Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T 3G Rollout - Latest markets launching II

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbut
    Wichita Falls and Major City ??? I dont think those two words go with each other...lol

Last time I was in Wichita Falls (1999) for military tech school, I only remember one club (Gran Central Station) with their 25 cent longnecks and a single mall.
    Wichita Falls now has a major interstate interchange and the Kemp, lawrence rd. area is growing quite a bit. What is disturbing is that 3G is in Lawton, ok not far from there and it is a smaller city than Wichita Falls. It's frustrating on my end since the at&t coverage area ends about 20 miles where I live, Altus, ok and AT&t has been saying for some time that they are going to turn on service here.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkos
    There's 3G in Joplin now. I wonder how much area around Joplin they'll cover?
    I just noticed that on the map update. I went to college in Pittsburg, KS and regularly go back to Football games now, I was hoping when they put 3G in Joplin it would creep out to Pittsburg. When I saw that big bubble of blue I was disappointed that it didn't make its way to Pitt. Oh well
    Rock, Chalk!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085
    I just noticed that on the map update. I went to college in Pittsburg, KS and regularly go back to Football games now, I was hoping when they put 3G in Joplin it would creep out to Pittsburg. When I saw that big bubble of blue I was disappointed that it didn't make its way to Pitt. Oh well
    Squid, are you aware of any new 3G deployments in Kansas?? Im still hoping to hear news of the new towers to be put up between Wichita/Hutch on K-96.

You heard anything?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    talked to an ATT rep yesterday and they said 8 towers in Valdosta, GA are scheduled to turn on 3g Aug 5th.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richmond23
    Squid, are you aware of any new 3G deployments in Kansas?? Im still hoping to hear news of the new towers to be put up between Wichita/Hutch on K-96.

You heard anything?
    No, unfortunately I have not. As far as I know the stuff on K-96 is on hold for now as well. Its been pretty quiet around here. If anything happens coverage around the Topeka-Lawrence-KC area will expand and coverage around Wichita (Hopefully Goddard) will expand. The issue is that outside of Wichita and the KC area, AT&T has so little spectrum to work with. They would have to completely dump GSM to put on 3G, and that, as we know, is not an option.

The talk was that Hutch could go 3G because beign a new service area, they can just sell 3G and only have to worry about a small number of GSM Roamers. Aside from that, I would imagine once the Hutch stuff gets back on track that will all be 3G. I really have no idea what AT&T plans to do with the stuff they just bought in Western Kansas. But they are buying one side of the Cellular specturm, which gives them plenty of room for both, however, not the will to do it. As I imagine you won't find very many Western Kansas that know what 3Gees means, or even speak english

Device(s)
    Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t (Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Erie, PA is listed on the coverage viewer as having 3G - but we don't. Any ideas when it will launch?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid7085
    No, unfortunately I have not. As far as I know the stuff on K-96 is on hold for now as well. Its been pretty quiet around here. If anything happens coverage around the Topeka-Lawrence-KC area will expand and coverage around Wichita (Hopefully Goddard) will expand. The issue is that outside of Wichita and the KC area, AT&T has so little spectrum to work with. They would have to completely dump GSM to put on 3G, and that, as we know, is not an option.

The talk was that Hutch could go 3G because beign a new service area, they can just sell 3G and only have to worry about a small number of GSM Roamers. Aside from that, I would imagine once the Hutch stuff gets back on track that will all be 3G. I really have no idea what AT&T plans to do with the stuff they just bought in Western Kansas. But they are buying one side of the Cellular specturm, which gives them plenty of room for both, however, not the will to do it. As I imagine you won't find very many Western Kansas that know what 3Gees means, or even speak english
    HA HA, that's funny!! Where did you hear this talk about Hutch going 3G? I really think it would make sense to expand the Wichita area out and deploy 3G out this way. Im not surprised if the K-96 Expansion is indeed on hold for now but who knows for sure?? With regards to Hutch, it sounds like what you are saying that 3G in Hutch is a possibility?? That would be nice!

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 6s ATT, Iphone 5s Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    St. Johns County Florida? St. Augustine 3G Upgrades timeline anyone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    For Louisiana: Monroe 10/20/09
    Alexandria 8/12/09
    Houma 8/12/09
    Expansion along I-10 between Baton Rouge and Lafayette sometime this fall...forgot exact date.

Feedback Score

Green Bay, WI

Does anyone know if/when 3G will be expanded to Green Bay, WI? Thanks.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    At&t (Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Erie, PA is now live - with crazy speeds approaching 3 mb/ps.

Feedback Score
    thank you aronmatmike

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G (16GB White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (2008-Present)
    Feedback Score
    I have a Twitter search setup for my hometown (Sunapee, NH) and it yielded a surprise tweet today from an AT&T PR person:

https://twitter.com/k8att/status/2691149373

More bars! AT&T has just turned up new cell sites in Eddington, Maine and Sunapee, New Hampshire.
    Apple iPhone 3G (16GB White) - The best phone on earth.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AHHH I live in a city with 119,735 people as of last year and we've yet to see 3G, yet a city in the state north of us with only 32,076 people as of last year got 3G a WHILE ago. Can anyone tell me how AT&T decides where to put 3G next?? My city is supposed to get 3G some this this year, so that's not that I'm asking, but how on earth do they figure they will give it to a ******** with a third of the population of here before us??
    Former Customer Service Rep

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast