Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharos Traveler 137 Smartphone - AWS, 3.5" WVGA, WM 6.1 phone

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaww
    TMo is supposed to get a version of the Diamond 2 - possibly as early as June.

PS - any word if the Pharos 137 will have an accelerometer - early specs did not mention it.
    I asked on their forums but they gave a stock response about releasing more info when they have it. The preview on Brighthand didnt show any autorotation, though the device was held upright most of the time. The only possible clue I have gathered is from an unreleased Inventec/Velocity device, the 83 which DID have an accelerometer but the implemention was poor and probably still being worked on. The 83 was the lower end companion of what is now the Pharos 137 so maybe, just maybe the 137 will have it. But till we see an actual device anything is possible.

Here is the article where the 83 and 301 (which seems to be the 137) are mentioned -

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ve...01_vota_o.html

Video showing the 83 accelerometer - http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ha...locity_83.html
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efjay
    I asked on their forums but they gave a stock response about releasing more info when they have it. The preview on Brighthand didnt show any autorotation, though the device was held upright most of the time. The only possible clue I have gathered is from an unreleased Inventec/Velocity device, the 83 which DID have an accelerometer but the implemention was poor and probably still being worked on. The 83 was the lower end companion of what is now the Pharos 137 so maybe, just maybe the 137 will have it. But till we see an actual device anything is possible.

Here is the article where the 83 and 301 (which seems to be the 137) are mentioned -

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ve...01_vota_o.html

Video showing the 83 accelerometer - http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ha...locity_83.html

Greetings - I remember you from their rather sketchy forum (needs work and attention badly...).

If other posters here are correct that they have not gotten anything through the FCC - they will probably totally miss the boat....

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As will all phone manufacturers these days it seems a new device is announced with a lot of fanfare and then it fades away into oblivion only to be released so late that other devices have overtaken it. Just seems as if these companies are not really interested in selling their devices when the interest is highest, they should announce a phone and have it for sale within a month, not several months later when it has been forgotten and eclipsed by rivals.

Device(s)
    PHAROS 137
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Im pretty sure if this phone does come out it will sell good since its $599. Its as close to a Touch HD as you can come feature wise. When the diamond 2 comes out im sure HTC will do the usual $7-800 price tags just like the Touch HD. The camera might not be as good as the Diamond 2, but the GPS will be better than any other cell phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAAN25
    Im pretty sure if this phone does come out it will sell good since its $599. Its as close to a Touch HD as you can come feature wise. When the diamond 2 comes out im sure HTC will do the usual $7-800 price tags just like the Touch HD. The camera might not be as good as the Diamond 2, but the GPS will be better than any other cell phone.
    If it came out NOW, with no other device close to being a Touch HD competitor in the US it would sell well, however delaying till May with HTC and any carrier selling the phone probably putting some marketing power behind whatever device they also release at that time I dont think this device will pick up many sales.

Device(s)
    G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    I for sure am going to buy this thing IF it supports tethering. I am certain that if it is released as a TMobile branded device it will not.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eldirecto
    I for sure am going to buy this thing IF it supports tethering. I am certain that if it is released as a TMobile branded device it will not.
    Windows mobile supports tethering!
    T-Mobile - the largest fake 4G network in Americas

HTC HD2 Speed on 3G/HSDPA

T-mobile 3G/H or Pharos 137

My broadband speed

My WM phone is the best GPS now, say good bye junk Andriod

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I called Pharos about two weeks ago and the sales rep said the device should be available in May. I certainly hope this is true. I have been waiting for a 3G WinMo device for TMobile.
    Decided to give them a call today and the lady on the phone said "a couple of months" for release, wouldnt be more specific than that and when pressed for more details on the specs (ie accelerometer) she said all the info is already on their site. So who knows, they may come out sooner, probably later but the phone landscape could be drastically different then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolPhone
    Windows mobile supports tethering!

Also, I had tried an unlocked HTC Diamond (W6.1), and tethering worked fine.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    on Applications part, you can use Internet Sharing
    you even can do registry mod to undo lockdown, if it happens

the Pharos keeps delaying is pretty annoying
    I may jump to SE C905 if it's confirmed to come to T-Mobile, as I can keep using current phone + PDA (HP211) combo instead of PDA phone

Optimum/Cablevision

Feedback Score
    I wanted to wait for windows 6.5 but knowing how unreliable Microsoft is when keeping scheduled release dates I going to have to jump on this one when released

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Feedback Score
    I found this page on Google Shopping today:

http://www.provantage.com/pharos-gps...7~4PHRO056.htm

$517.71

It says it's a "New Listing", but also on "Special Order"

It doesn't say "pre-order" which could be a good sign...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D.

$517.71

Buy.com also has a listing for it @ $622. http://www.buy.com/prod/TRAVELER-137...210809793.html. Not putting too much stock in these listings but at least it seems its not vapourware.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D.

$517.71

Don't know if it is scam.
    Show up "Average Process Time: 3 to 11 Business Days",
    but no way to add your cart to checkout.
    "This is the best predictive measure that we have. We are unable to expedite this process."

Device(s)
    HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪Mobile▪
    Feedback Score

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by efjay
    Buy.com also has a listing for it @ $622. http://www.buy.com/prod/TRAVELER-137...210809793.html. Not putting too much stock in these listings but at least it seems its not vapourware.
    well whatever they had, is now sold out. i still have not received a call from expansys about my pre-order so i am still assuming it is not available.

Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast