Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Scriptures app??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Scriptures app??

    How do you get the actual Bible to be read on it? I have read all the instructions but when i try to download the file the phone says it does not support this type of file. Can anyone walk me through how to get the Scripture to work on the Scriptures app? I already have the app installed. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    999
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Download it from your PC, then copy it to the phone's memory card.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    294
    Phones
    T-Mobile MDA **KIA**
    T-Mobile G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I prayed and Jerry Falwell sent it to my phone with his magic. Then I got charged for it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    5th Floor - 1 Ravinia Way
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    T-Mobile Wing
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I cant get it to use the downloaded .db file. It says the file is invalid or corrupt or something along those lines.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    now there is an update to the app but it just crashes everytime i try to load it. i got the scriptures and LDS on there easy with the update but now if you try to load it, it crashes....*sigh*

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    5th Floor - 1 Ravinia Way
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    T-Mobile Wing
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andross77
    now there is an update to the app but it just crashes everytime i try to load it. i got the scriptures and LDS on there easy with the update but now if you try to load it, it crashes....*sigh*
    Mine too...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    now it seems to work perfectly. i didn't know the one download was the book of mormon. i kinda want to delete that but i think i found a way for it to only load the scriptures. then there is the problem it is KJVO. Dumb archaic version. Oh well, i'm sure someone will come out with a MUCH better Bible app. In the meantime i will get used to this Shakespearean script

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    5th Floor - 1 Ravinia Way
    Posts
    44
    Phone
    T-Mobile Wing
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andross77
    now it seems to work perfectly. i didn't know the one download was the book of mormon. i kinda want to delete that but i think i found a way for it to only load the scriptures. then there is the problem it is KJVO. Dumb archaic version. Oh well, i'm sure someone will come out with a MUCH better Bible app. In the meantime i will get used to this Shakespearean script
    I still cant get it to work...although I do get farther than before. I can download the KJV and then it opens with New/Old Testament...I then select a testament and then I get a list of the books. When I select a book, I get an error "The application Scriptures (process com.digitalbias.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

    Wish this darn thing worked!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    56
    Phones
    Motorola Cliq
    Tmobile G1
    Carrier
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier6303
    I still cant get it to work...although I do get farther than before. I can download the KJV and then it opens with New/Old Testament...I then select a testament and then I get a list of the books. When I select a book, I get an error "The application Scriptures (process com.digitalbias.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

    Wish this darn thing worked!
    i get the same error message at the same exact point.
    hope they fix it...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    449
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Pray to god.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    31
    Phones
    T-Mobile G1
    T-Mobile Dash
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Are you talking about CadreBible? The developer has it out for Android now. My husband's been in contact with him via e-mail since he's been trying it out on the Android emulator; the developer's been responsive and helpful.

    http://cadreworks.com/index.php?opti...&id=5&Itemid=2

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenwife
    Are you talking about CadreBible? The developer has it out for Android now. My husband's been in contact with him via e-mail since he's been trying it out on the Android emulator; the developer's been responsive and helpful.

    http://cadreworks.com/index.php?opti...&id=5&Itemid=2
    i tried getting cadrebible on my google phone but i can't figure out how to get the Android SDK up and running on my computer. i followed all the steps and it doesn't work for me. i wish they would just make an app i could download off the marketplace b/c their bible offering looks to be clearly superior to the 2 that are currently on the market place.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    782
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    i talked with a guy from CadreWorks and they are hoping to have an app on the market place in the next week or so. That would be amazing b/c their app looks great. We'll wait and see. I wish i was smart enough to DL it already on the SDK, but i'm not

Bookmarks