Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any adult Sidekick users? (over 25)

Device(s)
    BB 8700g
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    im 25 and i have a sidekick lx 09.. it may be marketed towards younger people but its an all around great communication device. it does e-mail, IM and social website applications like facebook. not to mention it has the best qwerty keypad on a mobile device.. ever!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic
    im 25 and i have a sidekick lx 09.. it may be marketed towards younger people but its an all around great communication device. it does e-mail, IM and social website applications like facebook. not to mention it has the best qwerty keypad on a mobile device.. ever!
    I couldn't have said it better myself

Feedback Score
    I'm not over 25, but my boyfriend is 30 and he has the sidekick LX

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm 29 and have the new LX 09. I honestly like it better than the iPhones I've had and maybe even the N95. Gasp!

Device(s)
    HAD i930 2x - RETURNED/SOLD
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL. Done. | = i860
    Feedback Score
    the N95 is only good for the camera and the nokia battery life but other than that it cant beat SideKicks for what it does
    PepsiCola

Phone(s):
    HAD i930 2x - RETURNED/SOLD, i870,i860, i830 Silver/Bronze, i733 LE, i95cl LE, i95cl, i90c LE, i90c, i85, i1000plus, SK LX Blue/Brown, SK 3, SK iD, Mr. Cartoon SKII, SK II & more

Indirect Dealer of Nextel, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and AT&T/Cingular

I am an indirect dealer of (Carrier), anything I say does not reflect (Carrier) or any parent, subsidary, or affiliate companies. My opinions should only be attributed to myself and no one else nor another group.

Device(s)
    Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Right now, T-Mobile, but it'll change I'm sure
    Feedback Score

39 and using one

I use a Sidekick LX - the new one, and I'm 39. I actually got a Sidekick when they first came out when I was in my 20's so that's why. I'm not sure how long I'll keep using it, but I do like the keyboard the best.

Device(s)
    Sidekick lx 2009
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm 59 and been using a SK for about 4 years. I've been pleased using it.
    cosmo93940

Device(s)
    Panasonic GU87 (1st phone)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by birdsofprey
    I'm 29 and have the new LX 09. I honestly like it better than the iPhones I've had and maybe even the N95. Gasp!
    I wish the N95 had a slide out qwerty keyboard, if it did it be money. Though I am surprised with what the new side kick can do though as someone mentioned in a review it is growing up!Doesn't the new one let you use apps or something? The only big change I ever saw was from the sidekick to the sidekick color, sidekick #3 should have been #2.

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm over 25 and...well not out of preference, but out of necessity (cheapest decent looking screen and qwerty device I could find) I ended up getting the PV300/LX09 for windmobile here in Canada. Yeah, nobody uses this thing up here...those who do use an SK are trying to peddle the LX for $100 more than I paid for my LX09 . You can't really do much with this thing unfortunately. What a pita compared to other phones.

-No theme customization (easily..that I can tell)
    -no wifi
    -no menu adjustments., I can't delete something I don't want to ever use, it just stays there. With Android or Apple or RIM, I can hide items, group them, delete them...with this I'm stuck as is.

I really really don't like it. Maybe it's just the UI learning curve I'm still working through.

I also find it to be a massive device lol. Stunningly. The HTC Dream is closest right, minus the equal 'chin' on the other side, which this has-which I prefer. Has good balance of weight in your hand...but man, for younger people, and those with smaller hands, this must be gigantic to handle., and I have larger hands to begin with and still find it large.

Coming from all the primo SE, BB, HTC, Apple devices., this is a huge step back for the full-featured free app availabilities.

I'm only happy I can access my windhome zone (Due to AWS 1700), text my buddies in the US and answer a call or two here or there. Actually I don't even use it for inbound calls as I have it perma-CF'd to my Rogers line. Might have to look into a mytouch 3G slide soon to replace this with.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Feedback Score
    I'm 40! What's wrong with adults using a sidekick? I recently acquired a refurbished LX210. I have a few months left before Microsoft and TMo gives it the boot. Well, I guess I have a few months more to have fun with it!

Anybody knows where I can get a manual and more games? It didn't come with a manual.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3