Thread: TXT8010 USB Drivers

Feedback Score

TXT8010 USB Drivers

Okay, I'm having no luck with either Verizon or UTStarcom. They include a USB cable in the box and my computer does not recognize it. I spent an hour on the phone talking to Verizon only to be told since it does not support Rhapsody I don't need the drivers. Either way, the conversation went nowhere fast with either place.

Can anyone help me out?

Device(s)
    Blitz TXT8010pp
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Oh, I know the feeling

I've put up quite a few posts and I'm getting no where as well. Most of the guys seem to say that you have to do a few things to it to be recognized as a "modem". I've gone and downloaded VCast w/ Rhapsody and went and looked of USB drivers as well as driver that will help with this problem but I too am having no luck.

I got the phone around July 4th and I got the USB cord for Christmas and I've been trying since then to get just one song from my computer to my phone. The only thing holding me back is that when I hook it all up, I'm not having that chime that you get when the computer sees a USB being plugged in. I think that if I can get that chime to sound, I might have something but no luck. I even tried it on another computer and it's the same thing.....no chime.

One option I've been thinking of is to try and find a way to get the music on the SDmicro through the SD adapter and just put songs on it in a format that the phone will see but I don't think that can happen.

The only thing that I know is that if you have it on and you put in *#6870+end it'll disable the MTP (whatever that is) and you should be able to put music on it. Once the download is done then you push in *#6871+end and it'll put the MTP back on. Everywhere I go that's what everyone is saying but I've done it and it's still wont be seen by my PC, not even in the Rhapsody source list on the left. It's not even showing up on the device manager nor my "My Computer" window as a "removable storage". I think it might be the same reason that I can't get my computer to link up to my 360 to play music and vids.

If you found out something let me know, PLEASE!!

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The issue i am having is that the computer does not see the phone what so ever, it seems to charge when its plugged in, i am suspecting its the cable.

Feedback Score
    can anyone help me with a driver? i have been looking since i got my usb cable. thanks in advance.

Feedback Score

Wink

I tried what he said I plugged up my phone to the cord, to the computer. I dialed *#6870 and pushed the end call button on the phone. Then I dialed *#6871 and pushed the end call button on my phone and it recognized the phone.

You go baby..............................for asking around for the rest of us.

I dont know if you have to do it everytime you plug it up, but I just tried it and it worked, I saw my folders!

Device(s)
    Blitz TXT8010pp
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ms perfect View Post
    I tried what he said I plugged up my phone to the cord, to the computer. I dialed *#6870 and pushed the end call button on the phone. Then I dialed *#6871 and pushed the end call button on my phone and it recognized the phone.

You go baby..............................for asking around for the rest of us.

I dont know if you have to do it everytime you plug it up, but I just tried it and it worked, I saw my folders!
    I don't get it. Where did you get your cord from?? Did it come with the phone or did you get an aftermarket one?? The one I have is aftermarket. Another thing, how did it get recognized?? Did it show up as a removable memory like a SD or a flash drive? I gave up about 2-3 months after I posted.

If anything, I'm thinking it's the cord. I'm most likely going to go off and get an OEM cord for about $8.