Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: DEFINITIVE: T-Mobile $5.99 T-Mobile Web "TZones" works with G1

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shawndh
    Really! Where can you find that on their site? Never knew that.
    http://tmobileuspublic.wdsglobal.com/

It doesn't have the G1 in there but it does just about every other phone.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by almeaniemoe
    Question: I just spoke with a customer Rep and he said that in order to utilize the phone, you have to have one of the data plans on it. Is that true?, I was thinking to get the data plan "as required" and activate my phone than cancel the internet.
    I just need the phone for outgoing calls and text
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro01
    For the last time THIS WILL NOT WORK GOING INTO THE FUTURE!!!! If you have the G1 and are using it, the system knows so, and it's tmobiles intention to automatically attach the G1 data plan of at least 24.99 for using it, ala iPhone.... Do what you will now but.... Besides why on earth would anyone want to get the G1 without the data in the first place? Just to call and text, the G1??? What a waist of money...

Jeff
    Currently, you can use the G1 for outgoing and incoming calls and texts all you want without a data plan. It's as simple as that. I did not have data on my phone and I was able to activate and use the G1 perfectly right out of the box. You have to sign up for the data plan if you order it through T-Mobile, but you do not need it for calls and texts on the phone, and all other functions can still be used through wifi just as they would through 3G or EDGE, but faster obviously.

Nobody can say for sure whether or not this will work going into the future. I know personally, T-Mobile has nothing in the contract that states if you have a G1 you have to have a data plan, so while I do understand that T-Mobile has the ability to see what phone I am using, I do not believe that they can add a data plan to my line just based on the fact that my IMEI is connected to the G1. I also see absolutely no reason to believe that T-Mobile will stop allowing the G1 to be used if you do not have a data plan, so if that is your intention, then I would not do something else out of fear of this. As far as the usefulness of the G1, I will leave that up to you. It is an incredible phone to use connected to the internet, and I do somewhat miss being able to use all of the features that I would have if I paid for the Total Internet, but I am almost always around a wifi connection, I have unlimited text messaging with a family plan, and browsing the internet while away from wifi is good enough for me because I can still check my email and get directions if I need them. I never use Youtube anyway, and downloading Market Place apps while away from a wifi connection would be slow and unnecessary in my case.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mZimm
    Currently, you can use the G1 for outgoing and incoming calls and texts all you want without a data plan. It's as simple as that. I did not have data on my phone and I was able to activate and use the G1 perfectly right out of the box. You have to sign up for the data plan if you order it through T-Mobile, but you do not need it for calls and texts on the phone, and all other functions can still be used through wifi just as they would through 3G or EDGE, but faster obviously.

Nobody can say for sure whether or not this will work going into the future. I know personally, T-Mobile has nothing in the contract that states if you have a G1 you have to have a data plan, so while I do understand that T-Mobile has the ability to see what phone I am using, I do not believe that they can add a data plan to my line just based on the fact that my IMEI is connected to the G1. I also see absolutely no reason to believe that T-Mobile will stop allowing the G1 to be used if you do not have a data plan, so if that is your intention, then I would not do something else out of fear of this. As far as the usefulness of the G1, I will leave that up to you. It is an incredible phone to use connected to the internet, and I do somewhat miss being able to use all of the features that I would have if I paid for the Total Internet, but I am almost always around a wifi connection, I have unlimited text messaging with a family plan, and browsing the internet while away from wifi is good enough for me because I can still check my email and get directions if I need them. I never use Youtube anyway, and downloading Market Place apps while away from a wifi connection would be slow and unnecessary in my case.
    Apparently you didn't read my post very well so I will say it again. T-Mobile WILL be auto-attaching the G1 data plan to ANY line of service that is using a G1 without the proper data plan. I suppose you can choose to ignore what i'm saying but if i were you I would think twice.... Furthermore, can tmobile just add a feature without your consent? Technically, yes. Will they do it that way? From what I am hearing probably not, all accounts\lines will get a notice either in their bill (so it would be generic going to every customer) or an account specific separate letter with a 30-day warning\grace period on it. Either way....

Jeff
    HoFo Feedback

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Apparently you didn't read my post very well so I will say it again. T-Mobile WILL be auto-attaching the G1 data plan to ANY line of service that is using a G1 without the proper data plan. I suppose you can choose to ignore what i'm saying but if i were you I would think twice.... Furthermore, can tmobile just add a feature without your consent? Technically, yes. Will they do it that way? From what I am hearing probably not, all accounts\lines will get a notice either in their bill (so it would be generic going to every customer) or an account specific separate letter with a 30-day warning\grace period on it. Either way....

Jeff
    I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but until I get a statement or a fee on my bill, I'll stick with the T-Zones hack. I don't understand the point of forcing users to have data, it doesn't make sense to me. I could understand if they closed the T-Zones hack, but forcing me to add another data plan is pretty pointless. It is a service, it should be an option. Why would it matter to them if I use the G1 with or without data? I could switch to another phone, they wouldn't care.

Do you work for T-Mobile or are you just hearing this through sources that claim that this is going to happen? Sources have been claiming the T-Zones hack will be shut down for years.

Device(s)
    Dash 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've been using the $5.99 plan with the epc.tmobile.com APN (no proxy) since I got the G1 on the 22nd (and on my Dash before that). Today the internet and market went down so I checked my account. They removed the $5.99 plan, but didn't add anything in it's place.

I changed my phone and added the $5.99 plan back on. I'm now waiting for the changes to be made to see if it works again. I'm going to use it as long as I can. After that, I'll go to the Total Internet plan. I'm not going to pay an extra $5 bucks for messaging when I already have unlimited on my family plan.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mZimm
    Do you work for T-Mobile or are you just hearing this through sources that claim that this is going to happen? Sources have been claiming the T-Zones hack will be shut down for years.
    Why fight the inevitable? I woke up this morning with No Plan and No 3G. T-Mobile "forgot" to auto-switch a lot of folk to the plan they requested when the preordered the G1 and the 7 day free internet was over for me.

The T-Zone hack is no more. For those still using it - Enjoy while you can.
    United States of America 1776 - 2001 RIP

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronb532
    I've been using the $5.99 plan with the epc.tmobile.com APN (no proxy) since I got the G1 on the 22nd (and on my Dash before that). Today the internet and market went down so I checked my account. They removed the $5.99 plan, but didn't add anything in it's place.

I changed my phone and added the $5.99 plan back on. I'm now waiting for the changes to be made to see if it works again. I'm going to use it as long as I can. After that, I'll go to the Total Internet plan. I'm not going to pay an extra $5 bucks for messaging when I already have unlimited on my family plan.
    Good luck with that...T-mobile is phasing out both the $5.99 and $20 Total internet out next month.

I'm sticking to my s60. This killed the G1 off for me.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6SPlus (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon. T-Mobile 1999-2009, RIP.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronb532

Same thing here on my wife's account.

Her 14.99 messaging plus 5.99 tmoweb were removed, but the g1 data was NOT added on.

Feedback Score
    well im on the $40 unlimited everythign plan (5000 minutes damn near unlimited) and unlimited text, and internet.... so i guess i dont care, my g1 works fine...

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ~W~
    well im on the $40 unlimited everythign plan (5000 minutes damn near unlimited) and unlimited text, and internet.... so i guess i dont care, my g1 works fine...
    Well this isn't a t-mobile consumer plan.......thats for sure....$39.99 only got you 1,000 mins and unlimited N/Ws

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    Well this isn't a t-mobile consumer plan.......thats for sure....$39.99 only got you 1,000 mins and unlimited N/Ws
    Actually there is a catch, you must get a new number every month. Since I forward all my calls, this isn't much of an issue. Having unlimited internet, unlimted text, and call... i can care less about that issue. no tax too...

Device(s)
    Dash 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually there is a catch, you must get a new number every month. Since I forward all my calls, this isn't much of an issue. Having unlimited internet, unlimted text, and call... i can care less about that issue. no tax too...
    Would you care if you knew someone else is getting scammed to get you that great deal?

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...4&postcount=11
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311351

Basically, the guy you buy those cards from is probably using other dealers codes to activate them. That other dealer now has to pay for the activation that he should be charging YOU!

Sorry, someone always gets hurt when the deal is to good to be true.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Ah you just buy your flex sims off of ebay or craigslist, and use grandcentral or something....yeah thats coming to an end soon too buddy.......

Device(s)
    HTC G1, Nokia 5610 XpressMusic, Samsung SGH-X475, Nokia 5300, Samsung Blast, HTC Dash S620,SideKick
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Jeff

how is it possible for t-mobile to change something in your 2 yr contract w/o your consent. isn't that illegal? what happens if they were to change your contract w/o your consent and some one who has another low end phone they use often (i.e. like maybe they work in a hazardous environment and do not wish any harm or damage to come to their nice new G1) for work or some other reason, then that other low end phone doesn't support any of the upper tier Internet packages. then your paying for something your not using. Also believe it or not there are people out there that do buy nice high end phones that don't care about utilizing the phones complete ability, but marketing is a force to be reckon with and governs what people buy, look how the iphone turned out. heck my dad and mom who are over 50 years old both bought the iphone (they have at&t) and they didn't even have internet at all or care for it but they bought the name. so what happens to people who just want the phone and don't care about data. every phone company has at least one carrier specific phone that is the major draw to drum up business. so is t-mobile viewing this like either you do what we say or you can leave and take your business to another carrier.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash (about to resell)
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keepzero
    so what happens to people who just want the phone and don't care about data. every phone company has at least one carrier specific phone that is the major draw to drum up business. so is t-mobile viewing this like either you do what we say or you can leave and take your business to another carrier.
    Then they bought the wrong phone and should have done their homework first. I would argue that if you buy a T-mo branded phone from anyone but T-mo, you suffer the consequences of not getting the proper information up front. Many people have bought the G1 in hopes that it would still work with T-zones or no internet at all, but the information was easily available that it would require a $25 or $35 data plan.

This is coming back to the fact that many of us warned users that this was coming. Most of those users were cocky and thought they'd roll the dice and they'd come up winners. Well...look what's happened.

Suckers might find sympathy from suckers, but the bottom line is that most of the people here that really researched and understood what was going on have said for the past couple weeks that these data plans were required. People chose to ignore that and now look at em. They ordered $200-400 phones in hopes of having cheap data or no data and now stuck with a Brick until they decide if they wanna cough up the $25/month.

So...how's that T-zones working now?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast