Thread: How to access Net10 voicemail?

Feedback Score

How to access Net10 voicemail?

OK, my new LG 600 phone keeps saying I have a new voicemail. The phone's feature to automatically connect to voicemail didn't have a phone number entered into it, so it doesn't do anything. I don't know what the correct number is, but I took a guess that it could be my own number. If I dial my own number from my phone, it almost takes me to voicemail... but instead I get this recording babbling about how the deleted voice mail feature has been added to my service (so what, BFD!), plus a seemingly endless description of how to use it. I don't want to use up all my minutes to find out whether the message ever ends and gets me to voicemail. Is this some dirty trick to force people to use up their minutes listening to a long recording every time they want to quickly check voice mail?

This is especially strange since I was originally able to set up voice mail by dialing myself. I didn't get that stupid message until after I had completed the setup, in which case I got annoyed listening and hung up.

Should I be using some other number? Is there another way to check voicemail w/o using the cell phone?

Feedback Score

Solved

I figured it out... if I dial my number from a landline, and press * when my greeting starts, that gets me into voicemail. I then enter my PIN followed by #. Once I get all the way past that stupid deleted message greeting, it doesn't come back on subsequent calls.

I don't know why Net10's web site can't mention any of this.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Net10 isn't the one providing the voicemail. That would be At&T, Verizon, T-mobile, or whatever network your phone is native to.

Feedback Score
    How do I find out for sure which network the phone really is using? I will guess AT&T because I would recognize what Verizon's voice mail system sounds like.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel
    How do I find out for sure which network the phone really is using? I will guess AT&T because I would recognize what Verizon's voice mail system sounds like.
    There might be a better way to do this, but you could try sending a text message to your phone from your computer trying out different "email to sms gateways" until you get the correct one and your phone receives the text message. If you don't know how to do this, check out this link. How To Send Email To Any Cell Phone (for Free)

Feedback Score

How to know what carrier.

Was the telephone number ported? Or assigned.

If assigned, if you provide the area code and exchange, xxx-xxx, I can tell you who.

Otherwise, if ported, if you send me a private message with the full number, I can tell you.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Samsung Galaxy Appeal
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Carrier
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Squirrel
    If you can afford 1 minute of airtime, dial #121 and press SEND. If you are connected to VoiceInfo, then your phone uses AT&T as your home network. If you get an error message (Your call cannot be completed as dialed), you are using T-Mobile.

Feedback Score

VoiceInfo.

Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    If you can afford 1 minute of airtime, dial #121 and press SEND. If you are connected to VoiceInfo, then your phone uses AT&T
    Interesting information here. I always used *8 for VoiceInfo, but when I tried #121, I see I can get it that way as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek
    If you can afford 1 minute of airtime, dial #121 and press SEND. If you are connected to VoiceInfo, then your phone uses AT&T as your home network. If you get an error message (Your call cannot be completed as dialed), you are using T-Mobile.
    Thanks! AT&T it is, as I suspected.