Thread: LG GLimmer music help..

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

LG GLimmer music help..

So anyway, I have an LG Glimmer and about 1000 songs i put on there. Does anyone else have it where theres a big fraction of the songs are not showed under artist, but when your under All Songs its under there, but it has a underscore before the song title and it doesnt play?

does anyone know how to fix this if they know what im talking about? BTW ive tried renaming all the files to just the song title but it still does it...

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    bump (yes its been 24 hrs)

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    bump again... this is annoying the crap out of me so thats why i want to find a fix so badly...

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know anything about this Glimmer, but typically these devices read the track tags, so you need check to see that the songs are properly tagged.

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well from what I'm seeing, they are probably tagged but idk i could be checking wrong. I'm just looking at what I have on iTunes and the files dont seem to be distorted at all..

Phones
    BB Storm (Personal)
    HTC Diamond (Work)
    Carrier
    Alltel/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not familiar with how iTunes views music files so I can't help you there but simply renaming the actual filename isn't going to help you. You have to make sure the ID3 tag is properly filled out. I've got a Glimmer and it doesn't have any issues sorting by Artist or All Songs. You can simply go to where the mp3 is through My Computer, right click on it, view the advance properties and you should see the different parts of the ID3 tag including track title, artist, album, etc. Just make sure the artist section has something in it and the Glimmer should sort it by that just fine.

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I bought a new LG Glimmer phone today. I replaced my Samsung Delve(which I bought a Kingston 2GB MicroSD chip for it). So I found out I could put the same chip in my LG Glimmer. So I did. I hadn't figured out how to put songs on my other phone in the fifteen days I'd had it, so the chip is blank. I pushed it into the Kingston usb it came with and then plugged that into the back of my tower. My computer reads that it has been plugged in and a file in Removable Disk(H) pops up titled SamsungMusic_key.txt . I click on it and it opens up with the window titled SamsungMusic_key.txt-Notepad. I think okay this should be pretty self explanatory. I was completely wrong. Perhaps I did some little thing that screwed it up. But anyway, I drag the songs from iTunes that I want and drop them into the notepad. A huge, huge code appears and I'm thinking um is that suppose to be there? I suppose it is. So I continue dragging and dropping. Once I've gotten all of the songs I want I take the usb out of my tower, take out the Kingston 2GB MicroSD chip and plug it back into my phone. I go into Music and click on Artist and it says Empty. I did this several different times, once or twice I clicked save and save as... from the file option at the top underneath the window title just to make sure it's saving. But I don't think it's really saving because when I close that window and click on SamsungMusic_key.txt again only five or six numbers come up and I'm just staring in awe because I'd just went threw maybe five hundred eighty songs and now I am realizing I have to go back threw them all!? I'm confused and frustrated at this point of having done this several times. To this point in time I am still unsure of what to do. Sorry, I know this probably wasn't what you were looking for, but I thought perhaps you or someone else might be able to help a little because at least you got some songs on there. If you have any answers email me at dearlyunbelovedalexxioa@hotmail.com thanks.
    -The Insane Asylum Princess(alyqkz)

Phones
    Palm Pre
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Moto ROKR Z6m
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Putting those files into the txt file in Notepad isn't going to do anything for you, as you've found out. You need to tell the Glimmer to format the card, then when you plug the card into your computer, there should be a music folder that you can drag and drop your songs into.
    If I say something stupid, I'm

Phone
    LG Glimmer
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well i think i found the answer to my problem. The glimmer only reads 4gb of data and i had about 6. So i took a bunch off until I had 3gb now only a few songs are like that.