Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pwnage not Working on new Aluminum Macbook!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular(#1) Verizon(crap) Tmobile(#2)
    Feedback Score

Pwnage not Working on new Aluminum Macbook!!

So I never had a problem unlocking my iPhone using my white macbook but since I got my new aluminum macbook Pwnage just wont work. iTunes will not recognize my iPhone when in dfu so I can restore it. When I connect my iPhone to iTunes in DFU mode it does not give me an option to restore. I tried using my old white macbook again and it works fine, both macbooks are running the same version of leopard & itunes. Any suggestions?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Maybe a security patch on your new macbook, or maybe the file downloaded incorrectly
    Mopar ftw!!! NYLX

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pryncearif
    Maybe a security patch on your new macbook, or maybe the file downloaded incorrectly
    What file do you mean "downloaded incorrectly"? I have tried 2 different 2G iPhones and no dice. Could it possibly be hardware related? What do you mean by a security patch, since both macbooks are running the same software and version of itunes shouldnt the white macbook be affected?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700, 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    try quickpwn i used to use pwnage, but i find quickpwn to be much simpler and its basically 1 step and its done.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeL
    What file do you mean "downloaded incorrectly"? I have tried 2 different 2G iPhones and no dice. Could it possibly be hardware related? What do you mean by a security patch, since both macbooks are running the same software and version of itunes shouldnt the white macbook be affected?
    Maybe the new macbook has a security patch that the old one doesn't have. I have downloaded quickpwn to unlock a friends phone and the firmware didnt work so i re-downloaded quickpwn and i rebuilt the firmware and it worked. You might want to try re-installing itunes on the new macbook, re-installing itunes has helped people before

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pryncearif
    Maybe the new macbook has a security patch that the old one doesn't have. I have downloaded quickpwn to unlock a friends phone and the firmware didnt work so i re-downloaded quickpwn and i rebuilt the firmware and it worked. You might want to try re-installing itunes on the new macbook, re-installing itunes has helped people before
    But isn't a patch built into the software so shouldnt my old white macbook running the same exact software be affected too?

I've been trying reinstaling itunes and using other versions even. Maybe im not removing al the necessary files before I reinstall?

I think I tried reinstalling pwnage once. I will try that again.
    Edit. It seems like it has something to do with itunes though since the pwnage process appears to work fine but iTunes just cannot recognize the iPhone when in dfu mode.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try re-downloading pwnage if re-installing dosent help. Maybe its a updated patch that that you yourself have done on the new macbook, because there are always updates for things on the macbook, but now i doubt that the problem your having is due to a security patch

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm realizing pwnage itself is not the problem. It is just iTunes will not allow me to restore when I put the iPhone in DFU Mode. Weird?

Device(s)
    landline
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    quickpwn...do a regular restore with unmodified firmware...then use quickpwn to jailbrake after

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyniKal.Mindset
    quickpwn...do a regular restore with unmodified firmware...then use quickpwn to jailbrake after
    Well that would mean I have to install windows XP and everything. I was really hoping I could just use the new macbook with OSX to unlock my iPhone like I did with my old white macbook.

Device(s)
    iphone 2.5G (BL3.9) v3.1.2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a Alu MacBook and Pwnage worked just fine. My phone was pwned before so I just did a restore of the custom firmware. Did not place phone in DFU mode, just did straight restore.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Jailbroke my 3g with Pwnage on my MBP. Everything worked fine.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stankfsh
    Jailbroke my 3g with Pwnage on my MBP. Everything worked fine.
    Were you able to put it in DFU Mode and restore with iTunes? Were you using the new MBP that came out last thurs?

Device(s)
    BugMeNot
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus
    Feedback Score
    I think you shouldn't use an Aluminum Macbook. Try a plastic one see if that helps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4[S]
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMN1tches
    I think you shouldn't use an Aluminum Macbook. Try a plastic one see if that helps.
    No joke the new new aluminum one might have added security features. Has anyone been able to restore thru iTunes when in DFU mode using the new macbook?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast