Phones
    Blackjack 2 Techi Edition!
    Nokia 6085, Blackjack 1
    Moto Ve240 (left it)
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Porting number from metropcs

Hey so im tired of Metropcs's sucky phone line and decided to switch over to ATT. I bought my phone yesterday and im waiting for it to be shipped, but my number from metro needs to be ported first.

does anyone know how long this takes???

and is there problems with it?

thanks!
    bending the rules while still complying with them. Nothing is impossible.

Nokias can outlast your shiny new "gadget" for about 3 to 4 years! lol mine did: Nokia 6225 gotten Oct. 23rd 2004 and died Jan. 10 2008

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you setup the port during the process of ordering it online? If so, it doesn't port until you get the phone and activate it.

Joe

Phones
    Nokia 6085, Blackjack 1
    Moto Ve240 (left it)
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    but everytime i check my order stats it tells me my number is in the process of porting and wont be shipping until thats clear...

Phones
    Casio G'zOne Boulder in Orange with front speaker on The Network baby!
    Apple iPhone 5s 64GB Space Gray on AT&T
    Sony Ericsson w810i on T-Mobile
    Carriers
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    When you watch something you LOVE so much die such a painful death, it makes moving on IMPOSSIBLE.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by techi23
    but everytime i check my order stats it tells me my number is in the process of porting and wont be shipping until thats clear...
    This is EXACTLY why you NEVER do a number port with your initial order. ALWAYS order the phone first with a random number and THEN port it in.
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skippinjack
    This is EXACTLY why you NEVER do a number port with your initial order. ALWAYS order the phone first with a random number and THEN port it in.
    This. lol

MetroPCS is having major difficulties right now for whatever reason, and are throwing numbers in delay (just means can take a day or so to even get a response) - Our system will not ship the phones until we get that response and it is a confirmation.

So in the interest of at least getting your phones a few days earlier you could have just ordered them, and called PAC to start the port separately. Then again...most people don't care about having to wait 2-3 more days to get everything set.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Phone
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    Metro is the worst carrier to port from. Their port process is a manual one which means someone on their end has to physically approve it.

Your best bet if your number isn't ported when you activate is to go here: att.com/port
    and check for any issues and then call the number on the page to push the port through once you made any necessary connections.

Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane
    Metro is the worst carrier to port from. Their port process is a manual one which means someone on their end has to physically approve it.

Your best bet if your number isn't ported when you activate is to go here: att.com/port
    and check for any issues and then call the number on the page to push the port through once you made any necessary connections.
    Far from the worst. lol

a fun fact - Even in this day and age AT&T manually responds to Edge Wireless ports

Phones
    Nokia 6085, Blackjack 1
    Moto Ve240 (left it)
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Talking

ok so im on att now and im doing this via mobile! lol

thanks to all who replied!

the total time it took me to port was 5 business days. lol metro sucks i tell you