Thread: Matrix Folders

Phone
    Pantech Matrix
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Matrix Folders

I have a question about using subfolders in the graphics folders on the Matrix. I've noticed that if you go into My Stuff>Graphics, it lists the number of images and folders that are in the Image and Camera folders. However, I can't figure out how to access the subfolder. For example, I placed a subfolder in the camera folder on my memory card. When I'm looking at the camera folder, it lists the folder as being there, but I can't figure out how to get to the pictures inside it. Is it not possible to access images inside subfolders from the phone, or is there something I'm just totally missing?

Thanks!!

Phones
    Pantech c740 Matrix RED
    Cingular 3100
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    If you have your camera/settings/advanced set to Save Location: External Memory then all your camera snapshots will be dumped in the Camera folder on the memory card. That is the only (default) option for memory card storage, unless you manually place individual files into a different folder using a USB cable and Mass Storage Mode.

The Matrix is limited as far as the file system is concerned, and the only way that can be changed, maybe, is for Pantech to update the firmware to allow full file folder access.

Unless someone else knows how to hack into the menu system, this may never be changed.
    ...Tim

Phone
    Pantech Matrix
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Tim. I'd love to know who at Pantech had the brainchild of an idea to set the file system up so it displays subfolders, but won't actually let you access them unless the phone's hooked up to the computer. I've had the Matrix for a little over a week; it replaced a Sony Ericsson W580i, and the ability to use subfolders is one of the things I really miss about the SE (along with the fact that all the ringtone files I had on the SE are too big to use on the Matrix).
    Jade