Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pantech Matrix Data Transfer Help

Feedback Score

Question Pantech Matrix Data Transfer Help

Okay so I've searched for the answer in some of the other threads on this site and really have tried to find the answer. I just can't get the answer in the simplest way possible. I'm a complete noob to this.

What I want to do is transfer the mp3 files from my computer to my pantech matrix and use them as ringtones. I did buy the data cable specifically for the matrix but realized it isn't that simple.

What would I have to do/buy to be able to be able to transfer data from my computer to my phone?

Please keep in mind I am a noob at this and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    any help any1?

Feedback Score
    wow wtf? no1?

Phones
    Pantech c740 Matrix RED
    Cingular 3100
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    In order to transfer files to your phone using the data cable, you will need to have a memory card installed in the phone first. After that it is simple plug and play/drag and drop.

As for making use of mp3 files as ring tones, that will be possible only if the file size of each mp3 is less than 300KB. A program for editing mp3 files will be useful here.
    ...Tim

Feedback Score
    will i need a card reader as well?

Phones
    Pantech c740 Matrix RED
    Cingular 3100
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    No card reader is needed. You have a computer running Windows? ...and a phone with data cable... you will need to install a Micro SD memory card in the phone, then plug it into the computer with the data cable. If the computer asks for driver installation just cancel and then browse the computer to find a 'Removable Storage Device'

Feedback Score
    Kk. thank you so much. You've been very helpful.

Feedback Score

Blue tooth works for me on C740

I transfer my files with bluetooth and it puts them on the main memory folder. Of course if you don't have bluetooth you will have to use the data cable or card reader. You can also have the files sent to your phone if you have the unlimited data plan using www.cellware.com. It has some great free ringtones.

Feedback Score
    Beer Hunter, is this method going to put the music/picture files onto the sd memory card or onto the phone? I have a memory card in my phone with everything I want to transfer to the phone and I keep getting a message saying, "can not copy existing file" no explenation or anything. I was able to copy some of my files to the phone but not all of them.
    any body have any ideas?

Phones
    Pantech c740 Matrix RED
    Cingular 3100
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Using the data cable gives your a computer access to the memory card only. Once the files are transferred, you may then unplug the cable and then move or copy the files from the memory card over to the phone memory.
    I have noticed that the error "can not copy existing file" means you already have a file with the same name in the destination folder. The copy to location may not be exactly where you might expect to find it. Look around a bit.

Feedback Score
    thanks for your help
    I did find the files.

Phones
    N75
    Blackjack
    Carrier
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Use the free website Ventones.com. You can choose one of there ringtones or make your own. It sents it right to your phone and it FREE. Works every time I use it with my Pantech duo.
    Cingular and AT&T

* You will receive your ringtone or wallpaper from support@ventones.com in a text message a few seconds after you send the content to your phone.
    * The text message will look something like this: htp://wap.ventones.com/inventory/downloads/ringtones/380/filename.mp3
    * If you have a Smart Phone you can simply click on the above link and your phone's browser will open and start downloading the content.
    * Otherwise, with the text message open, look for an option on your menu which says SAVE ADDRESS , or GO, EXTRACT, USE DETAIL, DOWNLOAD
    * Be sure to choose the URL above if asked for.

Feedback Score
    I can't get my pantech c740 to connect to my computer via bluetooth in order to manage my contacts and files, etc. I can connect as a modem. How are you connecting via bluetooth? I get an error saying the device doesn't support this type of connection. I've looked everywhere for an answer to this problem.

Phones
    Pantech c740 Matrix RED
    Cingular 3100
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    The Matrix will allow you to connect via bluetooth in order to transfer individual files or individual contacts (one file at a time) back and forth between your phone and another bluetooth phone with data transfer capabilities... or a computer. This is about all you can really do with a bluetooth connection.

File folders can not be transferred this way nor can they be created or organized. For this you will need a data cable.

Feedback Score
    But I can't get it to connect via bluetooth. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I keep getting the error that says this device does not support this type of connection. How do I get around that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast