Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 499

Thread: Guide and introduction to keitais!

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PT
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    N70
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aw614
    yeah too many people complain about the size
    Yes, western people usually like their cellphones small, i'm not exeption, i like them smallish, but i prefer them powerfull, so if i have to have a bigger phone but with big screen, internet and all that coolness i wouldnt mind. ^^
    And i've seen some smaller japanese phones that could do fine here, even if i dont have any problem with their big ones!
    How does the tv on japanese phones work?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    For the TV, the Japanese phones have an antenna and you just pretty much extend it and go to the TV option on the phone and just start watching TV. Straight forward huh?

    It's all good (^_^)

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

    Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PT
    Posts
    4
    Device(s)
    N70
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IonNuke
    For the TV, the Japanese phones have an antenna and you just pretty much extend it and go to the TV option on the phone and just start watching TV. Straight forward huh?
    Hahaha yes, a bit to much though. What i wated to kow is, ist through internet?

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,462
    Device(s)
    Sharp SH0902C
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    0
    No it's broadcast TV, it's a low quality 320x240 MPEG4 stream transmitted directly to the phone alongside regular HDTV (which the phones can't tune).
    AL
    Mobile: Sharp SH0902C

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    7
    Device(s)
    HTC One S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there anyway to "CPR" ur phone if you have an internal hypersim?
    I have a 920sh with one of those internal hacks in it, and my signal just went out this morning when I dropped it (FIRST DROP AHH!) and hasn't reconnected. I've had it for about a month now and running perfectly till today.
    The multi-media functions haven't locked up..so I'm assuming this is a CPR problem?? If anyone can pleeaaase help I'd greatly appreciate it!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    I wonder if the antenna got shook out of place. How high was the drop?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philly/Brooklyn, North America
    Posts
    752
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    What I don't understand about the Japanese market is why & how the operators (carriers) have so much control over the models, even to the point where you may not even see the manufacturers' logos on the device. I thought the US market was bad in this case.

    I even heard of Japanese phones locking out key features like the camera, audio/video player, & Internet connection unless you have Japanese language selected and/or your are on the native operator for that device. Has any of this improved over the years?

    Can a part zero or intro to the initial guide be made for users who don't have knowledge on how the Japanese phones are different from other offerings? I for one still don't understand the how & why of 'CPR', SIM hacking, etc. (Are the phones SIM-locked in a way more than the usual subsidy lock found on GSM phones? Why doesn't your signal come back when you arrive in an area with a signal?)

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    What I don't understand about the Japanese market is why & how the operators (carriers) have so much control over the models, even to the point where you may not even see the manufacturers' logos on the device. I thought the US market was bad in this case.

    I even heard of Japanese phones locking out key features like the camera, audio/video player, & Internet connection unless you have Japanese language selected and/or your are on the native operator for that device. Has any of this improved over the years?

    Can a part zero or intro to the initial guide be made for users who don't have knowledge on how the Japanese phones are different from other offerings? I for one still don't understand the how & why of 'CPR', SIM hacking, etc. (Are the phones SIM-locked in a way more than the usual subsidy lock found on GSM phones? Why doesn't your signal come back when you arrive in an area with a signal?)
    SoftBank mobiles have multimedia lock-outs.... but it takes time to hack and break through it to unlock it. We're working on it~~~ but we work until like 2am and is usually retardedly tired by the end of the day so it'll take time to unlock everything. Somethings like data lock still can't be tampered with and can't be unlocked. But majority of the keitai users know about that so it doesn't really affect anyone about it.

    CPR is a method to revive the phone's ability to connect to the network after it has been sitting or entered a zone with no reception. NTT DoCoMo mobile see this problem more even though SoftBank is coming out with this issue on their even newer mobiles. In Japanese mobiles, there are no subsidy locks. It's just mostly hardware locked (i think) because they just don't want the outside world to be using things that is set in stone for use in Japan only.

    As for signal returning that goes back to the CPR issue. It's just how the hackers figured out how to unlock the software portion of the phone and we all have our different set of programs to unlock things. Some groups are more efficient than others but run into different sets of problems while others will have another situation. I don't think hacking groups really share information regarding this because we're all so afraid of other groups stealing or work since none of this is like patented or anything.

    At this point I just let everyone that just be happy that the phone even works outside of Japan. The whole point of this high level of encryption to lock everyone out of the phone is that they don't want their mobiles to be used or sold elsewhere. So anything that you can do to the phone while you're not in Japan is simply a bonus. At least that's how I see it since I a few months back I did hypersim programming and it was a lot of work and I lost tons of sleep

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,573
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    I even heard of Japanese phones locking out key features like the camera, audio/video player, & Internet connection unless you have Japanese language selected and/or your are on the native operator for that device. Has any of this improved over the years?
    well thats what grey market exporting does

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Philly/Brooklyn, North America
    Posts
    752
    Carrier(s)
    US: T-Mobile, AT&T; CA: Rogers, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by IonNuke
    SoftBank mobiles have multimedia lock-outs.... but it takes time to hack and break through it to unlock it. We're working on it~~~ but we work until like 2am and is usually retardedly tired by the end of the day so it'll take time to unlock everything. Somethings like data lock still can't be tampered with and can't be unlocked. But majority of the keitai users know about that so it doesn't really affect anyone about it.

    CPR is a method to revive the phone's ability to connect to the network after it has been sitting or entered a zone with no reception. NTT DoCoMo mobile see this problem more even though SoftBank is coming out with this issue on their even newer mobiles. In Japanese mobiles, there are no subsidy locks. It's just mostly hardware locked (i think) because they just don't want the outside world to be using things that is set in stone for use in Japan only.

    As for signal returning that goes back to the CPR issue. It's just how the hackers figured out how to unlock the software portion of the phone and we all have our different set of programs to unlock things. Some groups are more efficient than others but run into different sets of problems while others will have another situation. I don't think hacking groups really share information regarding this because we're all so afraid of other groups stealing or work since none of this is like patented or anything.

    At this point I just let everyone that just be happy that the phone even works outside of Japan. The whole point of this high level of encryption to lock everyone out of the phone is that they don't want their mobiles to be used or sold elsewhere. So anything that you can do to the phone while you're not in Japan is simply a bonus. At least that's how I see it since I a few months back I did hypersim programming and it was a lot of work and I lost tons of sleep
    I'm guessing that the root of all this is a different philosophy that Japanese manufacturers & users have with regard to what they make. They must not believe in making a product for the global market, even though there sure is demand for such devices outside Japan (& I bet those users are willing to pay a premium for it as well).

    That being said, what is it that makes Japanese phones so attractive on these boards (assuming the main features they are touted for, like high quality cameras are locked out/unusable)?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    i don't think they care about the world.... they're happy in their little world

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7,573
    Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917
    I'm guessing that the root of all this is a different philosophy that Japanese manufacturers & users have with regard to what they make. They must not believe in making a product for the global market, even though there sure is demand for such devices outside Japan (& I bet those users are willing to pay a premium for it as well).
    they are...in asia

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    And europe..............if there's time.

    North America = no chance Game over.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    479
    Device(s)
    Droid 2 Global
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    you talk about japanese mobiles being so popular and in such a high demand outside of japan when in reality they aren't.

    to us, we demand these phones because our taste in phones are different. honestly, i'd say the majority of my friends are VERY happy with their iPhones, sidekicks, razors and whatnot. they probably wouldn't even give japanese style phones a chance.

    i think japanese companies are catering to other countries exactly as they should. like aw614 and IonNuke said, they make models for the asian market and sometimes european market because their demand may be high enough to justify the r&d, marketing, and sale of phones they think those areas would like.

    no big company is stupid. they choose their business decisions carefully based on what they think is to their advantage

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USA/Taiwan (depends on the month)
    Posts
    8,330
    Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    0
    The conflict is the result of the people here finding out about what the people overseas have and they start to get interested. Then they find ways to obtain these devices and wonder if it would even work on the market here. But not everyone has the same taste.

    I agree with yukihiro in the fact that most the people on campus here are happy with their V3 Razrs from Verizon because all they do is talk on the phone or text each other. They really have no need for the other stuff so even if those phones never make it here, they won't really care. I read in some study in the past that like 86% of the audience in the United States use a mobile phone to talk and text on it. So as long as you can make a simple device to fulfill those requirements it's completely okay.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yes I have read the guides and tried to do...
    By CrazyLocoDude in forum Motorola
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 10:49 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 09:49 PM
  4. Samsung V205 Unlocking Kit With Cable ,guide And Software .
    By econnections in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 06:42 PM
  5. Used PS2 with 5 games 6 guides and accessories for sale or trade
    By timhorton1998 in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 08:28 PM

Bookmarks