Thread: Tricks, Tips, Software, Updates, Gadgets for ATT FUZE

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    WE Model 302
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Something that has kept me from trying the Fuze is that I'm a little spoiled by what appears to be excellent RF signal capture by the Q9h Global.

I'd love to have some of the features of the Fuze, but I'm a little leery of moving to an HTC device after experiencing evidently inferior RF signal capture from their devices in the past.

Could somebody offer up some subjective opinions about how the Fuze does with that most basic of all functions, namely, being able to make a good solid voice communication at all times in all signal conditions?

Is it the equivalent to the Motorola and Nokia devices that enjoy such an excellent reputation for RF signal capture?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 8GB Unlocked
    Blackjack i607 Unlocked
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Forgive me if this has been posted elseware but is XDA down right now?? I can't seem to access the site or forum at all!!!!

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/LG G3/LG G Pad 7.0LTE/Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Nokia Lumia 635
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuichi88
    Forgive me if this has been posted elseware but is XDA down right now?? I can't seem to access the site or forum at all!!!!
    Yep, it's down, yet again It's been going down a lot lately, sometimes for a couple of days at a time.

Feedback Score
    im currently with the tilt and was wondering if it was worth the upgrade to a fuze or an epix, or should i wait?

is there dedicated mods, customization, roms, fixes etc for the samsung epix? are there any other recommended phones?

-- as REAL as it gets as REAL as can be and just keeping it REAL -- 4EVER
    My Feedback

The L Street Tavern (How do you like them apples?)
    Phones
    More than you...
    This and that...
    Assorted relics...
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton
    Something that has kept me from trying the Fuze is that I'm a little spoiled by what appears to be excellent RF signal capture by the Q9h Global.

I'd love to have some of the features of the Fuze, but I'm a little leery of moving to an HTC device after experiencing evidently inferior RF signal capture from their devices in the past.

Could somebody offer up some subjective opinions about how the Fuze does with that most basic of all functions, namely, being able to make a good solid voice communication at all times in all signal conditions?

Is it the equivalent to the Motorola and Nokia devices that enjoy such an excellent reputation for RF signal capture?

I find the Fuze and X1a to be pretty similar. Not quite up to Nokia/Moto standards, though.
    Winner, Third Annual S60 Hofies Award, Gold Medal, Most Schizophrenic Phone Owner, and Biggest Early Adopter

Quote Originally Posted by gwapz
    There will never be a perfect device..

If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

BST Feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...bostonirishguy

Phone
    Samsung Epix
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Which radio?

Just out of curiosity what radio are most of the people here using? I've been playing with the different Raphael radios, but so far I am NOT impressed with my reception with any of them. I'm about to unlock my Fuze to try some of the Blackstone radios with it to see if any of them work better. Even my Tilt had far superior reception then the Fuze. I used the Samsung Epix briefly and would get full bars in areas where the Fuze would get a big fat zero. Its pretty frustrating as I'm in the process of looking for a new job and have been getting lots of my calls punted to voicemail. Just wondering if anybody here has had better success with the Blackstone radios, as I'd hate to spend the extra money to unlock it for the exact same results. I hardly ever use the GPS so I'm not real interested in GPS results.

Phones
    IPHONE 5
    Retired IPHONE 3G, 4, 4S
    Retired V9M
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I was having a problem adding contacts to the "People" tab on the Fuze. Problem solved. I noticed that when I added a contact WITHOUT a photo it worked fine. The contacts I was having a problem with HAD photos. I deleted the photos in my address book on my MAC and re-synced the contacts. I then added the contacts to my "People" tab and it worked. I then went back and added the photos from my storage card.

Phone
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons
    Has anyone succeeded in removing the startup animation?

Advanced Config didn't work for me even though the setting says it disabled it.
    yea im getting the same thing. it actually takes longer to startup when i have it disabled

Phones
    Galaxy s5 towelrooted
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier
    Cingular...i mean AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There is actually a new att/htc rom available on htc's site, has fm radio, and seems to run alot faster

Phones
    HTC Magic
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just curious, which cooked rom do you guys find the best?
    So far I've used a few and each had their issues.
    Right now I'm using the energyrom which is attractive, fast and mostly functional, but there are so many bugs. First the texting bug, now I can't get it to lock on to gps. There are fixes for each issue, but I'd like one to just work.
    Last one I used was the TAEL rom, and that one was just FULL of bugs and annoying little nuisances.
    I've used the RRE 6.1 and 6.5 and they seemed to be the best I've found so far. The best part about them is they just WORK. You flash em and you're off to the races. The problem is, I get bored kinda easy. I'd like to find one that works as well as RRE but isn't it. Maybe something with sense?
    Any suggestions?
    Ever wonder if people know they're stupid?

Rogers Magic on AT&T 3G

Phones
    ATT Fuze
    Samsung Jack - i637
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    NRG 2.1 Sense ROM 28xxx series with no real show stoppers...

Phones
    HTC Magic
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps
    NRG 2.1 Sense ROM 28xxx series with no real show stoppers...
    I'm using his 21885 now. Think I've just about got the kinks worked out so it's performing pretty well. I wanted to try the 28 series, but the thread comes out and says it's not as stable.
    You haven't had any issues?

Phones
    ATT Fuze
    Samsung Jack - i637
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier
    Cingular / ATT
    Feedback Score
    aside from it not closing apps with X and the new bottom bar messing up Slingplayer, no real issues...flashing Captain's 23518 ROM now to check out threaded emails...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4