Phones
    Galaxy SIII
    Nexus 4/LTE Radio
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Refund of Go Phone Balance

Does anyone know the process to get a refund for Pay as You Go Service?

I purchased $100 and was only using for Unlimited MediaNet.

If I can not use service, I want my balance returned.

HELP
    Dave32

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/528; U; en))

I'm sorry Dave, there are no refunds of un-used prepaid balances.
    Last edited by Guest 123; 12-10-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4S,Palm Pixi Plus
    Samsung SGH-A437,SCH-i730,SGH-T419
    Carrier
    GoPhonex3 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel
    Feedback Score
    It's not gonna happen. Don't bother even trying. If you don't care about the number you may give/sell/donate the remaining balance to someone who can use it. At best you might have it as credit in a migration to a postpaid plan.

Now if you meant you have $100 card/PIN that an easy sell (with the right price of course)
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Feedback Score
    AFAIK, the only way you are going to get anything directly from AT&T is if you file a claim in small claims court (will cost you ~$15 in most places) --AND-- AT&T doesn't show up to represent itself (otherwise you will lose because you really don't have much of a case against them).

Best bet is to just sell the sim with credit on craigslist/ebay.

Phones
    Wing - lost :-(
    Touch Pro 2 - retired...best keyboard ever!!!!
    MyTouch 4G Slide
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yea the policy is no refunds but in some rare cases its possible. I was able to get a refund for pick your plan customer who activated a phone in a non-att coverage area. I had customer escalate because a store rep sold her a very expnsive cell & $100 refill card stating she would be able to use the gophne service in China...my super followed up with the customer & got it taken care of.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by pimppoet
    Yea the policy is no refunds but in some rare cases its possible. I was able to get a refund for pick your plan customer who activated a phone in a non-att coverage area. I had customer escalate because a store rep sold her a very expnsive cell & $100 refill card stating she would be able to use the gophne service in China...my super followed up with the customer & got it taken care of.
    How did she get a $100 refill card put on the account in the first place? PYP account customers can't use those cards for refills. When their account is low, they can add funds in the amount of $15 or $25.

Phones
    Wing - lost :-(
    Touch Pro 2 - retired...best keyboard ever!!!!
    MyTouch 4G Slide
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose
    Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9100/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

How did she get a $100 refill card put on the account in the first place? PYP account customers can't use those cards for refills. When their account is low, they can add funds in the amount of $15 or $25.

It was 2 seperate incidents/customers...one pyp & the other paygo.

Edit: If a pyp did purchased a refill card in error we can get it applied as a 1 time courtesy credit. If it was a brand new activation the customer would still be required to make their 1st payment. Depending on the store u maybe able to get a refund or store credit if they can verify the refill card hasnt been used.

Phones
    Droid
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Filing small claims is quick and easy in most cases - it's easier and cheaper for them to pay than to send a lawyer, usually. Note that this works best if you don't live in a big city where they may just have a lawyer sitting around doing nothing already...

N.B.: you don't have much of a case, it's just their ****** customer treatment. It's still easier for them to pay you, though - I've done this before to T-Mo, and I can't imagine the process is that different with Amalgamated Thieves & Tyrants.

Phones
    FeiTeng H9503,Motorola V3M(RingPlus), AT&T MiFi Liberate,
    Kindle 3G,Isatphone,V11 Dual Sim Flip,SVP MQ999
    Carrier
    AT&T,Telna,Sprint,ekit,Inmarsat,Skype
    Feedback Score
    Agree with the suggestion of giving or selling the remaining airtime. AT&T is not unique in making prepaid airtime non-refundable in most circumstances. Ebay would be a good way to get rid of an airtime card or a sim card with some airtime on it...someone with light data useage needs or a voice only user would likely buy it.

Phones
    Blackberry 9000
    Iphone 3G 8GB
    Blackberry 8310
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just convert the account post paid...and cancel.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomz17
    AFAIK, the only way you are going to get anything directly from AT&T is if you file a claim in small claims court (will cost you ~$15 in most places) --AND-- AT&T doesn't show up to represent itself (otherwise you will lose because you really don't have much of a case against them).
    That gives you a judgment against them. You still have to get them to pay on the judgment.

Phones
    FeiTeng H9503,Motorola V3M(RingPlus), AT&T MiFi Liberate,
    Kindle 3G,Isatphone,V11 Dual Sim Flip,SVP MQ999
    Carrier
    AT&T,Telna,Sprint,ekit,Inmarsat,Skype
    Feedback Score
    See other threads. AT&T offering 1 mb for $5 and 100 Mb for $20 on 2/3/2009 or thereabouts per an AT&T CSR. Not the former 5 gb unlimited for $20, but if not a super heavy user, that should be more than adequate for most people (for more you are better off with a real prepaid or postpaid dataplan and a data card).

Phones
    Droid
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carriers
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1G-Drew
    That gives you a judgment against them. You still have to get them to pay on the judgment.
    When I did this to T-Mo, I basically forwarded a copy of the judgment to T-Mo's legal department, and they returned me a check. Collecting on a judgment is sometimes difficult, and frequently more of a hassle than the average person expects; however, with large corporations that have legal departments, you're eventually going to get someone who actually knows what a judgment is and why it's bad to leave it unpaid - definitely for small claims judgments that are typically only a few hundred to a thousand or two dollars, ie, not worth any time to them.

Plus, I'm having a fun time envisioning the "Newschannel on Your Side" interview resulting from THAT one, if someone were to go that route...