Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tricks, Tips, Software, Updates, Gadgets for ATT FUZE

Feedback Score
    There is a way to remove almost all AT&T customisation.It will have clean WM 6.1 OS,no TouchFlo,no Opera.Opera can be added by running a cab located in Windows folder.I did not find TouchFlo that usefull,more look than substance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ropucha
    There is a way to remove almost all AT&T customisation.It will have clean WM 6.1 OS,no TouchFlo,no Opera.Opera can be added by running a cab located in Windows folder.I did not find TouchFlo that usefull,more look than substance.
    use it... when you get used to it you will want it.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    TouchFlo doesn't work as nice as using FTouchSL.

FTouchSL is much more responsive and also allows for hotspots and finger gestures to launch programs. It also has an exclusion list which allows it to play nicely with programs that are already finger friendly.

FTouchSL works great in Internet Explorer too (which I don't know if it is even in the ROM).

I think I'm gonna hard format mine and keep stop it from installing all that crap. Opera is ok, but eh. I like SkyFire... but it reduces to half my screen.

I think I might just uninstall the TouchFlo3D homescreen.

I wanna know how to remove that "Quick Launch" app from launching when I slide open the keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by player911
    I like SkyFire... but it reduces to half my screen.

That's because it's not currently compatible with VGA devices like the Touch Pro (Fuze) and Touch Diamond, the Tilt, which I had too, was a QVGA device. Oh it'll work, but you get the half a screen thing.

Device(s)
    AT&T FUZE (HTC Touch Pro)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there any way to view you tube on it???

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGGERPICKLE
    Is there any way to view you tube on it???
    There is an included You Tube application in the Windows directory. ATT removed the shortcut from Programs, but you can create it manually instead of always having to go to the Windows directory from File Explorer and running the .exe file.
    Jeff

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    There is an included You Tube application in the Windows directory. ATT removed the shortcut from Programs, but you can create it manually instead of always having to go to the Windows directory from File Explorer and running the .exe file.
    how can u do that????

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how can u do that????
    Use File Explorer on the Fuze. Go to the Windows directory and find the file YouTube.exe (it will only show up as YouTube in File Explorer, but it's the first YouTube file you come to, dated 9/12/08 and is 737K). Using the stylus, tap and hold the YouTube file until the menu pops up and select Copy. Then go to the Start Menu folder (still in the Windows folder) and tap that. Then open the Programs folder and scroll down to the end. Take your stylus and tap and hold the white space below the last file in the list (make sure not to highlight a file or you won't get the correct options) and a menu will appear. Select Paste shortcut and you are done. If you don't see that option, try taping and holding in a different spot. Just make sure it is a white space below the last file (on mine, the last file is Zip). Then you are done. If it named it something you don't like (like Shortcut to YouTube), just rename the shortcut using the tap and hold method, but this time highlight the YouTube shortcut file.

I hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    why does att say the fuze has quad band 1900/850/900/2100 when everywhere else it says its tri band 3G 1900/850/2100?

-- as REAL as it gets as REAL as can be and just keeping it REAL -- 4EVER
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Use File Explorer on the Fuze. Go to the Windows directory and find the file YouTube.exe (it will only show up as YouTube in File Explorer, but it's the first YouTube file you come to, dated 9/12/08 and is 737K). Using the stylus, tap and hold the YouTube file until the menu pops up and select Copy. Then go to the Start Menu folder (still in the Windows folder) and tap that. Then open the Programs folder and scroll down to the end. Take your stylus and tap and hold the white space below the last file in the list (make sure not to highlight a file or you won't get the correct options) and a menu will appear. Select Paste shortcut and you are done. If you don't see that option, try taping and holding in a different spot. Just make sure it is a white space below the last file (on mine, the last file is Zip). Then you are done. If it named it something you don't like (like Shortcut to YouTube), just rename the shortcut using the tap and hold method, but this time highlight the YouTube shortcut file.

I hope that helps.
    great write up! but how can u add it to the touch flo programs?? when i click the + symbol to add program for a shortcut, it doesnt list it as an option. ??

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    great write up! but how can u add it to the touch flo programs?? when i click the + symbol to add program for a shortcut, it doesnt list it as an option. ??
    I am not sure why it's not showing up. All the programs in the windows/start menu/programs should show up. Have you tried a soft reset? Mine is there, but I didn't have to create a shortcut since I didn't let the ATT Customization run (that allows YouTube to install).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how do i do that? and will i lose anything?

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    how do i do that? and will i lose anything?
    No, you only lose everything if you do a hard reset. A soft reset is like doing ctr-alt-delete on you desktop. Stick the tip of the stylus in the small hole to the right of the USB port on the bottom of the Fuze. Another way is to just turn it off and on again with the power button on the top.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2
    That's because it's not currently compatible with VGA devices like the Touch Pro (Fuze) and Touch Diamond, the Tilt, which I had too, was a QVGA device. Oh it'll work, but you get the half a screen thing.
    Guys,
    Go to skyfire.com. The latest version of Skyfire (which I thought had been out for quite a while) IS compatible with VGA (Fuze) and QVGA (Tilt), not WVGA (Touch HD).
    Therefore, Skyfire version 0.85 is compatible with the Fuze. I am running it now. Full screen.
    However, there is something wierd about it. The rendered text on the web pages do not seem to be rendered at full resolution. They apprear blurry until you zoom in to what appears to be the 320x200 resolution of the QVGA screens. Try it and you'll see what I mean. I assume they did that for speed.
    I still prefer Skyfire to any other browser.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    since it's gone quiet in here. for those of you who love the AT&T Fuze but want more memory as you don't need all the at&t programs, head on over to XDA and download NATF's latest rom V 3.2 which is great for those of us who want to fully customize Touch Flo 3D without the slowdown some experienced with the past custom ROM's for the Fuze and TF3D Config.
    From the HTC Magician to the One X, I'm one of the HTC OG's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast