Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T 3G Rollout - Latest markets launching II

Device(s)
    Ubite Explore,Netgear Zing
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score
    Looks like At&t needs to step it up Wi-max is making its way out here in the sticks.

Matt

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Let us know how that WiMAX cellphone works.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Redwood Valley, CA/Moving back to Pocatello, ID in April, 2018
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG V30, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, LG K20 V, Nexus 6, Moto E
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T (prepaid)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score
    Sorry,30 miles south of Memphis.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck
    Let us know how that WiMAX cellphone works.
    My concern is data only.Voice is ok.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So you're only looking for WiMAX for a USB card ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've had 3G flicker on and off on several occasions in the past few mos (Feb - now).

I'm in Michigan City, IN.

3G is now live in Valparaiso, IN and Portage, IN - still nothing in Laporte, IN I don't think, Chesterton is kind of spotty still.

Just waiting for it to completely make it's way to Michigan City. Blah
    Twitter: iMuggle

The cake is a lie.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,Sprint,At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck
    So you're only looking for WiMAX for a USB card ?

Pretty much.Dsl is not available here and 3g can get pretty slow during peak hours.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have information on central Virginia (Lynchburg area)?? Sales rep in a store said sometime this summer. But that was while I was in there asking to buy an iPhone 3G - so....

Feedback Score
    Anyone know when Wichita Falls Texas is getting 3g? We are the last major city in Texas without 3g. Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular have EVDO here, and Engadgetmobile just posted that T-Mobile will have 3g here by the end of the month. Everyone at my local AT&T store just says "soon" when I ask them when 3g is coming. Its kind of maddening when all the other major players have some sort of 3g and AT&T seems like they don't care.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS (16GB)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (current)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by psk453
    Anyone know when Wichita Falls Texas is getting 3g? We are the last major city in Texas without 3g. Sprint, Verizon, and US Cellular have EVDO here, and Engadgetmobile just posted that T-Mobile will have 3g here by the end of the month. Everyone at my local AT&T store just says "soon" when I ask them when 3g is coming. Its kind of maddening when all the other major players have some sort of 3g and AT&T seems like they don't care.
    Wichita Falls and Major City ??? I dont think those two words go with each other...lol

Last time I was in Wichita Falls (1999) for military tech school, I only remember one club (Gran Central Station) with their 25 cent longnecks and a single mall.

Feedback Score
    Haha, you do got a point, but notice I said "last major city in texas." I just think its pretty lame when a city with a population of over 100,000 isn't covered by AT&T 3g. Btw, Grahams closed a couple of years ago, and I def miss the 25 cent drinks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheezy
    Anyone have information on central Virginia (Lynchburg area)?? Sales rep in a store said sometime this summer. But that was while I was in there asking to buy an iPhone 3G - so....
    It's funny how they're continuing to ignore a chunk of that part of the world.

From Charlottesville and Culpeper all the way north, coverage is incredible.

But you lose all coverage for a huge chunk of the state between Charlottesville and Lynchburg. Very annoying gap in otherwise excellent coverage.

Lucky for me, I only have to go that way once/year. :-)

Device(s)
    Danger SidekickII
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton
    It's funny how they're continuing to ignore a chunk of that part of the world.

From Charlottesville and Culpeper all the way north, coverage is incredible.

But you lose all coverage for a huge chunk of the state between Charlottesville and Lynchburg. Very annoying gap in otherwise excellent coverage.

Lucky for me, I only have to go that way once/year. :-)
    I actually came here to see if I could find more detail than what I already knew, so I guess not. Here's as much as I know...

Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Press Release
    AT&T to add new cell sites between Lynchburg and Charlottesville

By BRYAN GENTRY

Published: February 4, 2009

AT&T’s mobile phone and data subsidiary today announced plans to add new cell sites along U.S. 29 between Lynchburg and Charlottesville this year.

Currently, AT&T mobile phones going north on that corridor lose coverage just north of Amherst, picking up service in a few other spots between there and Charlottesville.

AT&T Mobility also announced plans to upgrade its Lynchburg-area network to its third generation (3G) high-speed data technology. This would allow AT&T customers to use Internet and other data services on their phones or on laptops equipped with AT&T wireless cards faster than AT&T’s current technology allows in Lynchburg. Typical download speeds using the laptop cards range between 700kbps and 1.7 mbps, according to Ellen Webner, AT&T spokeswoman.

AT&T did not announce dates for when the switchover to 3G would be complete.
    Source: http://tr.im/mzjQ

Then according to a meeting Barbara Hutchinson (who works for the CHO airport) had with AT&T, it looks like August is the target for 3G in Charlottesvile. I'm in Lynchburg and I'm hoping we're close that as I'm very tired of Edge.

Source: https://twitter.com/BHutchinson/status/1809403223

That's all I know. Wish I had more. Coverage in Lynchburg is pitiful, but I'd at least like to see 3G where there is coverage. I've got a 1st gen iPhone that I plan on upgrading if Apple releases new hardware next month. I don't want to be like all of the folks with the 3G model around here knowing it could be better.

Feedback Score

Joplin Mo lights up

There's 3G in Joplin now. I wonder how much area around Joplin they'll cover?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast