Thread: Application Installation Guide (sticky please)

Device(s)
    Samsung Behold
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Application Installation Guide (sticky please)

Java Application Installation for Samsung Behold (SGH-T919)
    Necessary Programs for Installation: TKFileExplorer 2.2
    Download http://azev76.free.fr/U700/JavaInstall.rar
    The .jar & .jad files for the application.

Step1.
    Download and install TKFileExplorer. In the same .rar file, open SAMSUNG_Composite_USB_Driver_4_34_WHQL.zip and choose the Setup.exe file. This will install the necessary Samsung Driver to use TKFileExplorer.
    Step2. Open TKFileExplorer and go to Settings then choose COM. On port, click the drop down menu and choose the port that is visible (something like port 5/port 6). NOTE* you must NOT be connected in pc studio program. Now click on FILE and CONNECT.

Step3. On the bottom half of TKFileExplorer, browse through these folders Exe/Java/Games. Now that you are in games, create a new folder. Name it after what you are going to install (for example, Google Maps, Gmail, Opera Mini etc). Now you will need to place the .jar & .jad files of the program you will be installing. On the top half of TKFileExplorer, browse through to where you saved the application files (.jar/.jad) and select them both. Now right click and choose ‘Download’. All done for this part.

Step4.
    Open up your dial pad and enter the following, *#6984125*#. Choose INTERNALS and enter the following, *#9072641*#. Now scroll down and choose Storage Settings. Then update Java DB, followed by update apps database. Now you are finished. Go to Menu>Applications/Apps & Games. Your newly installed app should be visible!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola a630
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where would one find a list of apps and games for the behold?

Feedback Score
    I asked this in another post, butit might be better here.

I followed your instructions, and was able to looad some saved earlier installed apps (like Opera below):

(below files and folders in the Opera Mini folder)

appdb (file folder with files)
    filesystem (empty folder)
    i.png (PNG Image)
    MANIFEST.MF (MF File)
    OperaMini.jad (JAD File)
    OperaMini.jar (Zipped file)

When I go to the application download websites, I see downloads for Jave apps that come through only with the zipped file like the .jar file above.

I have put that only in a folder in the Java/Game folder in the behold, and tried to install it by updating the databases and applications, but it apparently needs more of the above structured files and folders. Is there a way to convert the .jar files to something like the above ?

Feedback Score

Smile

I followed your instructions, and was able to load some saved earlier installed apps (like Opera below):

(below files and folders in the Opera Mini folder)

appdb (file folder with files)
    filesystem (empty folder)
    i.png (PNG Image)
    MANIFEST.MF (MF File)
    OperaMini.jad (JAD File)
    OperaMini.jar (Zipped file)

When I go to the application download websites, I see downloads for Jave apps that come through only with the zipped file like the .jar file above.

I have put that only in a folder in the Java/Game folder in the behold, and tried to install it by updating the databases and applications, but it apparently needs more of the above structured files and folders.

Is there a way to convert the .jar files to something like the above ?

ANSWER OF MY OWN QUESTION. I TRIED A DIFFERENT JAD MAKER, AND INSTALLED THE JAD/JAR FILES PER YOUR GUIDE AND IT INSTALLED THIS TIME. IT ALSO CREATED FILES THAT LOOK LIKE THE ABOVE.

THANKS AGAIN

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Can someone with a memoir confirm if this works for that phone as well? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Using BB Pearl. Nothing beats BB.
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Samsung Highlight

Hi,

Does anyone know if this trick works with the Tmobile's Samsung Highlight t749. I want to install the gmail application only.

Thanks
    hapishyguy
    TopIncomeProducer.com
    Do you know what is Financial Freedom/Security?
    What happens when your ability to perform is gone? What will happen to your family if one day you are no more?
    I know something that you dont know!

Feedback Score
    i have a samsung high light i cant connect says port is unfound