Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Unlocked BlackBerry Storm, working on T-Mobile!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn9111
    ok, im still kind of confused here. Im with tmobile, but bought the phone off the streets. Even if i find sombody with verizon, wont the phone need to have thier number in it for them to get an unlock code for it??
    Don't know how legit this is but it seems there's plenty of cheap ways to unlock a phone.

http://www.wirelessunlocking.com/htm...FQJ2xgodXg3bkQ

Feedback Score

2 networks at the same time

When you use the Storm unlocked on both the VZW network as well as another GSM carrier, are you able to receive calls to either one, or only the one that is activated at that time? i guess if you cant, you can always forward calls from one to the other...

Device(s)
    Rim 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

bluetooth functonality

when you unlock does it also remove verizon's crippling of the bluetooth?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by capteeou
    I unlocked my Storm for free through Verizon Global support 1-800-711-8300. I told them I wanted to use a different SIM card overseas. It's working great with my T-Mobile SIM. I can switch at will between Verizon's and T-Mobile's network. It's very useful to me because I used to have to carry around two phones.
    Seriously? Can you still receive a phone call on your T-Mobile number while using VZW for data? I've seen a few unlocked Storms floating around the web for about 500 bucks, and I've been considering getting one for its versatility. Especially since I've heard the updates have vastly improved stability.

Device(s)
    Wing
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    if i just want to use opera mini on the storm instead of the bb browser, can i just use the $9.99 data plan? or does that not work and i have to pay for the BIS plan?

Device(s)
    iphone 3G, Nokia Arte, BB 8900
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    So does anyone know if I can sign up with verizon and get the Storm and cancel within 30 days and pay an additional $175 to keep the phone to use?

Device(s)
    Wing
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    anybody get windows messenger working? i dont know where to get the service book for it.

Device(s)
    Nokia E75
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone knows a reliable website that does unlocking for the Storm cheaper? Thanks much!

Device(s)
    Wing
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by humblehyper
    Anyone knows a reliable website that does unlocking for the Storm cheaper? Thanks much!
    i paid $20 @ uniquephones.com got the code within 5 minutes. they give you 4 possible codes, it was the first code for me.

wow, only $10 now
    If you hurry you can unlock your handset for just $9.99 using the coupon FASTBB during checkout. This offer will expire Jan 29th so you better move fast. To get started please visit our BlackBerry Unlocking page.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty_lite
    Seriously? Can you still receive a phone call on your T-Mobile number while using VZW for data?
    It's been said that the VZW Storm's GSM and CDMA radios are treated with different priorities (it seems GSM-only mode has to be active to use US GSM providers). If so, there's no way you can utilize a GSM and a CDMA carrier at the same time, at least not right now.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's what been stated by users in the RIM forums.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Iphone 2g
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the mobile directory number to your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number.

Feedback Score
    did my best on the iphone... but the 1st thing on on top says mobile directory #: and there u type the gsm one.

Feedback Score
    oh let me have a try!

Device(s)
    Samsung Epic
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Finally managed to get MMS working on T Mobile prepaid with no data. Merry X-Mas

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If I unlock a Storm for TMobile, do I need a VZW account to make use of the VZW 3g network for data downloads?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast