Thread: Quickfire Unlock Help "Incorrect Sim"

Feedback Score

Exclamation Quickfire Unlock Help "Incorrect Sim"

I had at&t and want to use the quickfire on tmobile. I purchased a tmobile prepaid sim that's arriving in a few days and have my unlock code. The instructions for unlocking said to take out my at&t sim and put in another from tmobile (alternate company). I then read that a prompt to unlock my phone would come up. But, when I put in the tmobile sim (old sim from 2 years ago. I think it was prepaid) and restarted my phone - where the cell provider name is supposed to be it says, "Incorrect Sim". It won't let me choose any options and just states "Emergency Calls only". What can I do to make this happen?

Feedback Score

I figured it out

The sim was simply old and out of minutes. Hope this helps someone else.

Device(s)
    MyTouch Slide 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    hello, were you able to resolve the 'incorrect sim' problem? i'm curious how the quickfire works on tmo. been looking at quite a few reviews about it, granted that they're all while on at&t, but have been reading up and watching youtube vids on it as well. might get a quickfire later on, when situation improves a bit. if you got it working on tmo, would it be possible to get your honest review on how the quickfire performs on tmo, thx. mm724

Feedback Score
    Will repost from computer w/ code

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Q-Fire is a piece. Don't even bother.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i want one so bad because it looks awesome but everything i hear about it is that its just crap. whats so bad about it?
    Current Phone: Unlocked Storm 9550 on T-Mo
    Previous phones: Blackberry 9360, SGSII (ICS), Moto Cliq 2, LG G2X (ICS), HTC HD2 (Windows phone 7), Blackberry 9360, iPhone, MyTouch 4g, Samsung Fascinate, iPhone 4 cdma, Motorola Droid 2 (rooted, gingerbread), HTC Droid Incredible (rooted, MIUI), Palm Pre Plus , Storm 9530, Curve 8330, 8703e, UtStarcom Shuttle, UtStarcom Arc(2), Kyocera Wildcard(a brick), super slice, marbl, LG VX5200, Some crappy Sprint flip phone, various Japanese prepaid phones.

Device(s)
    MyTouch Slide 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    from what i've read and seen in videos, its similar to a sk slide, made by pcd (not motorola, lol), i know that its a bit bulky, you have to touch the screen a couple three times to get it to respond. granted its not a blackberry or iphone. that being said, what is bad about the quickfire....

Feedback Score
    does any one know how to hard reset the quickfire , i have a few of them with user locks and i cant get them unlocked, any help would greatly be appreciated.