Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sprint stock up 100% in one week

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Sprint stock up 100% in one week

52-week low was last Thursday, 11/20, when it closed at $1.35. Price as I write this is $2.77.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overtheair
    52-week low was last Thursday, 11/20, when it closed at $1.35. Price as I write this is $2.77.

i wonder why that is?
    with Verizon and att coming out with strong phones, i mean

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's because Sprint offloaded WiMAX onto ClearWire, so therefore, the gravy train just pulled in.
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    yes its up a tiny bit, but thats hardly comfort to the people who got in at $15. Its still pretty horrible its even under $3 still

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Yeah from a percentage standpoint that's awesome. But in the grand scheme of things it's got a long way to go to make the majority of people happy.

With that said I think that Sprint is HUGELY undervalued. What 50 million plus customer company do you know whose stock is so low? There's nowhere to go but up and I think once the new advertising kicks in and people recognize what a good value Sprint is the stock will be up up and away!!!!!!!! Least that's what I hope.

I project the stock to be anywhere from 6-8 once POSITIVE quarter 4 numbers are reported.
    In a world full of Droids, I'm a shiny Apple.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    im positive about sprint, one thing is clear is that the DoJ will never allow verizon to be a cdma monopoly and that means keeping sprint afloat by all means possible.

Check out my buyer/seller feedback: My HoFo Feedback

Proud AT&T customer with a grandfathered plan!

Device(s)
    IC902&TP2&Pre
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINTNEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    So when u joining Sprint You would finally have reliable 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN
    Yeah from a percentage standpoint that's awesome. But in the grand scheme of things it's got a long way to go to make the majority of people happy.

With that said I think that Sprint is HUGELY undervalued. What 50 million plus customer company do you know whose stock is so low? There's nowhere to go but up and I think once the new advertising kicks in and people recognize what a good value Sprint is the stock will be up up and away!!!!!!!! Least that's what I hope.

I project the stock to be anywhere from 6-8 once POSITIVE quarter 4 numbers are reported.

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN

not a chance theyll post positive Q4 numbers, even Hesse said himself itll still take time to be in the positive category. When the CEO says itll be another losing quarter then theres little doubt it will be.

Ive seen the SOS (same old you know what) in terms of commercials from sprint, basically the same Hesse commercials vs the 10 or 12 holiday deal ones from each VZW and ATT (prob 8 different ones total vs sprint's 2 runnings of the Hesse ad i saw on tv today), not even counting the iphone/storm specific ones, and even a T-mobile marketing campaign for the holidays. Marketing is EVERYTHING in terms of Q4 holiday sales and no one will deny Sprint cant market themselves out of a carboard box.

Stock is low because investor confidence in Sprint is low due to their own performance. Its all correlated, so theyre basically digging their own grave concerning their stock price with per business performance. Theyve had what- 7,8,9 big losing quarters in a row now? Thats mainly why a 50 million customer company has a <$3 stock, previously <$2 a bit ago.

Sure from $1.70 theres not much else to do but go up, but dont expect any huge gains anytime soon. This wont be a $15 stock again anytime soon, or one people will have much confidence buying in to.

Also to the DOJ comment, Im not sure what that has to do with anything here. But besides that point VZW, with acquiring Alltel, now has almost double the CDMA customers as Sprint. So they dont need a monopoly or take-over to out pace Sprint by a mile.

Remember ATT and VZW post huge positive numbers EVERY quarter Sprint has posted huge negatives. They dont need any more help to be successful because they already are.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runagun
    So when u joining Sprint You would finally have reliable 3G.
    I don't know about that one man, I'm such an AT&T loyalist and all.

If I did, I don't know, maybe I'd just get a datacard or something!? Believe though if I had to choose someone other than AT&T it would easily be Sprint.

As my name implies, I like to keep my options Wide_opeN... Lol

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Att can't touch Sprint or Verizon on 3G coverage and that's a fact.
    at&t USB 305:

Comcast Extreme:

Device(s)
    iphone 3GS
    Feedback Score
    problem being is by the subscriber numbers they apparently dont need all the 3g in the world to be successful. Id venture to guess the average joe blow customer doesnt know what 3g even is and chose a carrier by commercials and fancy phones, etc. Id also be willing to guess that a ton of people still are only using 2g and another huge chunk dont even know theyre using 3g, they jsut have a phone and know it works. The only people who really care about the vs. in 3g and such are the few tech geeks like ourselves.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    problem being is by the subscriber numbers they apparently dont need all the 3g in the world to be successful. Id venture to guess the average joe blow customer doesnt know what 3g even is and chose a carrier by commercials and fancy phones, etc. Id also be willing to guess that a ton of people still are only using 2g and another huge chunk dont even know theyre using 3g, they jsut have a phone and know it works. The only people who really care about the vs. in 3g and such are the few tech geeks like ourselves.
    Yo klurf! You are in Miami dude? Cool! I just noticed that in your profile! Anyway, I JUST noticed how you spelled JSUT and I am glad I am not the only one that has been alone in screwing the spelling of that word up a lot recently! LOL. What part of Dade County are you in man? The actual City of Miami or what?

More importantly, I actually agree with your post quite handily.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    exactly thats what i noticed in most americans. klurfdawg & skippinjack, i'm also in Miami-dade county.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Agent22
    exactly thats what i noticed in most americans. klurfdawg & skippinjack, i'm also in Miami-dade county.
    Niiiiiice. LOL, there's a lot of us down here in SFL! What part are you in?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    Niiiiiice. LOL, there's a lot of us down here in SFL! What part are you in?
    good to know there lots of us here . i live on campus in Barry University but i lived in Miami Shores lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast