Thread: Can I use Net10 on a non-Net10 phone?

Feedback Score

Can I use Net10 on a non-Net10 phone?

I'm new to this forum so if you could avoid mocking me for n00bisms that'd be great.

What I want to know is there any way to load the Net10 software on an unlocked phone. I like their prepaid rates of only 10 cents a minute and I'm pretty over paying $50 a month for a phone I only occasionally use. However, Net10 only offers some limited, lower costs phones. I'm really looking to preserve my Motorola L71 so I can keep my bluetooth and mp3 playback capabilities, but like I stated earlier I don't want to pay AT&T any more.

Any ideas or links would be appreciated.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score

Can I use Net10 on a non-Net10 phone?

No. Google for "Red Pocket." ATT-based. 10-cents a minute. $100 for 1000 minutes and a year.
    Regards

Phone
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, Trackphone and Net10 use several different carriers-- some CDMA, some GSM. I suspect that if you get a Net10 phone that operates on the GSM network, you can put the SIM in your Motorola and use it without any major issues. You may need to unlock the phone depending on how the Net10 SIM is encoded.

An alternative would be to get a 7-Eleven Speakout phone (one in a blue box, or w/o PTT functionality) and use the SIM from that in your phone. Speakout runs on AT&Ts network, and I have put Speakout SIMs in locked AT&T phones without any issues.

Speakout is the best if you have very low usage. $15 for 100 minutes, good for a year.

Jim

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone and Net10 phones are locked to those carriers. Once turned on the SIM is locked to the phone and can not be used in another phone even another Trac or Net10. SIMs are not interchangeable with other carriers.
    You can not use the phones on other networks or use other network SIM's in those phones.