Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Protection Against Drops for Dare: Hard Rubberized Case or Soft Silicone Case?

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 4
    Razr V3 (retired, backup if needed), LG Dare (retired, plan to sell)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question Best Protection Against Drops for Dare: Hard Rubberized Case or Soft Silicone Case?

Which case protects the Dare if one should drop it on a concrete surface from a height of 4 feet or so?

Rubberized Shield Protector Case for LG Dare VX9700

OR

Silicone Skin Cover for LG Dare VX9700

Phones
    LG Dare
    V325i/V60s
    VX4400/CDM8600
    Carrier
    Nynex, I mean BAM, I mean...
    Feedback Score
    I have both (or cases very similar). Four feet onto concrete? You'll need luck with either but the "rubberized" case covers more corners better and has a fair bit of air cushion around the phone. Sometimes luck works. We had freezing rain last night. I took a fall from the top of our kitchen porch steps down onto the driveway. Dare took a flight on its own, no FAA pre-cert. Landed hard on the driveway 10 or 15 feet away wearing nothing more than a Zagg skin. It's fine...I am lucky.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell
    I have both (or cases very similar). Four feet onto concrete? You'll need luck with either but the "rubberized" case covers more corners better and has a fair bit of air cushion around the phone. Sometimes luck works. We had freezing rain last night. I took a fall from the top of our kitchen porch steps down onto the driveway. Dare took a flight on its own, no FAA pre-cert. Landed hard on the driveway 10 or 15 feet away wearing nothing more than a Zagg skin. It's fine...I am lucky.
    You must live in the northeast. I live in CT and my driveway was as slippery as heck this morning. Anyway, that's quite amazing that your Dare was not damaged even without a case.

I would imagine that the Dare in the silicone case might bounce a bit like a rubber ball. boing......
    Last edited by phoney123; 01-05-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

phones are tougher than we give them credit for sometimes. i cant tell you how many times my 9400 hit so hard the bsttery would pop off. this does not include the gazzillion times i dropped it snd the bsttery stayed on..... i have the bodyglove cover cuz its dual purpose to me (belt clip and rubberized). i dropped the phone once with a silicone cover and the corner that hit pulled back. i traded the next day for my bodyglove. i have not dropped it yet because it grips even with winter gloves on.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainBikerMark
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i dropped the phone once with a silicone cover and the corner that hit pulled back.
    biker, when you say "pulled back" do you mean your Dare got dented with the silicone case on?

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    no. the case pulled off in the corner that hit. no damage to the phone but no more trust of the case either.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Blackberry 9530 Storm (retired/backup)
    LG Dare, LG enV2, LG Voyager, LG V (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the hard rubberized case and I've dropped my phone 2 or 3 times from 4-5 feet onto a concrete floor and this case definitely protects the phone from getting damaged! I'm so sure of this case now after dropping it that I cancelled my insurance to save some extra money in these hard times.

(actually restructured some of my plan around to save money and not have such a big bill and the insurance was just part of my restructure)

I have the Zagg screen protector on and then the hard rubberized case over it. I never take the case off, so I never have to worry about dropping my phone without the case.
    -Matt-

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -BoneZ-
    I'm so sure of this case now after dropping it that I cancelled my insurance to save some extra money in these hard times.
    I didn't know one could cancel it.

Phone
    DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i have this one

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=22391

it works great and really protects the phone, even in case of a drop. and it's alot cheaper on ebay. exact one is $5 shipped on ebay.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

Yea most phones can take a pretty heavy beating. I use to drop my chocolate so hard on to concrete that like the other poster said the battery would fly off. All i ever got from it was a couple of dings on the corners.

Phones
    iphone-5 32gb
    Wife: iphone 5 16 gb
    Kid-1 iphone 4s 64 gb <> Kid-2 Razr M
    Carrier
    Verizon since it was Airtouch, Yeah I'm old!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphabets
    i have this one

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=22391

it works great and really protects the phone, even in case of a drop. and it's alot cheaper on ebay. exact one is $5 shipped on ebay.

I give this case the hell yes nod! I have dropped my phone a lot and it is still in like new shape!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    When I got my Dare the other day ( @ a corporate store ), I got a snap on cover with belt clip similar to the body glove case, but its not by body glove. The detailing on the case looks more like leather than the design on the actual body glove cases. It was only $14.99 after my corporate discount. Really nice case. Its a bit thicker than the Body Glove cases. I can post some pics if you guys want to see it.
    Daniel
    -- I bet you were expecting something catchy or funny in my sig......... Nah. --
    BlackBerry Z10 PIN - 2AB3A18D

Leave B/S/T Feedback here

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoney123
    I didn't know one could cancel it.
    You can, you just can't put insurance back on the phone once you cancel it.

Feedback Score
    Do all these cases make the dare a little bulky in the pocket?

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omelet1978
    Do all these cases make the dare a little bulky in the pocket?
    Not really. It's not noticeable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast