Thread: Samsung Omnia Battery life...

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Samsung Omnia Battery life...

I've had my Omnia for a week and I am extremely dissappointed with the battery life. I had the Dare since it's release and I would daily use the hell out of it (150+ texts, checking and sending emails, on the net, making calls, and even using orb to listen to music) and my battery would easily last me my full 8.5 hour shift with no signs of dying out. I now have the Omnia and with 3.5 hours of the same amount of use and I am at almost 50% and by the seventh hour of my shift I'm getting the exclamation point and battery notifications because the phone is about to die.

Now is it just my battery or is it an Omnia thing, period? My wife has the Storm and with 18 hours of full use her battery is still at a whopping 55%! I really want to like the Omnia, but if this is what the battery life is like, I will be switching to the Storm this Monday.

Phones
    LG Chocolate
    samsung Omnia
    Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    just asking but did u set it up to keep looking for a wifi connection or did you set it to auto shutoff

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't use the wifi, so it's always off.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia !910
    U740 alias
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RN$
    I don't use the wifi, so it's always off.
    hm i play with mine all day at work and it easily last me till i got to bed around midnight. I do get a low battery notice once in a hiwl but evenonce i get that mesage i have plenty of time left to play with it.

Phones
    Samsung Omnia
    LG VX8300 (2007-2008)
    Kyocera kx414 (2004-2007)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thetwiztidfreak
    hm i play with mine all day at work and it easily last me till i got to bed around midnight. I do get a low battery notice once in a hiwl but evenonce i get that mesage i have plenty of time left to play with it.
    I have realized the Omnia screams at you for the low battery when it has 1/3 life left. I just keep using it while watching the meter.

Phones
    Moto Droid X
    Moto Droid X Motodroid lg Dare lg Voyager Env Env2
    Storm1 Storm 2 VX8100 VX8300 VX6000 TM 510
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RN$
    I've had my Omnia for a week and I am extremely dissappointed with the battery life. I had the Dare since it's release and I would daily use the hell out of it (150+ texts, checking and sending emails, on the net, making calls, and even using orb to listen to music) and my battery would easily last me my full 8.5 hour shift with no signs of dying out. I now have the Omnia and with 3.5 hours of the same amount of use and I am at almost 50% and by the seventh hour of my shift I'm getting the exclamation point and battery notifications because the phone is about to die.

Now is it just my battery or is it an Omnia thing, period? My wife has the Storm and with 18 hours of full use her battery is still at a whopping 55%! I really want to like the Omnia, but if this is what the battery life is like, I will be switching to the Storm this Monday.
    my omnia is the same way battery life is a deal breaker for me i got 4 hrs out of it using web and email and phone unacceptable.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    same for me... i posted this on another thread, but im thinking it may be isolated to the american verizon omnia (as opposed to the overseas omnias, which generally have good reviews with respect to battery life). im going to verizon today to try and get a new battery or phone , since the phone is only 2 days old.
    Samsung Omnia 910
    Manila TouchFLO 2D 19b

Phones
    Samsung Omnia !910
    U740 alias
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xiregulatorix
    same for me... i posted this on another thread, but im thinking it may be isolated to the american verizon omnia (as opposed to the overseas omnias, which generally have good reviews with respect to battery life). im going to verizon today to try and get a new battery or phone , since the phone is only 2 days old.
    Mines a verizon version and battery life is great.

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My battery life is horrible. I made some short phone calls last night at 6pm when the phone was fully charged, then didn't touch it for the rest of the night. When I woke up this morning at 9am, there was only 1 bar on the battery left.

Would replacing the battery solve this, or is it a design flaw?

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just dropped mine off at Verizon for a full refund (and no restocking fee to boot). I'm ordering my Storm as we speak.

Phones
    LG Clout, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Motorola StarTac ST7868W (no longer used)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thread moved.
    => Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Phone
    V710
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Same here. Battery life is a non issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by berg_man
    I have realized the Omnia screams at you for the low battery when it has 1/3 life left. I just keep using it while watching the meter.
    I use mine off and on all day and have even left bt on by mistake and still had 40 % left.

Also it does last quite a bit longer after the low battery warnings begin.
    Stronggeek

Phone
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stronggeek
    I use mine off and on all day and have even left bt on by mistake and still had 40 % left.

Also it does last quite a bit longer after the low battery warnings begin.
    Stronggeek
    I wish mine worked that well. I now only turn on BT when I'm in the car, and yet after a 5-minute phone call and 3 text messages yesterday, my Omnia's battery was down 50%.

Phone
    Storm
    Carrier
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps Bluetooth takes a bite out of the battery life?

Either way, I usually plug my phones in each night so hopefully it won't be a huge deal. If it doesn't last a whole day after an overnight charge, then it might be a problem.

Feedback Score
    There's already a much larger thread about the Omnia's battery. I wish the moderator would combine these two threads together.........

Anyhow, http://www.discountcell.com/cellular...103450CABSTD_1 is the only 1800 mAh battery I've found, that is better than the standard 1300 mAh, without being extra-fat like the 2400 mAh battery in Boxwave.com........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast