Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Omnias battery

Feedback Score

Omnias battery

# Standard Battery – 1440 mAh
    # Usage: Up to 346 minutes OR
    # Standby: Up to 464 hours

my rear end it lasts that long

no more than 30 minutes and 30 texts used. 15 min on internet at the most. down to 30% battery now at 430pm PST, taken off charger at 0630am PST. crap crap crap!!!!! verizon needs to stop releasing garbage. the storm, as much as i love blackberry storm is crap. utter crap. slow as heck.

whats up verizon? is technical acceptance really a department of people? or just a room full of chimps that push buttons.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Samsung i760
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tackle
    # Standard Battery – 1440 mAh
    # Usage: Up to 346 minutes OR
    # Standby: Up to 464 hours

my rear end it lasts that long

no more than 30 minutes and 30 texts used. 15 min on internet at the most. down to 30% battery now at 430pm PST, taken off charger at 0630am PST. crap crap crap!!!!! verizon needs to stop releasing garbage. the storm, as much as i love blackberry storm is crap. utter crap. slow as heck.

whats up verizon? is technical acceptance really a department of people? or just a room full of chimps that push buttons.
    Those numbers don't take into account a multitude of things (and don't even originate with Verizon - they typically come from the manufacturer, so blame Samsung/BB). Do you have programs running in the background? That takes processor time/battery. Added an interface like SPB? More processor time/battery. Does your phone check your email on a regular schedule? More processor time/battery.

I think some of you don't realize just how much power a device like this can take when you're doing a lot of stuff on it. I take my Omnia off the charger at 5am. It's linked to three different email accounts, two of which it checks every fifteen minutes, and the third it gets pushed email from (Exchange) on a regular basis throughout the day. I also listen to the FM radio for nearly 10 hours everyday (on the way to work, at work, on the way home from work). I also send texts and make calls throughout the day. I don't put it back on the charger until 10-11pm. Sure, I get the low battery warning at some point, but I have yet to actually run out of power. I think some of you are doing more than you're realizing with your phones in order for it to use up that much power.

EDIT: I should also mention that things like searching for satellites eat up a considerable amount of power. If you live in an area with poor service or you take your phone on the road a lot, or to an area with a dense population (where it has to fight with a lot of other people for access), it can quickly drain the battery. Those battery power numbers are under optimal conditions. Unfortunately, conditions are rarely optimal.

Phones
    Moto Droid
    BB Tour
    Omnia
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E4C
    Those numbers don't take into account a multitude of things (and don't even originate with Verizon - they typically come from the manufacturer, so blame Samsung/BB). Do you have programs running in the background? That takes processor time/battery. Added an interface like SPB? More processor time/battery. Does your phone check your email on a regular schedule? More processor time/battery.

I think some of you don't realize just how much power a device like this can take when you're doing a lot of stuff on it. I take my Omnia off the charger at 5am. It's linked to three different email accounts, two of which it checks every fifteen minutes, and the third it gets pushed email from (Exchange) on a regular basis throughout the day. I also listen to the FM radio for nearly 10 hours everyday (on the way to work, at work, on the way home from work). I also send texts and make calls throughout the day. I don't put it back on the charger until 10-11pm. Sure, I get the low battery warning at some point, but I have yet to actually run out of power. I think some of you are doing more than you're realizing with your phones in order for it to use up that much power.

EDIT: I should also mention that things like searching for satellites eat up a considerable amount of power. If you live in an area with poor service or you take your phone on the road a lot, or to an area with a dense population (where it has to fight with a lot of other people for access), it can quickly drain the battery. Those battery power numbers are under optimal conditions. Unfortunately, conditions are rarely optimal.
    +1... surfing the net eats up a ****load of power.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    also worth noting that with most batteries (even newer ones), it's recommended that you 'condition' it from the start (as soon as you get it, let it run completely dry until it shuts off... then charge it fully, then drain it again completely , then charge it again completely. although this may not necessarily improve battery life with newer batteries, it sorta calibrates it better so that the system has a more accurate representation of how much battery life is actually left (at least based on what ive read.. i could be wrong)
    Samsung Omnia 910
    Manila TouchFLO 2D 19b

Feedback Score
    im no newbie or stranger to winMO devices, i keep my background items clear as much as possible. bottom line, lousy battery/device. ive turned off the recieve all incoming beams setting, etc. only one email account on push. not to mention no matter what i did with it settings wise, the backlight would mysteriously turn itself on. ive done 1 hard reset to it in less than 2 hours of buying it because it wouldnt rotate screen and soft resets didnt work.
    screen did not want to seem to calibrate, and when it would accept my touches it was still off a bit causing poor typing. the widgets....suck. now i didnt spend a ton of time looking it up but i couldnt find any settings for the widgets to change items....and the preset items, many are useless.
    sad to say, i actually found the XV6900 to be a better device despite all the problems i had with that thing and it took me 2 weeks to hate it...this thing didnt make it one full day....well, ok 27 hours from the time i bought it to the time i took it back.
    bottom line, 100% to 30% battery in 8 hours pushing 1 email account, no progs running in background 90% of the time, 20 min on web, 23 min calls, 25-30 sms messages and one incoming MMS picture is not acceptable...considering my curve is down to 20-30% on 4 times the usage talking, double on web and 3-4 times more for MMS/SMS sending/receiving.
    its a nice device tho....otherwise. its blingy, flashy, kid/teen centric and nothing more. its hardly a productive device. ill stick with my curve. and ill admit im a BB fan over winMO anyday, and i gave winmo a shot again, and realized how spoiled i am with owning a reliable device (BB curve) and ill freely admit the storm is a bigger POS that the Omnia...but im sure battery is better.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    Samsung i760
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tackle
    not to mention no matter what i did with it settings wise, the backlight would mysteriously turn itself on.
    FYI, this is likely because of Bluetooth. If you turn on something that is linked to your phone (for instance, a computer, a car that has BT, a headset, etc...), it will turn your screen on. Hell, if you have your phone in discoverable mode and someone attempts to connect to it, your screen will turn on. This is standard WM.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    when i was at the VZW store last night, they tried to set up my omnia , but the battery was completely dead so they had to plug it in for about 15 min. from there, i got the phone but it had about 1 bar of battery left. i used it liberally from that time (about 830 pm) until i went to bed (around 130 am). i used web, watched video online, made a couple of calls, used online messaging, had wifi on. i basically did as much as i could to drain the battery completely so i could charge it overnight, even turning bluetooth on. towards the end of the night my battery got critically low, so alot of features wouldnt work (acclerometer shut off, wifi wouldnt turn on), but the phone kept going. thats pretty good for me considering it was charged for such a short time at the store.

Phone
    Motorola DROID 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just talked on the phone for 34 minutes and I still have 4 bars.

Feedback Score
    FYI, this is likely because of Bluetooth. If you turn on something that is linked to your phone (for instance, a computer, a car that has BT, a headset, etc...), it will turn your screen on. Hell, if you have your phone in discoverable mode and someone attempts to connect to it, your screen will turn on. This is standard WM.
    nope, never turned on BT. besides on or not its not supposed to turn on

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've had my Omnia for a week and I am extremely dissappointed with the battery life. I had the Dare since it's release and I would daily use the hell out of it (150+ texts, checking and sending emails, on the net, making calls, and even using orb to listen to music) and my battery would easily last me my full 8.5 hour shift with no signs of dying out. I now have the Omnia and with 3.5 hours of the same amount of use and I am at almost 50% and by the seventh hour of my shift I'm getting the exclamation point and battery notifications because the phone is about to die.

Now is it just my battery or is it an Omnia thing, period? My wife has the Storm and with 18 hours of full use her battery is still at a whopping 55%! I really want to like the Omnia, but if this is what the battery life is like, I will be switching to the Storm this Monday.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yeah i see what you mean now.. today was my first full day of using it. i used browswer thruout the day, aim, a couple of phone calls.. nothin too major. by 4-5 pm it was already at 1 bar, and then on the drive home i was getting the exclamation point... ugh.

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yup, I'm definitely not impressed.

Phone
    iPhone 6 | Moto X | Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier
    Verizon|AT&T|Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RN$
    I will be switching to the Storm this Monday.
    Standby for disappointment. Slow, slow slow, unresponsive, and did I mention slow? Pretty screen though.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

this is a good point. last night when my battery was dying, i checked the task manager and i had at least 8 programs running (granted some were just folders, etc, but there were also programs like aim, opera, touch player that were just there in the background). i closed them but i am going to need to make a habit to kill processes more often. today i will try that and see if my battery life increases.

also, would it make sense to kill the broadband connection (#777) as soon as you're done using the browser?

Phones
    BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330(me)
    LG Cosmos (wife)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    would it make sense to kill the broadband connection (#777) as soon as you're done using the browser?
    That would certainly enhance battery life.

Having said that, I don't experience any battery problems, and I use my phone a lot. I have to charge it nightly, but I unplut around 7am and plug in after 10pm.

I'd be curious to see what people's power settings are and whether or not they put the phone in standby when it's not in use.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast