Thread: Tracfone Motorola W376g ringtones/formats-True tones.

Feedback Score

Tracfone Motorola W376g ringtones/formats-True tones.

I figured out how to send myself wallpaper and Midi format ringtones via email. It costs 1.00 unit to download- better than what most want.

I have some ringtones I bought from the Tracfone website.

In details on the phone, it says the format is MP3, but when I send a MP3 it says that -"file format is not supported by this handset".

Are True tones a special format, such as AWB or AMR? Does anyone know how I can convert an MP3 file of mine into a format that is accepted by my cell phone?

Is there a free converter that converts to multiple formats that I can try each one?

If anyone has any other helpful information about this phone and how to maximize it's use-let me know please!

Phones
    Moto-W755 Moto W376g
    Moto W370 - deactivated
    Moto V60i - deactivated
    Carrier
    Verizon-Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hi,
    The only thing I was able to send to my phone with success was midi files. I sent myself a mms text with midi attached. Never tried wallpaper due to having camera.

I tried mp3...no luck. Unless there is a new trick on mp3s, can only get them thru Tracfone store.

Feedback Score
    When you send ringtones and/or wallpaper to your phone, it's best to send them all at once. It's cheaper that way because you are charged 1 (or is it .5?) unit for each transfer and then .5 units for each minute it takes to transfer your files. There is a size limit as to what you can send, but I don't remember what it is.

Feedback Score
    have you tried changing the file name extension to midi?

Feedback Score

MP3s

Quote Originally Posted by thall12
    Are True tones a special format, such as AWB or AMR? Does anyone know how I can convert an MP3 file of mine into a format that is accepted by my cell phone?
    If you find an answer to this, please come back and post.

I have experimented with MP3s myself, and I don't believe they are not compatible with the handset for this reason. I sent an MP3 to my handset as a MMS message. I sent the MP3 with .mid extension just to see what would happen. The MP3 played from the MMS message perfectly fine.

The problem however was this. When I went to save the MP3 to the phone, and then use it as I ringtone, it would not work, because the handset was looking to play a MIDI due to the .mid extension; however, it was really a MP3.

Why the handset allowed it to play a MP3 with a .mid extension from the MMS message and not as a ringtone is beyond me. But maybe this information will be a key to point someone else who knows in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    The problem is that the phone is only programmed to allow java script from the tracfone website. This is why it is so important for them to cripple the browser. Crack the java code(make the unit always accept java) and your golden. Just a little tricky since DOS(also flash memory) can only be opened through java script. I'm closing in on it though.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by progvsmetal
    Hi,
    The only thing I was able to send to my phone with success was midi files. I sent myself a mms text with midi attached. Never tried wallpaper due to having camera.

I tried mp3...no luck. Unless there is a new trick on mp3s, can only get them thru Tracfone store.

when you email a midi file from your computer, what do you use for the email address to the tracfone???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II
    when you email a midi file from your computer, what do you use for the email address to the tracfone???
    the mms address for what ever the underlying carrier is ex. att or tmobile

EDIT: att's is @mms.att.net dont know tmobile's of the top of my head

Feedback Score

Email for phone...

Send a message to your Email from your phone.

Check your mail and you will know which one it is- it will have your number and mms.net, or something or another.

Then you can send attachments, in fact you can send text messages to anyones phone using your email so it won't charge your phone!

Check details on your pics in your phone it will tell you what the dimensions are and you can resize it.

Feedback Score

Thank you everyone.

I was able to send a wav file to my phone and play it but it would not save it to my phone.

I will try the midi thing though.

As soon as anyone knows how to get around that Java thing please post!!!

Or maybe even to hook up via USB to computer.

I think Bit Pim only works with CDMA right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thall12

I think Bit Pim only works with CDMA right?
    correct

Feedback Score

Java script Tracfone w376g

Quote Originally Posted by repodmyusb
    The problem is that the phone is only programmed to allow java script from the tracfone website. This is why it is so important for them to cripple the browser. Crack the java code(make the unit always accept java) and your golden. Just a little tricky since DOS(also flash memory) can only be opened through java script. I'm closing in on it though.
    Have you gotten anywhere with this yet?