only voice? or is that different.

any suggestions on getting mms to work?

Device(s)
    Nokia n95-3
    Carrier(s)
    Cincinnati Bell
    Feedback Score
    there should be a cbw mms apn already made. try to get the settings from cbw's website

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast