Thread: help me like my htc touch hd

Feedback Score

help me like my htc touch hd

hey so ive had the iphone from the day it came out and the only time i didnt was when i traded for a curve and cash when iphones were hard to unlock because of an update. so what i want to know is can i get all of the same types of apps and customization from my htc hd that i did with my iphone. i tried the htc for 2days and was just missing my iphone too much. i didnt have aim, a sports score checker application. and right now my biggest issue is the phone still has the plastic over the screen and im having trouble selecting things on the screen occasionally, its almost like i have to press down, this is especially annoying when im trying to drag a screen up or down like on web pages. has anyone else encountered this or is just because i havent taken off the plastic the phone comes with.(cant see how its any different from a screen protector and would make me have to press down on the screen). my last issue with the phone is i tend to type a lot, whether it be emails texts or posts on howard forums and have troubles pressing the keys because theyre extremely tiny, id really like to use it solely as a touch device and never have to take out the stylus. so i guess what im looking for is an alternate keyboard with more spacing for me to not screw up pressing the wrong letters. and again i have to press pretty hard against the screen to select pictures.

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    uhhh... you need to remove the plastic that covers the screen and use the included screen protector. there's a big difference in usability between what covers the screen on a new device and the screen protector that comes with the phone. is this your first WM Smartphone? if it is, by now you've realized that the way you do things on a WM Smartphone is different than the iphone (ok, this is obvious, lol).

have you tried the Compact QWERTY keyboard, e.g., Suretype? i use it with T9 and (for me) it works quite well for texting/email responses. i even use the Full QWERTY keyboard (without T9) and, while my error rate is higher compared to the Compact keyboard, it's working for me. customization? i can't answer that because you don't list the "types of apps" you're using (besides aim, score checker, etc.).

i look at it this way, if you like the freedom to perform detailed customizations of your device, including ROM changes, test/use a plethora of custom software, etc., consider the WM Smartphone. if you want to keep it simple, stick with the iphone. only you can help you like/not like your touch hd. (i'm sensing you're headed back to the iphone soon ).
    cortez

Feedback Score
    well, i was hoping to find some free software for it. i know people say the iphone doesnt have freedom, and i suppose it doesnt(legally) but they have programs like winterboard to customize the phone when you jailbreak it with the cydia downloader program. heres something i found as a substitute keyboard, but i want to go even wider and more spaced out, if anyone knows where i can pick up some of these programs for free that would be helpful. lol i wasnt sure about the plastic i just wanted to make sure before i take it off and decide im not gonna sell it as a NEW phone. box and phone still smells like brand new sneakers, love it.
    http://www.mobiletechaddicts.com/200...eyboard-video/

Phones
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Hottness!!) oh yeah!!
    HTC Diamond (SOLD!!)
    Carrier
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thatg
    hey so ive had the iphone from the day it came out and the only time i didnt was when i traded for a curve and cash when iphones were hard to unlock because of an update. so what i want to know is can i get all of the same types of apps and customization from my htc hd that i did with my iphone. i tried the htc for 2days and was just missing my iphone too much. i didnt have aim, a sports score checker application. and right now my biggest issue is the phone still has the plastic over the screen and im having trouble selecting things on the screen occasionally, its almost like i have to press down, this is especially annoying when im trying to drag a screen up or down like on web pages. has anyone else encountered this or is just because i havent taken off the plastic the phone comes with.(cant see how its any different from a screen protector and would make me have to press down on the screen). my last issue with the phone is i tend to type a lot, whether it be emails texts or posts on howard forums and have troubles pressing the keys because theyre extremely tiny, id really like to use it solely as a touch device and never have to take out the stylus. so i guess what im looking for is an alternate keyboard with more spacing for me to not screw up pressing the wrong letters. and again i have to press pretty hard against the screen to select pictures.
    For aim download Palringo. You will notice that when Palringo is minimized to the background, you won't end up having to log back in or reopen Palringo. It remains open in the background and still receives IMs for you. It also does more than just AIM, you have MSN, ICQ, etc. Enjoy Windows Mobile.
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Feedback Score
    where do you guys find dls for wmobile programs for free

Phones
    BlackBerry 8900 4.6.1.206
    HTC Dash(WM 6.1) - Retired
    Motorola MPX220 - Sold
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    xda-developers.com Sign up to the forum, post, and read anything related to the HD and you will like it moreso than you do now, and don't be scared to flash a cooked rom - it always ends up being better and snappier than a shipped due to less crap and more goodness and user customization ability.

Phones
    Bold 9700
    HTC Touch HD
    SE w810
    Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    +1 for xda-developers.com awesome site.

Also for your typing problem, two words: "CooTek Touchpal"
    http://www.cootek.com/

Best keyboard IMO for Windows Mobile once you understand how it works. I can type probably as fast, if not faster using Touchpal as on a regular phone with keys.

Phone
    HTC
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Another one for Xda.

Please go to your specific handset section and spend an hour or so reading there.

There're many things that you can do with your WinMo phones. Apps, tweaks, ROMs etc.

They all tend to enhance the stability, performance and some of the custom apps are really handy.

Bottom line, make sure you read the instructions fully before you do anything to the phone if you're new to WinMo. Once you get a feel of it, you will not go back to another OS for a long time.
    For the people who bought from me in the past, please leave feedbacks for me!

My HOFO feedbacks.

My RFD feedbacks.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    Hey thatg, if you do not like the phone, ill be more than happy to take it off your hands lol Naw, seriously i messed with this phone for 10-15 minutes and after having all 3 HTC models for sprint (VOGUE, DIAMOND, TOUCH PRO), i know that the HD is the one HTC phone that i will finally like and enjoy (when i get it) having.