Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can a generic car charger ruin your phone battery??

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca
    . . . a battery can swell overnight. It doesn't take month.
    I had a battery swell up ready to explode in less than an hour. It was an old battery that I was trying to squeeze the last few cycles out of. I almost got my battery cover blown off

Device(s)
    Joined HoFo: April 2002
    Feedback Score
    Off topic:

There is good evidence that the US nuclear submarine Scorpion sank when salt water caused some battery cells to explode.

Each of the hundred or so cells on a submarine battery is about 2 feet square and 8 feet tall.

(One of my jobs right out of college was ship's Electrical Officer on a nuclear submarine. I had a battery about half the size of a convenience store.)

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do sprint employees make you guys buy the chargers....? No, so if you dont like what we offer buy from someone else. And did you ever bother to ask if it was "after market" or not...?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkstinct
    And did you ever bother to ask if it was "after market" or not...?
    No need to ask. If it has the branding of the phone maker, it is OEM. If it says "Sprint" it is after market.

Device(s)
    TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have been thru at least 4 after market chargers for my Q9C all have either failed to work at all with it or stopped working after a couple of charges (no clue how that would even happen). Odd thing is that they still work on other mini usb charger phones.

On some occasions the Q9C screen will tell you that you are not using the correct charger.

Feedback Score

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by striker01 View Post
    I Call a big BS on this
    i think companies out there will tell you after market chargers will ruin the battery, when in fact, they are just trying to make it so you have to buy an over priced product at the store.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3