Thread: AT&T Quickfire (GTX75) mods

Device(s)
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Exclamation AT&T Quickfire (GTX75) mods

I recently purchased this phone after having used a RAZR and SEw810i for many years. I don't want to pay the extra fee for a smartphone, so I feel very limited in my options. Dumbphones seem targeted to a much younger audience. As two examples, I'm not ever going to sign into the IM application and the email application still can't (won't?) access Gmail accounts.

I'm moderately skilled at hacking into phones and grew up unlocking and flash/flexing my previous phones to my liking. I would be interested in knowing if anyone here has any information on the Quickfire OS and it's vulnerabilities that would allow me to get access to it.

Here's what I would like to do:

1. Change application security permissions to never ever ask (not even once) for internet access. I paid for unlimited texting/internet and want to be able to use it without annoying permission requests every time I open and use Opera Mini, Gmail, and Google Maps among the other apps out there.
    2. Get an equivalent of the iPhone's Last.FM streaming radio app. I have a current subscription to XM in my car, so I don't want to pay for the same service twice.
    3. Remove or replace the AT&T 3G startup video/sound.
    4. Reorder and/or create new menus -- remove/replace unused items.
    4. Create new themes.

Device(s)
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i hate bumping my own threads, but can anyone point me in the correct direction to find more information about this as it seems this isn't quite the right crowd to be asking..?

Device(s)
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    still looking...

Device(s)
    Docomo Aquos SH-04F
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    WOW man.... I really hope you can get some info about this phone.... That stupid pop up saying use data is really annoying...

SOMEONE GIVE THE GUY THE INFO LOL

Device(s)
    ATT Quickfire
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Quickfire is "dumber" than most "dumbphones." Don't get it. You'll be disappointed.

Feedback Score

Arrow I'm cheering you on

If you create or find any mods please keep me updated. The hardware is great and I love the design. Unfortunately, the software is retarded. I'd love a way to install another operating system (linux, win mobile?). I can dream. That is if I can figure out how to unlock my phone with the "incorrect sim" designation preventing me from entering anything.

Quote Originally Posted by frich.
    I recently purchased this phone after having used a RAZR and SEw810i for many years. I don't want to pay the extra fee for a smartphone, so I feel very limited in my options. Dumbphones seem targeted to a much younger audience. As two examples, I'm not ever going to sign into the IM application and the email application still can't (won't?) access Gmail accounts.

I'm moderately skilled at hacking into phones and grew up unlocking and flash/flexing my previous phones to my liking. I would be interested in knowing if anyone here has any information on the Quickfire OS and it's vulnerabilities that would allow me to get access to it.

Here's what I would like to do:

1. Change application security permissions to never ever ask (not even once) for internet access. I paid for unlimited texting/internet and want to be able to use it without annoying permission requests every time I open and use Opera Mini, Gmail, and Google Maps among the other apps out there.
    2. Get an equivalent of the iPhone's Last.FM streaming radio app. I have a current subscription to XM in my car, so I don't want to pay for the same service twice.
    3. Remove or replace the AT&T 3G startup video/sound.
    4. Reorder and/or create new menus -- remove/replace unused items.
    4. Create new themes.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Quickfire is the worst "quick messaging" phone you can buy. I feel bad for anyone who has purchased one. The touch screen is horrible and the general design is that of a four-year-old's play toy. Good luck modding your Q-Fire into a smartphone.

HAHA.

Device(s)
    LG Vu CU920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i appreciate your incredibly smart insight.

however, the touch screen really isn't that bad. furthermore, i'm not exactly sure how you came to the conclusion that the design is similar to a child's playtoy, but i will have to politely ask you to either contribute something useful, or go back to sucking steve job's sick c| ick.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frich.
    i appreciate your incredibly smart insight.

however, the touch screen really isn't that bad. furthermore, i'm not exactly sure how you came to the conclusion that the design is similar to a child's playtoy, but i will have to politely ask you to either contribute something useful, or go back to sucking steve job's sick c| ick.
    thats real mature dude.
    Current Phone: Unlocked Storm 9550 on T-Mo
    Previous phones: Blackberry 9360, SGSII (ICS), Moto Cliq 2, LG G2X (ICS), HTC HD2 (Windows phone 7), Blackberry 9360, iPhone, MyTouch 4g, Samsung Fascinate, iPhone 4 cdma, Motorola Droid 2 (rooted, gingerbread), HTC Droid Incredible (rooted, MIUI), Palm Pre Plus , Storm 9530, Curve 8330, 8703e, UtStarcom Shuttle, UtStarcom Arc(2), Kyocera Wildcard(a brick), super slice, marbl, LG VX5200, Some crappy Sprint flip phone, various Japanese prepaid phones.

Device(s)
    ATT Quickfire
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Speaking as a Quickfire user, I can say that, other than the "play toy" comment, I have to agree that the Quickfire is a piece of crap. It's a sad waste of computing power. Most of that is down to software (the UI requires three to five times as many interactions as the most complex other phone that I've used), but there are also some hardware issues. (It's hard to know which the screen sensitivity issues -- which are severe -- fall into. But since I can pretty reliably reproduce scenarios in which the touch screen simply won't work, I'm thinking it's mostly software.)

There's value in this kind of comment, by the way: This is how other people know not to buy the damn things.

This is not "Steve Jobs **** sucking." My stepson is really happy with his Blackberry; the G2 looks really nice; I've known people who loved their Sidekicks. Point being, there are other options, and anyone considering a Quickfire is almost certainly better served by one of them.

This phone is no iPhone-killer. It's not even a Sidekick-wounder, AFAICS.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did I mention I hate the Quickfire? I work at at&t, so I have plenty of experience with the phone.

Feedback Score
    I got this phone, I would love any info on it.