Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: UTStarcom TXT8010 / Verizon Blitz, QPST/ etc NV download fail.

Feedback Score
    Just figured something out... to read/write only the ESN/MEID areas,
    Close QPST/server.
    Go to your QPST folder's BIN directory, and rename
    NV Decoder.qdf to NV DecoderBackup.gdf
    Then, open notepad, and copy/paste only this:

NV_ESN,0,ReadWrite,<DWORD,ESN>#
    NV_ESN_CHKSUM,1,ReadWrite,<DWORD,CHKSUM>#
    NV_MEID,1943,ReadWrite,<DWORD,MEID>#

Now, save as NV Decoder.qdf in the bin directory
    (don't delete the other one in case you need those options later, just rename)
    Now open up the QPST NV browser, read from phone---> save the QCN, it'll
    be only the three repair files(ESN,CHKSUM,MEID). Save.

The problem is, after I change them from all zeros back to the correct MEID/ESN/CHKSUM, I load it with Software Download in QPST, it says 100%,
    the phone reboots... but the changes aren't made after it reboots... I can see it changing for a moment before the reboot in the QPST config panel, but after that it goes back...Lame.

Feedback Score
    i went and got qpst 2.7 build 301 and the latest bitpim. i entered the code #46484258# and it did nothing. how do i go about getting this fixed cause im clueless lol. i can use motorola phone tools and hexedit a razr but on this im clueless. ive installed all the drivers all the programs (i guess) and all i can get when i plug the usb in is the "sync music" connection. windows detects it as V CAST Mobile Phone - Internal Memory Portable Media Player. i have no idea if i installed everything in the right order, and im pretty rusty as mentioned above...im not so good with these newer phones, this seems very difficult. Please help lol

\m/Thor\m/

Feedback Score
    naw dude, you have to disable MTP mode:

type in uh...
    now press end call
    do *#6781 to re-enable whenever.

Then, get some drivers... the ones from the Helio Ocean work...
    www.helio.com

Feedback Score

Unhappy

what and where is MTP mode...windows right. whats it stand for (media transfer protocol ?) how do i disable it. and how do i know if i did the "*#6780
    now press end call. do *#6781 to re-enable whenever." right? end call is red power button right? gonna need a link to the drivers i went to http://www.helio.com/support/downloads/pc-sync and clicked on PC Software at top left and it takes me to the Ocean Device Driver link but i click it and i go back to the page above. so i downloaded the one for the MYSTO but its not picking it up and it says its a samsung driver installer.

\m/Thor\m/
    Last edited by Thor1983; 01-13-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Feedback Score

Talking

HAHA! i entered #46484258#, went to update cdma, it showed current version and "ok" i pushed clr and the verizon logo popped up so i quickly took out the battery put it back in and powered up...shes back to normal. BUT however Borborygm i would like you to teach me how to get into the phone and turn on the video feature mainly...other stuff can follow later if possible lol

\m/Thor\m/

Feedback Score
    ESN and few other NV items are writeprotected.

Feedback Score

Red face

whats NV? are you saying that i cant have the video feature? i need to unlock that usb port or something. i have to do a seem edit or something like that. i did that with my RAZR using www.hacktherazr.com. i need advice from the ground up for this though...usb is pi**ing me off lol. plz help

\m/Thor\m/

Feedback Score
    THor, honestly, I wish this OS was moto, but sadly you can't seem edit like that.
    Video feature? didn't know it had the ability, i'll sift through the NV items and such.
    You can look through a few options from your phone... type: ##7764726
    THor, when it says MTP disabled, replug-in, then install these:

http://www.helio.com/livefiles/suppo...e_Software.zip

adfree, I know :< Working on it :>

Device(s)
    txt8010 blitz
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    No not in the file system just in the phone info window can't get it to do anything on the diag port everything everything has been done in modem port, but haven't been able to put anything on the phone since it won't let me forgot what phone I had it set to I'm pretty sure it was an Lg though

Feedback Score
    WOW majorly confused lol. i got my phone back to normal. thats where i am. if i type ##7764726 and hit send it says "UNLOCK PHONE" and ******(6) show up to unlock it. idk the 6 digit number so... also i searched google for MTP and frankly im confused lol. i went to device manager in windows and disabled the phone and tried to update the driver but no luck with the Helio Ocean drivers. I downloaded that zip and i am waiting for further info lol

\m/Thor\m/

Feedback Score
    do it with the pst

Feedback Score
    i need it in steps dude. this ***** is really making me heat up! just find me a tutorial steps 1-? you know...? but until then thanx for all the help so far. i love "hacking" i modified both of my xbox's and my 360 lol. im up for a challenge!

\m/Thor\m/

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Dead link. doesnt matter anyway wont be able to do it anyway

Feedback Score
    Someone found the Firmware for Elvis.

No joke... FCC ID: PP4ELVIS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast