Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: DEFINITIVE: T-Mobile $5.99 T-Mobile Web "TZones" works with G1

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US, UK),
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mnkyboy
    I think it[']s a joke for someone to want the G1 and not want a data plan. That[']s like someone buying a Corvette and never driving over 55 MPH.
    Not exactly. It's more like buying a Corvette to drive at 35 on city streets (2G) and having a race track (WiFi) at home in the south 40, where you can max it out whenever you like.

Device(s)
    Xda Orbit
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    my cheap ride with the G1 ended today. i checked my tmobile page due to the discussion about tmobile automatically detecting your phone and adding the data plan automatically. sure enough, they recognized the G1 and smacked on the $35 plan for me.

this G1 is being tossed on craigslist and i'm back to an unlocked tilt now. $35/month...whatever

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ^^Um... then why did you buy one in the first place? This is not something was unknown at time of purchase? Did you honestly expect tmobile to give you a free pass???

What is wrong with people? Like or hate the G1, you WILL HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO ONE OF THE G1 DATA PLANS!!!

Jeff
    HoFo Feedback

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro01
    ^^Um... then why did you buy one in the first place? This is not something was unknown at time of purchase? Did you honestly expect tmobile to give you a free pass???

What is wrong with people? Like or hate the G1, you WILL HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO ONE OF THE G1 DATA PLANS!!!

Jeff

It’s not like t-mobile to randomly switch out data plan, people having been using <$6 internet plans with their smartphones for a while. The g1 changed things out for everyone.

That said, I speculated this would happen, and it prevented me from getting the G1. Now, if they start a similar implementation with the Samsung t919 (a basic phone), I am going to be upset.

If thats the case i will just wait out for an unlocked Nokia 5800......yeah no 3G, but its not working in at my location anyway

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For the record, my T-Zones hack is still working perfectly fine and my.tmobile still shows it as on my plan even though it auto detected that I am using a G1. I still do not believe that T-Mobile can force me to use the $25 a month data when I never signed any contract with them that would allow them to do so. I purchased the phone unsubsidized. I'll be sure to update if anything happens, however.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mZimm
    For the record, my T-Zones hack is still working perfectly fine and my.tmobile still shows it as on my plan even though it auto detected that I am using a G1. I still do not believe that T-Mobile can force me to use the $25 a month data when I never signed any contract with them that would allow them to do so. I purchased the phone unsubsidized. I'll be sure to update if anything happens, however.
    For the 100th time so far....

1. You will be forced on to the G1 data plan at some point in the near future
    2. Tmobile most certainly can do so, the t&c's that go along with the G1 clearly state that you are required to have one of the G1 data plans to use the device.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp??? Tmobile can force you to do anything they want with the G1, it's specifically how they set it up.

Jeff

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash (about to resell)
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    For the 100th time so far....

1. You will be forced on to the G1 data plan at some point in the near future
    2. Tmobile most certainly can do so, the t&c's that go along with the G1 clearly state that you are required to have one of the G1 data plans to use the device.

Why is this so hard for people to grasp??? Tmobile can force you to do anything they want with the G1, it's specifically how they set it up.

Jeff

Doesn't mean he'll be forced in to it Just means the phone may be a brick sooner or later. Mine lost data usage with the $19.99 plan for half a day...I was distraught....i felt like I had samsung beat or something. Hell actually, I couldn't even receive phone calls.

I really don't care that they force it, but I do think they should prevent $5.99 from using G1 data services. That plan should only work on standard (non smartphone) devices.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    He will at some point... Tmobile is intentionally going the way of the iPhone with this one. At&t was able to get away with it so now the precedence is set for other carriers, verizon has now announced they are doing away with PAYG data..... Soon everything will be device specific, and all devices will have some sort of data plan requirement... Sad but true...

Jeff

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Dash (about to resell)
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not all devices. Just data savvy devices. But again, why get a data savvy device and then not want data? I can understand wanting cheap data. I don't agree with people who want something for nothing, but I understand.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    He will at some point... Tmobile is intentionally going the way of the iPhone with this one. At&t was able to get away with it so now the precedence is set for other carriers, verizon has now announced they are doing away with PAYG data..... Soon everything will be device specific, and all devices will have some sort of data plan requirement... Sad but true...

Jeff

I can understand why the big 3 would implement this since their 3G systems have matured. T-mobile just switched on their 3G system less than two months ago, and now they are trying to force everyone to pay more, even though most users still fall in EDGE zones.

Device(s)
    Tmobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Im sorry but i couldn't help reply back to jeff's rant about how tmobile will force a data plan on your g1 phone.. I'm sorry but it's just not true.. sorry jeff haha... Like.. lets put it this way.. I bought the g1 for 179.99 with the data plan and took off the data plan. As simple as that. I also asked if tmobile can force data plans onto us. They pretty much said "uhh no". Literally like that. All they said was that its recommended to put a data plan on the phone because its a data phone. Again, RECOMMENDED not required. They also said that the g1 won't function properly without a data plan.. uhh thats where their wrong.. Voice, sms, wifi, all regular functions work out.. It's just their way of saying, "Please, we need your money, we just couldn't help hiding this information from you.." Yeah so there you have, they can't force a data plan on your phone. Kinda silly

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runkpock3r
    Im sorry but i couldn't help reply back to jeff's rant about how tmobile will force a data plan on your g1 phone.. I'm sorry but it's just not true.. sorry jeff haha... Like.. lets put it this way.. I bought the g1 for 179.99 with the data plan and took off the data plan. As simple as that. I also asked if tmobile can force data plans onto us. They pretty much said "uhh no". Literally like that. All they said was that its recommended to put a data plan on the phone because its a data phone. Again, RECOMMENDED not required. They also said that the g1 won't function properly without a data plan.. uhh thats where their wrong.. Voice, sms, wifi, all regular functions work out.. It's just their way of saying, "Please, we need your money, we just couldn't help hiding this information from you.." Yeah so there you have, they can't force a data plan on your phone. Kinda silly
    You are 100% right. If you buy a unsubsidized G1 they can't "force" a data plan on you. That's just ridiculous..think about it. Now if you buy one with a contract, that's a different story.

Device(s)
    Imate MDA
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well even with the iphones if you get them jailbroken you can use them on cingular/att's network with NO data plan, there has to be a way we can do that for the G1 too.
    [email protected] or im me on AIM:: eboy44
    OR msn- [email protected]

$My Pokets Stik Out Mo Den My Belly$

HOFO FEEDBACK! [+9] [-0]
    EBAY FEEDBACK! [+65] [-1]
    paypal verified!!!!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pts617
    You are 100% right. If you buy a unsubsidized G1 they can't "force" a data plan on you. That's just ridiculous..think about it. Now if you buy one with a contract, that's a different story.

Wow.... they most certainly can and WILL mark my words, sometime in Q1 09 this WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

Jeff

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runkpock3r
    You are so wrong you have no idea... Tmobile is prepping their back end systems to be able to autmatically for this data plan addition on ANY account who uses a G1 on it no matter where you got it from.

You can choose to not believe me, thats your right, and hey.... have at it.... But... Don't come crying and whining to the forum when Q1 09 comes around and you suddenly realize that I know something you dont....

Jeff

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast