Thread: Why Does My Centro Keep Vibrating For No Reason?

Feedback Score

Why Does My Centro Keep Vibrating For No Reason?

It seems to do it very randomly. It'll vibrate once like you're receiving a text, only there's no text, no message, nothing. The screen doesn't even "wake up", it just stays black. It happens about once every 10 minutes, sometimes sooner, sometimes later. One thing's for sure, it's very annoying. Has anyone experienced this and know a fix?

Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers | Red Pocket Mobile | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The first thing that I would try to do is determine whether this is a hardware issue or a software issue. Back up your Centro by performing a hotsynch and perform a hard reset. After doing the hard reset, don't install any programs or change any settings on your Centro and see if it still vibrates randomly after a few days. If so, you have a hardware issue and should return it.

If the unit no longer randomly vibrates after the hard reset (for a few days), it is a program or a setting that is causing this. Install your third party applications one at a time waiting a day or so between each install to narrow down the offending application.

Don't perform a re-hotsynch after your Centro no longer randomly vibrates because this will transfer all the old programs/settings back onto your Centro and chances are, your Centro will start randomly vibrating again.

I hope that this helps.
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): "Fido" LG Nexus-4

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10

Red Pocket Mobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or "Fido" Samsung Nexus-S

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    Found a fix on another forum. It's the Sprint Mobile Mail app. By default, its configured to vibrate whenever you get new email. You have to go into the preferences and uncheck "vibrate" under "alerts." No vibrating ever since.

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There you go aero. I was going to say make sure you are not hitting the volume on/off button at the top :rofl: