Thread: Epix Internet Sharing

Feedback Score

Epix Internet Sharing

There was a previous "How To" posting for enabling Windows Mobile 6.1 Internet Sharing on the BlackJack II
    I assumed it would enable ICS on my AT&T Epix as well.
    I downloaded the 2 files secpolicies.cab and BJ.WM6.ICS.Enable.cab.
    I successfully installed secpolicies. But I could not install BJ.WM6.ICS.Enable.cab. Then I realized that file is unique to the BlackJack.
    Anybody know where these files come from and whether there is an equivalent file for the Epix?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Probably need to find one for a Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 device such as the HTC Tilt 8925/TyTN.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Samsung Epix i907
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCGREGG
    I assumed it would enable ICS on my AT&T Epix as well.
    This was addressed and solved here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449673

Feedback Score
    Thanks Mango and RenegadeRick for trying to help me out. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. Turns out that the Internet Sharing is loaded in the AT&T Epix. I just discovered it by accident.

I have an AT&T Palm Treo 750 which has the Internet Sharing loaded with the icon showing on the Programs menu. I got the AT&T Samsung Epix for my wife and naturally looked for Internet Sharing under Programs.

Instead, it is loaded and shows up under Settings-Connections on the Epix. It works like a charm in the same way as it does on my Treo 750.