Thread: Tracfone and anonymous usage?

Feedback Score

Tracfone and anonymous usage?

Hi,

I have 2 questions:

1. Which of the over-the-counter Tracfones currently available is the best? Mainly I'm looking for good reception, long lasting battery and, if the phone has these two elements, a camera.

2. I believe it's possible to buy a Tracfone over-the -counter and use it anonymously. How is it done?

Thanks,

Mike

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Pay cash for a phone.
    Activate it online from an anonymous computer.
    Purchase airtime from retailers and add it from your phone.
    Only call strangers, don't call anyone that can identify you.

The Motorola 376 or the LG600 are the current models sold retail with cameras.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    LG 900G
    Lg 600g (retired)
    Lg VX8500 (retired)
    Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    what a creepy question

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    You can activate Tracfones (and Net10 phones) anonymously from a computer, it asks for name and address but has an option to skip the question. Do not get a Massachusetts (I hope that state is spelled correctly) number, anonymous cell phones are not allowed to be activated with that state's phone numbers. I have activated phones with phone numbers based 1000 miles away from my home (and roaming, mind you) and been successful in activation using my home tower. Other carriers such as AT&T and Page Plus do not allow anonymous activation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80
    what a creepy question
    A little on the judgemental side, are we NismoMax80?

Creep this!

Maybe I'm a private investigator.

Maybe I'm a process server.

Maybe I work for a Children and Family Services Agency with a caseload of more than 150 families.

Maybe many of these clients will not answer the phone if they know who is calling.

Maybe if contact is not established within 24 hours, I have to go to the home.

Maybe I'd do nothing but drive around a pretty big territory all day to simply establish contact instead of answering subpeonas or doing case documentation paperwork or trying to find referrals for abused spouses, or parents or kids with substance abuse problems etc. etc..

Maybe I'm preparing to give you a call in order to creep you out.

I can think of a lot of reasons for anonymous calling.

Hee hee,

mykem

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoMax80
    what a creepy question
    A little on the judgemental side, are we NismoMax80? Creep this! Maybe I'm a private investigator. Maybe I'm a process server. Maybe I work for a Children and Family Services Agency with a caseload of more than 150 families. Maybe many of these clients will not answer the phone if they know who is calling. Maybe if contact is not established within 24 hours, I have to go to the home. Maybe I'd do nothing but drive around a pretty big territory all day to simply establish contact instead of answering subpeonas or doing case documentation paperwork or trying to find referrals for abused spouses, or parents or kids with substance abuse problems etc. etc.. Maybe I'm preparing to give you a call in order to creep you out. I can think of a lot of reasons for anonymous calling. Hee hee, mykem
    Not really, a big selling point to prepaid is that it is basically anonymous. My friend is a detective and even with subpoena's and court orders hes never had any luck tracking down some bad people who constantly pick up a prepaids from any store, even vending machines, its just too hard.

And seriously, if you want to call someone who doesn't accept or answer blocked calls, pick up a prepaid, use it up, and toss it. When I used to sell stuff online and call customers and verify or whatever it may be, this is what usually did.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work