Thread: No way to close out of programs [x]

Device(s)
    Jitterbug OneTouch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

No way to close out of programs [x]

So many programs in windows mobile don't have an exit on the menu, so I have to go into the task manager and exit out.

Is there a way to exit out of programs completely when they don't have the option to exit on the menu?

Device(s)
    Iphone 7plus 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AshtrayV3
    So many programs in windows mobile don't have an exit on the menu, so I have to go into the task manager and exit out.

Is there a way to exit out of programs completely when they don't have the option to exit on the menu?

huh? what programs dont have that? off the top of my head i cant think of anything

Device(s)
    32gb Stormtrooper
    Carrier(s)
    Deathstar
    Feedback Score
    I have a Mogul (6800) and the way I close out of programs is by using Smartskey. Great little program that you can customize for your liking. I currently have my "right soft key" set up so when I hold the button down it'll close the program. There is an exclusion list on the .ini file that will exclude set programs from being affected by this action.

xda-developers Smartskey

Freeware PocetPC Smartskey

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwnstyle21
    I have a Mogul (6800) and the way I close out of programs is by using Smartskey. Great little program that you can customize for your liking. I currently have my "right soft key" set up so when I hold the button down it'll close the program. There is an exclusion list on the .ini file that will exclude set programs from being affected by this action.

xda-developers Smartskey

Freeware PocetPC Smartskey
    I am a little bit confused. I am using a Treo Pro running WM 6.1, which has an option that I have selected which would close rather than minimize a program when the X "close" button is pushed, it assumably will close the program.

But it does not always seem to work. I am wondering whether it works only if you push the close button rather than the X key on the device, and the X key only minimizes.

Any similar experiences, and would Smartskey alleviate this problem?
    mobilelawyer
    at your service

Device(s)
    Iphone 7plus 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilelawyer
    I am a little bit confused. I am using a Treo Pro running WM 6.1, which has an option that I have selected which would close rather than minimize a program when the X "close" button is pushed, it assumably will close the program.

But it does not always seem to work. I am wondering whether it works only if you push the close button rather than the X key on the device, and the X key only minimizes.

Any similar experiences, and would Smartskey alleviate this problem?

it sounds as if u may have htc x button i am not sure if u dont. i would recommend installing it. thats the best way to close programs.

Device(s)
    BB 9650, Cing 3125, Treo 750, Moto E815
    Feedback Score
    Coming over from a Treo, corp IT tells me I'll have my Epix by Friday. On my WM6 Treo I ran a program called pBar, which gave me a pulldown taskmanager in the upper right of my today screen. vBar is also out there,

Device(s)
    Jitterbug OneTouch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I need an add on?

This has been my biggest gripe with windows mobile (or maybe its my htc phone?)

I'm using the XTRM rom

Device(s)
    Iphone 7plus 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    search for htc x button

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    doesn't the tilt have that built in, and you might have turned it off. Go to the task manager option in setting, and see if there is a button tab at the bottom, and if you do, you can just enable x button to end running programs feature.