Thread: I can't get BitPim to find my Lg 8550!

Phone
    LG 8550
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score

I can't get BitPim to find my Lg 8550!

I've tried the Phone Wizard, and read the Help files, but BitPim still can't detect my phone!

Phone
    Lg 8550 Chocolate Spin
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    I am a TELUS user, I have an LG chocolate 8550 spin
    Here’s what I did to correct the “Failed to auto-detect the port in use. I couldn’t detect any candidate ports” error in BitPim…

1) Installed BitPim (duh)
    2) Received bane-of-my-existence error message “Failed to auto-detect the port in use. I couldn’t detect any candidate ports” when trying to open the FileSystem folder
    3) download and install the LG USB Modem Driver (.exe file) for the 8550 at http://www.radarsync.com/driver/d225...cdma_usb_modem
    4) download and install the LG USB Modem Driver PATCH (.msi file) at:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/80091560..._24_0.zip.html
    5) Plug USB cord into computer, plug into phone (not sure if this matters)
    6) don’t press anything on phone
    7) Window will pop up: “Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard”, I selected “Yes, this time only”, hit next, window says “this wizard helps you install software for “LGE CDMA USB Modem”, click “Install the software automatically (Recommended)”, hit “next”, the wizard searches for awhile, a window pops up …something about windows logo recognition, just click “continue anyways” when it asks you
    8) then VOILA! the window will read: “Competing the Found new hardware wizardd. The wizard has finished installing the software for LGE CDMA USB Modem” CLICK FINISH
    9) then a speech bubble from the system tray@ bottom right of screen says: “found new hardware, your new hardware is ready to use…”(or says something like that)
    10) Open BitPim ( I was using version 1.0.5 btw)
    11) When BitPim opens, a box opens and says: “Fond other CDMA phone on COM4″, click OK
    12) Click Filesystem on the leftmost side, then on the folder with the backslash in the middle pane and yaaaaaaaay, it works!!! (HOPEFULLY for you too!)
    13) stick in your mp3’s in brew/shared/ringtone
    14) close bitpim, restart phone to recognize new ringtonw (must do this)
    15) ps,…on my second try, I repeated the thing with the hardware wizard and will try in a bit to transfer a ringtone after pressing cancel when i plug the phone in and the hardware-wizard window pops up
    Hope It Helps Worked For Me

Edit 1: Follow Steps 1-12 The Rest Is If Your Making MP3 Ringtones

Phone
    LG 8550
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Steps one and two work, but then it doesn't. I downloaded both of the files, but only the second one installs, while the first just opens and closes with no text when it's executed. Also, when I connected the USB, it didn't say "New Found Hardware" anywhere. Are you using Windows XP?

Phone
    Lg 8550 Chocolate Spin
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm Using Vista But The Person That Wrote Those Steps Was Using Xp