Thread: LG Dare on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score

LG Dare on Verizon Prepaid

Does anyone know why I can not activate my LG Dare on my Verizon Prepaid account? The customer service rep said it's because they don't allow smartphones on those plans - but I had my Moto Q activated on the same inpulse plan for a year and a half! Is this a new rule or are they just trying to get me to sign the 2 year contract? Is there any way around this? Please help!

Phones
    LG Dare
    Kyocera KX-414
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    that's a lame response since the dare is not a smartphone.

Feedback Score
    PDA and BB phones can't be activated on pre-paid for some time now (they were allowed at one point), and when it comes to regular feature phones, those that require being on a NW plan (and thus have some sort of enhanced data features, like an HTML browser and/or Dashboard) are also not allowed on pre-paid plans (so far).

Feedback Score
    dial *22888 from that phone to activate it or go online and activate it on prepaid also hope this helps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_kid123
    dial *22888 from that phone to activate it or go online and activate it on prepaid also hope this helps
    It won't really help a phone like the LG Dare since it's not compatible with VZW pre-paid.