Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide and introduction to keitais!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4merly_blucific
    source? i haven't read anything in mobile news (and i read a lot of japanese sites) where anyone from docomo or softbank for that matter wanted to sell abroad.
    Mitsubishi called it quits earlier this year and Sanyo was sold to Kyocera. A few months ago there were also reports that Sony-Ericsson was re-evaluating or witdrawing their Docomo line. There were also reports that they will just rebrand phones from another manufacturer. Sony-Ericsson's official response was that they are reviewing the relationship but nothing official. http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not long after DoCoMo sent out this press release about their new Operator Pack for handsets that will make it easier to market phones overseas.

http://www.nttdocomo.com/pr/2008/001395.html

Japan is a very mature market and profit margins are very thin. The only way to grow is overseas.

Feedback Score

UIM unrecognized

hi i use a sh905i and for some reason my phone is constantly not working (as in displaying UIM unrecognized) I'm doing CPR almost everyday are there any simhacks that do not require doing CPR?? and is it mandatory to turn on self mode in poor reception areas?? and if so why?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16gb White
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson_ahnam
    hi i use a sh905i and for some reason my phone is constantly not working (as in displaying UIM unrecognized) I'm doing CPR almost everyday are there any simhacks that do not require doing CPR?? and is it mandatory to turn on self mode in poor reception areas?? and if so why?
    Best if you use any unlocked phone (preferably non 3G) and use it along with your hypersim for a week or 2 then transfer it back to your keitai. At least it solves my CPR issue for months now.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C902
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Hi guys,

I have got a so905iCS and received the hypersim today, I inserted it in my other phone and made a call then put it in the japanese phone, the network is fine but the stereo speaker doesnt work.. There was a line through the speaker icon when i was using the phone without a sim (might be a media lock) but its gone now withthe hypersim but there is still no sound. (the headphones worked before anyways). Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Docomo SH905i
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    great post i will definitely keep these things in mind.

Device(s)
    Sharp SH905i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Talking

When doing the break-in; do I cut the sim or after using the sim+sim with the original phone for three days? Thanks

EDIT:
    Trying to the sim+sim without cutting the sim and in the first try it read "Inser Sim" and on the second "Check Sim". I need confirmation whether or not to cut the sim.

EDIT:
    Got the sim+sim to work with the orignal cell phone, I didn't have to cut the sim. Thanks...
    Last edited by D4rkC1own187; 08-25-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Feedback Score
    I own a S710a - I don't know what you mean by putting the sim + simhack into the non-jap phone...the chips don't even connect...in the phone...??

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K3vY
    I own a S710a - I don't know what you mean by putting the sim + simhack into the non-jap phone...the chips don't even connect...in the phone...??
    yeah i had problems with the s710a getting the sim hack in, probably going to need a phone like the nokia 6230 for the best results

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Sony Ericsson K750,W800, W810 are easy to get hypersims in and out because of the way the SIM card slots are designed resemble Nokias.

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    White Iphone 3gs 16gig
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Well I jammed my Inex hypersim + my sim into a Sony ericsson W300i because I had no other phone on me at the time except for 903sh so......yea LOL

It has one of those stupid sim connectors that had the two bars on the side >.> was hard to get it back out LOL
    Contrary to popular belief I'm not really obsessed or in love with tofu as a food, sure its good and all but I'm not in love with it. Someone else typed this name for me when I was registering >_>

ps. For future reference just qoute me as Tofu instead of the whole name....sounds too cheesy LOL

Device(s)
    N70
    Feedback Score

why?

One thing i dont understand is why the western countries cellphone manufacturers dont make phones like japanese ones. I mean of all the posts i read people always considered that some japanese company wold have to invest in our marked or export their products.
    I dont see why a company like nokia couldnt do it, and why dont asian companies that make the cellphones for japanese market launch them in Europe or USA? after making the adjustements since they probably have some kind of agreement with japanese operators in terms of software.
    Just wondering!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    samsung does, they make the same phones for every market they even look the same too lol

Device(s)
    N70
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aw614
    samsung does, they make the same phones for every market they even look the same too lol
    Really?!
    They dont seem very japanese like...
    I mean the best phones i saw had a 3'' screen and all. And they seem always original, the samsung's i know r so.. gray.

Device(s)
    Droid 2 Global
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    it's also a very different market. japanese people have a different taste in phones than say, americans. honestly, if a lot of japanese companies released similar models in other countries, i think they would have a good chance of flopping.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    yeah too many people complain about the size

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast