Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tricks, Tips, Software, Updates, Gadgets for ATT FUZE

Feedback Score

Tricks, Tips, Software, Updates, Gadgets for ATT FUZE

Welcome... The Fuze is here and below are some of my initial feelings regarding the phone. Hopefully you guys can answer some question and provide feedback as well.

Got it... Had to argue with employees to find a store that would sell it to me.

Funny damn thing is this. They coud have inventoried them and then gave them to us but rather they, some of the ATT employee's, were being lazy so I just had to find a store that would sell it to me.

First impressions... Software complaints... Yes I want it all.

First off, where is the DAMN clock that is animated. Damn you ATT wtf would you get rid of this for. You are asking for mods when you do Shiz like that. Anyone know how to get this back and in general the black theme overall?

To that point, First 1B... Why can't we change the there period and if so how?

Second, Youtube, Where are you??? I can go to the site but the youtube application sure the hell doesn't work cause I can't even find it.

Third, The messaging feature is way cooller than the proprietary WM6.1 junk but what sux is that A. id doesn't collect all the messages for you from one person... and B. when you reply it just goes back to the native WM6.1 isn't there a way someone could get this to be the actuall text program???

Forth, Where the hell is the external camera button. I will first thing change the PTT to the camera button but what the heck would you get rid of this for?

Fifth, where is the damn program that cuts songs mid stream and allows you to have them as a ring tone???

Overall, This phone has lots of potential... Light years better than the Tilt or any other HTC device... Wish the screen was bigger and phone was flatter.

More review to come later.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The YouTube program is under the /Windows/ directory. Just copy the YouTube.lnk file over to your Start Menu, then you can launch it from there or add it to your Programs list in TF3D.

Great phone so far. But it's a fingerprint magnet :/

Feedback Score
    Here are two updates that are very important and the total commander for moble PC's is easy to use and FREE...

First, Get youtube where you need it and change your default web home page that doesn't even work. thanks XDA developers forum where I found this information...

added it to the Internet tab on my Fuze, just under the homepage button and above my favorites. (Where it is on all the European versions of the Touch Pro!)

The process isn't too difficult but you'll need a good file explorer like Total Commander and if you're not comfortable editing Read-Only TF3D files, then DON'T TRY THIS!!

You'll need to edit the InternetPortal-en-US.xml file located in the \Application Data\Manila\ folder, so it's probably a good idea to make a backup of the file before you start messing with it.

Find the <OperatorLinks> section in the file.

Between <OperatorLinks> and </OperatorLinks> add this text:

<Link
    Text="YouTube"
    Executable="\windows\youtube.exe"
    ImagePath="\Windows\HTC\Assets\Images\InternetPort al\youtube.qtc"
    />

Save the file and make it Read-Only again and you should have a YouTube icon on your Internet tab.

Yeah, you can change the default launch page in that file, too.

In the <Banner> section, edit the NavigateURL to whatever page you want it to open by default and change the Text to match.

e.g.

NavigateUrl="http://www.google.com/"
    Text="Google"

This second one is for the Windows Live Search where the GPS doesn't work.

In the Phone's settings, System Tab, Disable AGPS, go to External GPS, set the GPS program port to COM0.

Start up WLM, and your GPS will work perfectly

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A few things I noticed off the bat.

1) Internet Sharing has been disabled. When I go to connect I get an issue stating I have been disconnected by the provider.

2) If you play music via touch flo or WM and hit the power button once to power save mode the music stops. Looks like if you use headphones this works.

3) No way to reassign the PTT button to a program.

4) Can't really customize the touchflo
    Last edited by gdm; 11-12-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Feedback Score

More quick links to some good updates.

FM Radio: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427040

YouTube: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444310

PTT Button: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418771

MP3 Trimmer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444567

Disable Threaded Messaging: [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413562"]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413562

Feedback Score
    This is a really weird question but how do you edit posts?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone replaced the stock AT&T ROM with a cooked one from XDA? I am interested to see if the crippling has to do with software or hardware.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, 4.0.1, Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can you delete from the internet favorites the MEdia Net link? It seems burned in and won't let me delete it.
    Too many phones to pick from, not enough time to play with them.

Device(s)
    at&t Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    1. The PTT thing above is only working for disabeling the buttong, not reassigning...not yet anyway.

2. I would like for the bluetooth icon to not be at the top of the screen all the time with bluetooth is on. I was fine with the old WM phones that just had it in the phone screen.

3. Under bluetooth options, the Samsung EPIX has an option to play music through a MONO stereo...is there a hack for this on this phone?

4. The touch-flo 3d program allows you to circle your finger around the dpad circle while online and viewing emails/text to enlarge and make the text smaller. (In the literature, just found it on my own though.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons
    Can you delete from the internet favorites the MEdia Net link? It seems burned in and won't let me delete it.
    read the above post in large blue text. It is within the youtube information... You can reassign it.

Feedback Score
    Internet Sharing is disabled?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, 4.0.1, Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone succeeded in removing the startup animation?

Advanced Config didn't work for me even though the setting says it disabled it.

Feedback Score

Phone keeps connecting to media net???

I cant figure out how to disable it from auto connecting. Any suggestions???

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud
    Has anyone replaced the stock AT&T ROM with a cooked one from XDA? I am interested to see if the crippling has to do with software or hardware.
    I did today. It removes a lot of the AT&T crapware from the phone and increases memory. It also gets rid of that 3G animation and sound on startup. The phone doesn't hang as much as with the original AT&T ROM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hystyk28
    Internet Sharing is disabled?
    It isn't disabled, but forced to go over an internet proxy. We've recently fixed it on the Epix, probably the same method. It was in the Samsung thread in the main Howardforums list.

--------

I'm using the cooked ROM that was posted over at xda-devs. Nothing special. Someone just dumped the rom, deleted the AT&T garbage, and reverted it back into a flashable ROM.

Works well. Really saves a lot of space. Helps speed things along.

The Push-2-Talk button is listed in "SETTINGS > BUTTONS" but only as "HOLD".

On the Epix, we've had to edit the registry, delete the existing button setting, which would then allow one to edit the button from the Settings program.

Since there is NOT a normal single press Push2Talk button setting, we'd prolly have to add our own button. The registry keys are numbered. Since there is only 1 button, it shouldn't be that bad. It might not be that easy either.

-----

I'm trying to figure out a way to DISABLE/Reassign the Volume keys. I HATE them being linked to Volume because I ONLY use Vibrate. And with the keys on the side I'm always bumping it up or down changing the profile state to either "Quiet" or "Silent". Sucks.

AE Button Plus is a fabulous program. We initially used it to reassign the Volume keys on the Epix to Scroll Up/Down. Since then we've found a fix... which the fix may work on the Fuze, but I haven't tested it yet.

---

I also just found out that the power button will return the phone from wakeup. (I'm so stupid). I can't believe it JUST occurred to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast